Utah Jazz notebook: Jazz will try to recover in must-win game at Houston

Comments

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    March 20, 2013 9:22 a.m.

I'm so done with this "must-win" discussion every game now.

Please. You lose 9 of 12 with this deep of a bench there are 2 serious problems.

1. A pathetic coach and Corbin clearly qualifies.

2. Gutless veterans who have showed zero ability to lead and play hard.

I was at that poor excuse of a Knick game the other night. Absolutely despicable and the worse loss of the season by far. A team in this situation coming out with a performance like that on their home court is inexcusable.

My opinion is the players have quit on Corbin. There is no regaining that once it happens. Since we all know Jerry is back in the hunt for a job they should rehire him but Gregs ego probably won't let that happen. Once Greg backed D-Will instead of Jerry, that ultimately put an end to the culture of winning here. Now we look like so many other pathetic NBA franchises. No identity and no leadership from the bench or floor.

I'm glad all these guys are free agents because it is time to unload the deadwood. They have demonstrated their inability to grasp this playoff opportunity.

• John Wicks Salt Lake City, UT
    March 20, 2013 9:24 a.m.

Foye should not be starting. Give the ball to Burks. I would like to watch the game tonight but Duck Dynasty will be on. After the disaster thats about to happen in Texas the Jazz will be below 500 and out of the playoffs.

• RBN Salt Lake City, UT
    March 20, 2013 9:43 a.m.

What's everybody's over/under minutes for Watson? I have it 18.

It's an important game so Ty will have Watson's minutes going up. I can't figure out that love affair.

• The Final Word Alpine, UT
    March 20, 2013 9:47 a.m.

Well, all you Jerry Sloan haters where are you now?

If Jerry was operating this group we wouldn't be losing 9 of the last 12 I can guarantee that and we wouldn't be squandering this opportunity and missing the playoffs.

The Jerry haters would rather be in the lottery though. I'm sure we will get the next LeBron James at the bottom of the lottery.

Take a look around the teams that live on lottery picks. Sacramento just can't seem to get enough of it.

What a mess this team has become.

• oleblu Ogden, UT
    March 20, 2013 10:08 a.m.

I agree with both Jazz source, and The final word....everyone wanted Sloan gone..now where are we? At least Sloan got the most out of his players, now Corbin can't get anything out of his! At least Sloan had the respect from his players...Corbin can't even say that..Time for a new coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pipes Salt Lake City, UT
    March 20, 2013 10:18 a.m.

I've never felt so apathetic about a Jazz team. Nothing to cheer for with these guys. I guess their apathetic play has led to fan apathy. Oh well, maybe next year...

• Mountain Bird West Jordan, UT
    March 20, 2013 1:15 p.m.

Corbin was one of my favorite Jazz players and I really wanted to see him succeed as coach. Instead I'm scratching my head at many of his decisions and none bigger than benching Demarre Carroll lately. Also having a hard time getting back on the Mo Williams bandwagon. I think too much Mo too soon has upset team chemistry, such that it was.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    March 20, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Watson is getting more minutes than Burks, Carroll or Kanter? No wonder we are losing games. Corbin can't coach but he is doing a good job of leading us to the lottery. Kevin O Lindsay let him stay until the season is over, then issue him his walking papers and bring someone in that can coach.

• Scandrus Cedar Hills, Utah
    March 20, 2013 2:36 p.m.

This team isn't going to recover until next year when they have players with contracts beyond this year and care about the future of the Jazz! This team has given up!

• Queensland Jazz fan Townsville Australia, 00
    March 20, 2013 3:08 p.m.

I don't think I have ever seen Corbin make on the fly rotation changes that respond to the flow of the game, on court performance. This really hurts us.

Good point B.Russ about Watson getting more minutes than players more deserving. I find it particularly stupid that Kanter in particular, who has been playing better than Jefferson the last month, is not getting more burn.

I cringe every time he is substituted out for fat albert.

• Brahmabull sandy, ut
    March 20, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Pediction: jazz lose by 20. And I have been saying the same thing about Watson - he doesn't belong on the court anymore. He belongs on the bench, yet Corbin keeps playing him. Burks should be the backup point guard.

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    March 20, 2013 3:35 p.m.

I have always been a big Jerry Sloan fan. I used to tell people that if I could choose 1 guy to walk down a dark alley with in the middle of some gang neighborhood, it would be Jerry Sloan. He was a bull dog that you wouldn't want to mess with, even in his 60's.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    March 20, 2013 5:56 p.m.

I have to agree with Jazz Source and The Final Word...a lot of people was knocking off Jerry...but...i think...we really have to break away from that mold...i think today's NBA is no longer the NBA where Jerry's system would be efficient...but...Jerry is 100 times better than corbin...if we were to change coaches...i wish its from the Frank Vogel mold...a guy who understands his X's and O's...a guy who would not be afraid to go back to the basics especially with the core 4...the coach should have a system that revolves around defense and sharing the ball...Jerry...is a very good coach...and any team would be lucky to have him...