Utah spring practice preview: Offensive line

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    March 12, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Whittingham said all along it would take a couple years. I think I'm with 90% of Ute nation who still have total confidence he is the right man for the job. He can talk the Mormon talk when he needs to get get the best local guys, and he's the last coach to beat national champion Alabama in a bowl game.

The South is up for grabs. Lots of potential with each team, but a lot of inconsitency potentially with each program as well.

Anyone but rival Colorado, has a shot at the south crown.

Can't wait til Fall!

• Coach Biff Lehi, UT
    March 12, 2013 2:50 p.m.

Whoa. Utes got some serious beef up front. Hope they pound everyone they play, except the Y, of course.

• RBN Salt Lake City, UT
    March 12, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I like Coach Biff ... a Y fan that can cheer the Utes in all but one game. We need more fans like that on both sides of the rivalry.

• duggity Bountiful, UT
    March 12, 2013 5:43 p.m.

RBN. That should be easier the next couple years with the rivalry taking a break. Hopefully the extremists in both camps will have a chance to cool down, but I'm not holding my breath on certain of them. (duckpunter, bluto, worf, etc.) And yes duckie, we understand that there are fans on the Utah side that are just as bad. Has anyone ever told you that you can't point to someone else's bad behavior to justify your own.

• Utes home for the holidays Sandy, UT
    March 12, 2013 6:25 p.m.

Diggity,, is that why you point to three byu fans? The self righteous hypocrisy from the hill is unbelievable sometimes.

• Pac 12 Fever Salt Lake City, UT
    March 12, 2013 10:43 p.m.

Maybe we should have a winning record in the PAC before we start talking South Div Championship.

Some of you need to get a reality check. Sorry, but it is what it is.

• Pac 12 Fever Salt Lake City, UT
    March 12, 2013 10:51 p.m.

OSU..W
    Ucla..L. We split here with first 2 PAC games
    Stanford L
    Oregon L
    USC. L
    ASU. We haven't beat them yet...L
    AZ. W. win one on rd. tough but I think we can do it
    Color. W
    WSU. w

That's 4-5 good scenario

What think everyone else?

• byufan1993 Provo, , UT
    March 12, 2013 10:51 p.m.

RBN

I think you wold fine there are a lot of fans lik that on both sides. Sadly the loudest are the haters. But good luck to the U like coach biff said, except for one game a year! ;)

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    March 13, 2013 6:33 a.m.

Pac 12 Fever
    I like it but ASU is at least a 50/50 game, they are terrible in the last half of the season and we were not as bad as they made us look last September. I also think that we can beat UCLA as long as we contain Hundly better than we did last year.

• UteJunky70 midvale, UT
    March 13, 2013 9:13 a.m.

BYU fans who say they root for my UTES every week except when they play the Y make me physically ill. I have much greater respect for the Cougar fan who wants the UTES to lose every game. That's the way I feel about the Y. I want them to lose every game against any team in any sport they play. That's the nature of a rivalry. If you don't have that philosophy then in my book your not a true fan of either team. Respect and loathing are two very different subjects.

I have some optimism for the O-line. Marc Pouvave would have clearly been a starter from day 1 last year. His injury was 1 of the truly underrated injuries on our entire team a year ago. Without a doubt the O-line was the position group on the team that was least equipped to handle the move to the Pac-12. I really hope that the necessary improvements have been made in both talent and depth.

• Hegdehog Bountiful, UT
    March 19, 2013 3:11 p.m.

@Chrisb
    "Whittingham said all along it would take a couple years. I think I'm with 90% of Ute nation who still have total confidence he is the right man for the job.

The South is up for grabs."

Typical ute fan predicting pre-season championships. I'm surprised you didn't complete that thought with a Rose Bowl prediction. Must be a sign you're losing confidence.

Most experts are predicting either a 2-10 or a 3-9 season for the utes in 2013. 90% of ute nation might think he's the right man but apparently Dr Hill doesn't because he brought in KW's replacement when he hired Dennis Erickson. Hill's now in position to make a quick switch when the utes fail to make another bowl game next season. Pretty smart thinking on his part even if it is a little obvious to everyone but the paint by numbers crowd.