Utes basketball: Runnin' Utes upset No. 19 Oregon on senior night

Comments

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    March 9, 2013 5:57 p.m.

Good win for the Utes. Hoping their program sees continued improvement.

• Dixie Dan Saint George, UT
    March 9, 2013 6:27 p.m.

Pity the Utes can't play the Y now. My money would be on the Utes to win.

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    March 9, 2013 6:39 p.m.

Nice job, Utah. You're program is certainly much improved.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 9, 2013 6:49 p.m.

This was a fantastic way to end a tough season, a season where the coaches kept coaching and the team kept working and improving.
    It's never going to be an easy run in the PAC-12, but watching the program grow will be that much more rewarding each and every little step along the way. I love what the coaches are doing and I simply hope the team can continue forward next year.
    But before we worry too much about next year, here's hoping the guys can go get at least one more win in the conference tourney. I'd certainly enjoy seeing more, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.
    Regardless, Go Utes!

• bradleyc Layton, UT
    March 9, 2013 7:19 p.m.

Why do Utah fans with they could play BYU now? They had their chance and lost the game.

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    March 9, 2013 7:20 p.m.

the utes should have a playoff with LMU.

• 79Ute Orange County, CA
    March 9, 2013 8:39 p.m.

Next up - the Rose Bowl! Right, Chris?

• sammyg Springville, UT
    March 9, 2013 9:07 p.m.

Congrats Utes on your first major PAC10.2 conference accomplishment... U finally won 'two in a row'.

Nice end to the regular season I am sure.

• IRS Agent PROVO, UT
    March 9, 2013 10:12 p.m.

The turning point for the program. Congrats Coach Krysto. Ute basketball is on its way back, the worst is apparently behind them.

• Ironmomo Ogden, Utah
    March 9, 2013 11:19 p.m.

Congratulations. To the Ute program especially on senior night

• pocyUte Pocatello, ID
    March 9, 2013 11:53 p.m.

I had hoped they would get a CBI invite this year. but I felt it would take them getting 15 wins. Unfortunately I don't see them getting that invite with 13 regular season wins, unless they made a dramatic run in the tourney. They certainly didn't play USC too well this season, let's hope they can correct the errors of the past and get a victory. If 2 in a row is good, 3 must be better.

Go Utes

• U 90 Corona, CA
    March 10, 2013 12:24 a.m.

sammy, maybe if Utah played in the WCC they could have gotten 2 conference wins in a row much sonner. Probably would have come when they played Portland and BYU at home. Home court is worth at least 4 points, right?

• OCoug Ogden, UT
    March 10, 2013 12:42 a.m.

Congrats Utah, most impressive win of the season. Best of luck in the conference tourney and hope you do better than my Cougs. Great way for Washburn to end his career at home. Take down USC.

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    March 10, 2013 12:50 a.m.

Congrats Utes and coach K.

Sammy G - congrats to the y for their big WCC accomplishment, two straight losses to the Toreros.

• Duckhunted provo, UT
    March 10, 2013 5:31 a.m.

How classy is MR. Washburn!!!

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    March 10, 2013 7:27 a.m.

Kudos to the Utes! Great win and a fantastic shot of adrenalin going into the Pac tourney. Wish my Cougs had that kind of fight in them this weekend but sadly they didn't. Here's wishing you guys the best in your own tournament.

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    March 10, 2013 10:02 a.m.

Let's hope for a tourney run. It is possible. The U has more heart than that school to the south.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    March 10, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Big confidence booster, but of all the teams I in the conference, Stanford and USC are the two I absolutely did not want to see us face in Vegas. So many matchup problems. But if we make an effort like yesterday's, I think we can beat, or be in a position to beat, any team. As a Bruins fan told me before leaving the Huntsman Center earlier this year after nearly upsetting UCLA: BEAT SC!

• Clark W. Griswold Sandy, Utah
    March 10, 2013 10:48 a.m.

@ bradleyc

"Why do Utah fans with they could play BYU now? They had their chance and lost the game".

Same reason as BYU fans thinking they could play Utah in football. They had their chance the first time and lost the game.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    March 10, 2013 1:38 p.m.

Absolutely stunning. Great job guys!