Faith

T.C. Christensen: the man, the movies and stories that matter (+video)

Comments

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    March 6, 2013 9:17 a.m.

"...Christensen invited many descendants of the original pioneers, including the Hanks family, to be extras in the film."

-----------------

Hmmm. I wonder if Tom Hanks is related? I know his Hanks line goes back to Nancy Hanks Lincoln, mother to Abraham. If he is related, would have taken part if asked? If so, I wonder which part?

• twelvestringsam Orem, UT
    March 6, 2013 9:56 a.m.

I have seen every one of his movies. I am impressed with the vision and quality of all of his movies. Each has a story containing time tested values. Thank you Mr. Christensen

• rogerdpack2 Orem, UT
    March 6, 2013 11:35 a.m.

One of the best LDS movie makers, thanks!

• TKC Centerville, UT
    March 6, 2013 11:43 a.m.

Go Tess!!!!

• Timpman Heber City, UT
    March 6, 2013 2:13 p.m.

@ samhill
    Eph Hanks was a cousin to Nancy Hanks, but I doubt that Tom was invited! Maybe he should have been!!

• m.g. scott LAYTON, UT
    March 6, 2013 3:03 p.m.

When you see the quality of TCs film work, you know he is as good of a filmmaker as the best in Hollywood. What a blessing it has been to the Church that he has concentrated his filmmaking talents on LDS themes. Thank you and your family for their support of your work TC.

• ldswahine CENTERVILLE, UT
    March 7, 2013 2:35 p.m.

Go Katy!!!! ... and TC for appreciating your wonderful wife!
    I am so grateful you have chosen to dedicate your talents and made it your life's work to bringing these beautiful, inspiring, true stories to life! And I appreciate you all the more for staying in touch with us common folk :) and not "selling out" for the world's riches. Now, when are you going to make a movie about the dedicated Saints of the Islands? Great stories everywhere, aren't there?! We just have to open our eyes and ears! Mahalo nui loa!

• MovieMaker Columbus, GA
    March 7, 2013 5:08 p.m.

T.C. has used his great talents in a very positive way, and set an example for all LDS filmmakers. When we started the Associated Latter-day Media Artists (ALMA) in 1977, we encouraged just this kind of dedication and consecration. Not that we all have to do LDS-themed stories, but that we all should tell stories with value and not squander our God-given abilities on fluff.
    Well done my friend. You're my hero! -Robert Starling

• CarolynAlder SLC, UT
    March 8, 2013 8:33 a.m.

Mr. Toone, Thank you for this really great article! T.C. is my cousin and I know that the Lord has used ham and helped him develped his tallents to bear testimony to the world of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God's love for his children. We are always very anxious to see and purchase his next movie. They do indeed touch the heart of every viewer, and fills our eyes with tears of joy. T.C. is always so humble and unassuming. He probably knows that he is an important instrument in God's hands, and doesn't want to brag about that.