U.S. & World

Tagg emails Boston Herald to say 'timing is not right'

Comments

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 12:52 p.m.

This is a joke. I hope.

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    Feb. 4, 2013 1:29 p.m.

"I think Tagg would be a great candidate," one of the sources said. "He grew tremendously in the campaign, but with his company it's unlikely he can afford to walk away from it right now, sadly."

========

Can't 'afford it'?

His daddy was worth $254 Million BEFORE his run for President - I'm sure he's worth twice that now.

He shadowed his Father (Mitt), like his Father (Mitt) shadowed his Grand-Father (George).

Besides - Republicans are like the Sith.
    They never work alone - always in pairs and dynasties.

• Richard Larson Galt, CA
    Feb. 4, 2013 1:53 p.m.

Oh tagg, don't get into anything
    you can not handle.
    After all, you do not want your mommy
    boo-hooing about you being picked on
    like poor willard was.........

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 2:24 p.m.

The Socialists have now commented.

For the rest of us, Tagg Romney would be an outstanding candidate!

• FatherOfFour WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 2:36 p.m.

Please. Please, please. Please do it. Please. Run for Senate in a state that Mitt lost by 23 percentage points. Scott Brown won by being pro-choice, supporting open immigration reforms, and has even recently come out in favor of an assault weapons ban. I don't see the Romneys doing any of that. So again, please run. Hand this election to the Democrats on a silver platter.

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Mitt lost by over 20 points in Massachusetts to Obama. There's no way his son would be within single digits.

• Bored to the point of THIS! Ogden, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 2:53 p.m.

Tagg Romney comes across as a guy who belives he has "hit a homerun when it comes to life". What he does not realize... he was "born on third base".

Running for office (himself) would be a real eye opener.

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    Feb. 4, 2013 3:07 p.m.

What I find ironic is Utah Republicans going on and on about Jon Huntsman Jr.
    [Govenor, Ambassador, etc., etc.] being a daddy's boy, eletist, born with a silver spoon in his mouth...yada-yada....

Yet fawn all over, and sing the praises of Tagg Romney who's done exactly...what?

• JoeBlow Far East USA, SC
    Feb. 4, 2013 3:21 p.m.

"For the rest of us, Tagg Romney would be an outstanding candidate!"

I think Mitt is a decent man. I suppose that Tagg is also.
    (full disclosure. I also think Obama is a decent man as were both Bushes.)

But what is it that makes him an "outstanding candidate"?

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    Feb. 4, 2013 3:41 p.m.

I can just visualize the Party big shots gathering around Romney and shouting, "Tagg, you're IT!"

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Feb. 4, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Mitt Romney didn't even get 38% of the vote in Massachusetts. Why would the voters feel any differently about Tagg? Would he run on the same platform of as his father, or is this another etch-a-sketch moment?

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    Feb. 4, 2013 4:08 p.m.

‘Another Romney for Massachusetts? Tagg, Ann suggested as candidates in special election’

==========

...and
    Ann Romney ?

Are you serious?

I think she's a wonderful woman --
    but a stay at home Mom, who rides horses and bakes does not qualify anyone to be a United States Senator.

But go ahead Republicans.
    Throw her name into the hat.

The Tea-Party just keeps going further and further off the beaten path of reality into the never-neverland of wishful thinking...

• Happy Liberal Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 4:31 p.m.

What a nightmare. Haven't we had enough of the R-Money clan? Please go away.

• AzTim Gilbert, AZ
    Feb. 4, 2013 5:14 p.m.

@ Open Minded Mormon

"...but a stay at home Mom, who rides horses and bakes does qualify anyone to be a United States Senator."

Sheesh!

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    Feb. 4, 2013 5:38 p.m.

Someone teach Tagg that threatening to punch people is very grade school and it would not work to get legislation passed. What are Tagg's accomplishments other than his father is wealthy?

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 5:41 p.m.

Gosh there would be so many blessings if he was elected.

• Aggielove Cache county, USA
    Feb. 4, 2013 5:47 p.m.

I feel sorry for folks that can't see the benefit of classy folks like the romneys.
    I've often found this is because there jealous of there money.

• kishkumen American Fork, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 5:49 p.m.

Yes please! As a Democrat, I sure hope a Romney will run for that Senate seat. Also, please encourage Mitt to run again in 2016.

• kargirl Sacramento, CA
    Feb. 4, 2013 6:01 p.m.

Please. Being a loyal member of a family and a decent person are admirable, especially when you're in the public eye. I would venture to say that any man or woman of any party or none who runs for anything from mayor to POTUS is an admirable and decent person or they wouldn't get to the ballot in the first place, especially today. And they all deserve credit for putting up with the whole dog-and-pony show that is American elections. But some have gotten worse press than others, often undeserved, and much of the time, had the words been put in ""preschoolese" it would have embarrassed the speakers. So why would anyone as unprepared for any position outside of PTA or a calling at Church like Ann Romney seek that office? And Tagg is no more able to understand the average--really average--American than his father was. Some people just don't have that much empathy, it's intellectual for them, and bless their souls, they try, but can't connect. Ted Kennedy did. But Romney isn't Kennedy. Back to the board room, guys.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 6:21 p.m.

To AzTim 5:14 p.m. Feb. 4, 2013

----------------------

The President, at least, knows what it is to be a real person. All Ann knows is how to throw money at problems to make them go away.

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    Feb. 4, 2013 6:56 p.m.

@tinytim

"...I suppose you think a community organizer/freshman Senator from Illinois with a penchant for voting "present" was more qualified to be Pres. of the U.S....".

Twice.

BTW

m. romney FAILED to be the nominee in 2008.

m. romney FAILED when he was the nominee in 2012.

republicon voters have no interest in pursuing another romney FAILURE.

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Feb. 4, 2013 8:48 p.m.

Fuury: who are you trying to kid? All the president has done for four years is through money at problems. The difference between Mr. Obama and Mrs. Romney is that she's spending her money and he's spending mine.

• JanSan Pocatello, ID
    Feb. 4, 2013 10:39 p.m.

If I were Tagg or Ann I would not WANT to run!
    All the pot shots - and the horrible things that were said...
    Its not worth it for such an ungrateful nation.
    Just cause they have money does not mean they are horrible people!
    So many jealous people on here spouting their hate..
    So SAD!
    I think if I were him I would wash my hands of politics and walk away and enjoy my life and my family and my money
    Why waist my time on people who treated his father and family so badly!

• mark Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 12:35 a.m.

"All the pot shots - and the horrible things that were said...
    Its not worth it for such an ungrateful nation."

Oh. My. Gosh. So JanSan, I should be grateful for the Romneys.

You gotta be kidding. Did they do something important I'm not aware of?

• RBB Sandy, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 6:50 a.m.

@fury1993 - apparently we have different definitions of "a real person." Both parents were marxists, went to the most expensive private school in Hawaii. Admittedly was not a great student, but ends up at Columbia. Despite a n Ivy League law degree ends up as a community organizer. Gets elected to the Senate, does nothing and then gets elected President.

The most important thing for Massachusetts is to elect someone who will keep the Federal government growing and running trilliondollar deficits. George W. Bush was a big spender, but a lightweight compared to Press. Obama and Harry Reid. I am sure when all you progressives try and explain to you grandchildren why the US became a third world county , the excuse will be that we just did not spend enough money. Tagg would never be a success in the Senate. He appears to have integrity.

• sls Columbia, MO
    Feb. 5, 2013 7:47 a.m.

It's unbelievable that the anti-Romney hatemongers are out in force on this comment board, especially since the message of the article is that Tagg and Ann are not going to run for the Senate seat vacated by John Kerry.

I bought a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame me. I voted for Romney." It is becoming more and more relevant with each passing day.

• JWB Kaysville, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 8:18 a.m.

For a nation that put itself on the line to get away from the dislike for people with God fearing beliefs, we have become a nation of the same type of people as our founding fathers left. However, we don't have a place to go now, to get away from the people that torment others with dislike of people that have principles such as the Ten Commandments, Constitutional beliefs, and law and order practices.

The Romney family put their heart and soul into this past campaign. The Republican process through many months of campaigning, caucuses, primary elections, and especially more than 20 debates including both parties expressing their opinions for months in the media and campaigns. The Romneys knew exactly what they had a potential to get involved in and weighed all these experiences as they had been there before in the Senatorial and Governor races.

However, the fervor of the Chicago group to show distaste for anything good and kind that the Romneys did, do or will do, is still alive and doing well in all forms of attacks.

John Kerry got to be a Senator being a war and anti-US government proponent. Tagg is pro-U.S.

• Midwest Mom Soldiers Grove, WI
    Feb. 5, 2013 9:06 a.m.

Tagg has embarrassed himself with his juvenile behavior. Wanting to "take a swing" at a sitting president is disrespectful to the office that represents the people of our nation. Then, after his father lost the election, Tagg's credibility slipped even more when he claimed that his father "wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life. He had no desire... to run. If he could have found someone else to take his place... he would have been ecstatic to step aside."

Tagg must mingle with a lot of politically ambitious people. It must be such a burden being so indispensable.

The Romneys come across as a bored family that has run out of things to interest them. As many of the uber-wealthy, they confuse the accumulation of wealth with being qualified to serve their fellow man.

• RedShirt USS Enterprise, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 11:41 a.m.

To "Furry1993" you realize that whenever there is a problem Obama and the democrats just "throw money at the problems" to make them go away. Look at Sandy. Obama didn't actually do anything, and it took a long time to just send out a wad of cash.

To "Open Minded Mormon" I thought that you were an openminded liberal who loves everybody. However, your posts here today suggest that you have some deep hatred of Romney and his family.

If you want the sith analogy, just look at your liberal philosophies. They seek more and more centralized power, just like Emperor Palpentine. They rely on half truthes to convince peole of their paths and ideas. Then, when they are strong enough, they seek to destroy all opposition without caring about the results of their actions.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 12:23 p.m.

I was surprised to read the sarcasm against the Romney's. You know none of us are perfect, just trying our best to succeed. I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say to or about someone that you should keep it to yourself.It seemed to me most comments were out of jealousy, anger. I agree with Anglielove's comment...I believe she is right.

• JWB Kaysville, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 2:59 p.m.

Thank goodness for people that put themselves on the line, and not just in the military, to help give us a good government. Our government, state, local and especially federal, are far from perfect and we need good people to make a difference. In the Senate, they are almost elitist and above what the common non-Lord citizen can imagine. The House has so many that one vote here or there doesn't make a big difference. However, Governors and Presidents have a great deal of power and especially influence to make a difference for the commoner when they speak. Fortunately, we still have sort of a separation of power with this President's influence on Congress, both House and Senate.

It is a shame that businesses, unions which are businesses, and organizations won with the People united and not the real people of the United States of America. The Lords are not commoners and 6 years is a long time for each one of them to have influence over people and the quasi government they are supposed to oversee and help lead.

• mark Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 2:59 p.m.

That is too funny, I have not heard this quote. The Romney clan had slipped from my radar. I wonder how long until they have their own reality show.

"They seek more and more centralized power, just like Emperor Palpentine. They rely on half truthes to convince peole of their paths and ideas. Then, when they are strong enough, they seek to destroy all opposition without caring about the results of their actions."

I'm not up on my Star Wars references. But I'll tell ya, this describes the Republicans to a tea. Classic.

• Archie1954 Vancouver, BC
    Feb. 5, 2013 5:55 p.m.

Really is this the best the Republicans can do? Are they that short of experience and talent that some form of nepotism is all that's left for them?

• Mike in Cedar City Cedar City, Utah
    Feb. 5, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Not a chance. Not enough money in for him.

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    Feb. 5, 2013 7:01 p.m.

I voted for Romney. I believe they are a wonderful family and out of touch with reality. I am in my late fifties and living paycheck to paycheck. I wonder if I will ever be out of debt, I anticipate a mortgage into retirement and pray SS will survive to supplement my retirement. I most likely will never drive one Cadillac let alone two. I don't feel the Romney's have a clue awhat it is like be poor or even middle class. I am not posting to gripe or complain. I am concerned that America is rapidly becoming a nation of have and have nots. Obama did not win by promising free stuff. He won because so many Americans never related to the Romneys and their wealth. I am not against wealth or prosperity. I am against the growing inequality in the United States. I am not saying Gov't is the answer. I am not oonvinced Romeny was either.

• RedShirt USS Enterprise, UT
    Feb. 6, 2013 11:07 a.m.

To "NeilT" the ironic thing about your post is the fact that Obama was never really poor either.

In Indonesia his step father was wealthy. In Hawaii he went to a private highschool. He went to 2 different elite universities.

The only difference between Romney and Obama was just the numbers. Romney was worth 22 million, and Obama $2 million.

Government is not the answer. Just look at how the disparity is growing. Now look at the countries that have the greatest disparities, they are the communist nations. If you extrapolate the disparity and the approximation to communism, you can see where we are headed.