#Trending: Cougar nation reacts on social media to Roderick returning to Utah

Comments

• CTJ fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 17, 2013 4:02 p.m.

He's destroying his credibility. The guy has burned a lot of bridges in his short career. Personally I didn't know why Anae wanted him in the first place, because he played for him? Cahoon is a better coach, so why did we let him go? Anae want's guys loyal to him I guess, but Roderick was the last place to get that.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 17, 2013 4:15 p.m.

It all comes back to the "have's" and "have nots"

Utah has a conference(prestigious BCS conference of champion at that)
    byu does not

Utah has BCS money
    byu does not

Utah has coaches that know winning games is #1
    byu does not

Utah true athletes capable of winning BCS games
    byu does not

Utah has the future of football in Utah
    byu does not

Roderick is a heck of a recruiter and I still think he is a great coach.

Glad you decided to stay witht he "have's" A Rod.

Go Utes!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 17, 2013 4:19 p.m.

How often these days do we see people who have been faithful Utes turn to byu?

The reverse happens regularly.

Whittingham - spurned byu to be a Ute
    A Rod - spured byu to stay a Ute
    Chase Hansen spurned byu to be a Ute
    Vainuku die hard byu family, spurned byu to be a Ute

20 years ago BYU had the upper hand. Oh my how times have changed.

The future of football in Utah,

IS UTAH

• Wookie Omaha, NE
    Jan. 17, 2013 5:29 p.m.

What is so ironic is the amount of people from the U downplaying ARod when he switched to the Y and the Y fans saying welcome to the promised land. Now that he has switched back, what say ye my friends in Red and Blue?

Go UTES!!

• Oatmeal Woods Cross, UT
    Jan. 17, 2013 9:35 p.m.

Look guys, the rules to musical chairs clearly state that when the music stops you have to sit down. I guess the problem is that Aaron is always hearing some music?

• I Bleed Blue Las Vegas, NV
    Jan. 17, 2013 9:52 p.m.

Maybe tomorrow he'll be headed to Utah State.

• JoCo Ute Grants Pass, OR
    Jan. 17, 2013 10:40 p.m.

James Lark tweets "I wish I had the chance to play Utah at least once in my career". . . guess that pretty well says it all.

• JoCo Ute Grants Pass, OR
    Jan. 17, 2013 10:46 p.m.

James Lark tweets "makes me wish I had at least 1 chance to play Utah in my career" guess that pretty well sums up Larks career. Couldn't have said it better my self.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Jan. 18, 2013 8:34 a.m.

@wookie

I don't know what anyone else say's but I personally say I'm glad and relieved. This is not a person I wanted on the BYU staff. He belongs at utah so he definately made the right chocie here.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Jan. 18, 2013 4:15 p.m.

Blah blah blah. Utah fans are like: we won on keeping the coach. BYU fans are like; we won because we don't want him. These takes are 180 degrees the other way from the day before when the the fan fronts said the opposite to slam each other. Is anyone else tired of every Ute and Cougar piece being used by WAY to many a sick fan that feels the need to say we are better than you all the stinking time.

• whowhatwhy Shire, 00
    Jan. 18, 2013 5:19 p.m.

Very well put gdog3. New to Dnews comments. Had to laugh at all the lame attacks and then switch backs.

• AFCoug Colorado Springs, CO
    Jan. 20, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Don't really care where rod goes but I would like to see Cahoon back. Letting him go I believe was a huge mistake! Bring BACK BEN!!

• BYU>utah Provo, UT
    Jan. 21, 2013 10:24 p.m.

Chris B,

U forgot to mention utah also had a losing season and BYU didn't. utah stayed home while BYU won a bowl game. utah has the pac-12 network on direct tv, wait, on dish tv. BYU has ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports. Stay classy.