Utah Jazz: Dunk champ or drawing champ? Salt Lake Temple gets Jeremy Evans treatment

Comments

• Troy06 OREM, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 10:17 p.m.

Awesome I want one!! Way cool Evans drew the Temple where I was married.

• Thriller Saint George, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 10:28 p.m.

That's one of the coolest articles I've read in a long time. Good stuff.

• ImaUteFan West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 10:34 p.m.

Oh, my word, that picture is stunning! What a talented young man he is.

• OCoug Ogden, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 11:36 p.m.

That's amazing. I can't believe that he did that in an hour. Evans' artistic ability is impressive. Great story, its nice to read good things about professional sports players and get to know them a little better. Way to go Earl Watson for getting this gift out there.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 29, 2012 1:02 a.m.

I have long found Evans interesting. His attitude comes across as grateful and humble. Rather he plays much or not, Evans seems like a positive influence in the clubhouse. The guy jumps out of the gym, is a talented artist, and maybe we can hear him play guitar next.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 29, 2012 1:07 a.m.

Also, it's good to have the bulldog getting his knee healthy. He is getting up there in basketball years, but he exudes leadership. I think the Jazz have a better three deep PG rotation than just about anyone in the league. Obviously Mo Williams is the starter, and there are a handful of elite PGs ahead of him, but both Watson and Tinsley are excellent back ups, and it's hard to know who to play. I go with Watson. With Mo out right now, you see the veteran leadership of Watson and Tinsley, who have meshed different skill sets, bringing variety on the court, but maintaining chemistry.

• Bill Shakespeare Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 5:02 a.m.

This is truly a beautiful work of art. I think this fine young man has a terrific future ahead of him!

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 6:28 a.m.

Simply incredible! I would pay for a print of that piece of art.

• DodgerDoug Salem, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Absolutely beautiful Jeremy. I love athletes that become a part of the community they play in. Hope to have you around for a long time Jeremy!

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Nov. 29, 2012 10:48 a.m.

I've seen a couple of other pieces that Jeremy has done. He has a real talent. If he really wants to make some money on this he ought to do a portrait of The Jimmer!

• newspapergrl Kaysville, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 12:39 p.m.

I posted this to an LDS Facebook page and immediately asked how to buy a copy. If he does sell them I hope he posts a link here and gets another story about it! Also, we'd love to offer it as a giveaway on our page.
    -Janet

• Meadow Lark Mark IDAHO FALLS, ID
    Nov. 29, 2012 2:58 p.m.

It's neat when people share their talent like this. Thank you Jeremy Evans

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Nov. 29, 2012 3:28 p.m.

Plain and simple Jeremy is just a good kid. No matter how many minutes he plays in basketball he is worth it to have on the team. Most athletes today could take a page out of his book. Keep being who you are Jeremy, you're the best..

• azguy32 Phoenix, AZ
    Feb. 16, 2013 9:15 p.m.

He is not amazing artist. He is just a guy who likes art but that doesn't make him good. I like to shoot baskets but I am not a basketball player. If you think he is then you don't know anything about art.