Baltimore Ravens' Terrell Suggs likens former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta to 'unicorn, minotaur'

Comments

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Nov. 14, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Keep up the good work Dennis.

• CougarBlue Heber City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2012 3:00 p.m.

Great job. And where are the Naysayers who claimed he would never make it in the NFL. I do not see them eating crow at this time, but hiding.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    Nov. 14, 2012 4:32 p.m.

You just can't buy publicity like that!

But apparently you can earn it.

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    Nov. 14, 2012 6:32 p.m.

Pitta had naysayers?

That would be the Utah fans.

Actually, that would be Utah fans enjoying their team's awe-inspiring 4-6 record....

• East Coastie Frederick, MD
    Nov. 14, 2012 7:57 p.m.

As a die-hard Utah (though I like BYU too, just not as much) and Ravens fan, out here in Ravens' territory, I love Pitta! Or as one of my (non-Mormon, but extreme Ravens fan) co-workers says "We love our Mormon club on the Ravens". haha

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 14, 2012 8:52 p.m.

Pitta's a stud.

Always has been.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 14, 2012 9:05 p.m.

Bloody and Blue Cougars, I don't personally know any Utes fans who ever "nay-said" Dennis Pitta, he was a sure-handed pass-catcher and made Max look really good at times (quite the accomplishment!). Tongue-in-cheek, though, the Unicorn moniker is pretty fitting, as he's a one-trick (or horned) pony in the passing game, with little use in the ground game.

• CougFaninWA Bothell, WA
    Nov. 15, 2012 10:21 a.m.

@StGtoSLC

You must not be watching any Ravens games. One trick pony? He's lined up as a Fullback, and I've seen in him many many run blocking packages as a down lineman.

One Trick Pony....hah. Open your eyes.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 15, 2012 6:03 p.m.

CougFaninWA, the Ravens rank 20th in the NFL in rushing. Just because somebody lines up to do something doesn't mean they do it well. He's never been a great blocker. This has been a well-known fact for a few years. Open your eyes. Great receiver, though, I've never disputed that, just chill.

• kaspercasey gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 15, 2012 6:04 p.m.

I'm sure there were a lot of doubters out there given how quickly Harline flamed out in the NFL. As a BYU fan, I'm happy we have at least a player or two doing something in the NFL. Still he's no Chad Lewis, not yet anyways.