Utah

Gun sales expected to rise after Obama's re-election

Comments

• Bored to the point of THIS! Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 2:23 p.m.

Gun sales have skyrocketed throughout Obama's time in office. More guns were sold, thus you could argue more were bought than any other presidential era.

It's the politics of fear that many people love to embrace. Hurry, hurry, get your guns!

• Shimlau SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 2:33 p.m.

the stock market dropped 245 points on news of President Obama's re-election; interesting?!

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2012 2:57 p.m.

He's gonna getchaaa guns boy! Better buy more for him to take! ??

It's so rediculous. It's like a cat chasing a laser, or a dog chasing it's tail. Gun manufacturers and thier pundints like Rush are laughing at you. So is everyone else.

Go ahead, buy more guns. The reason republican families have been so poor the last 4 years is because they spend $5,000 a year minumum on guns and ammunition.

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 3:02 p.m.

@Mountanman

Maybe he can get a job like Oliver North? After all, shredding official documents to cover an arms deal in the tens of millions of dollars is okay if one is a Republican, right? I'm sure none of the TOWs and HAWKs sold to Iran were used to kill innocents.

How quickly we forget.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Nov. 7, 2012 3:57 p.m.

CHS: Oliver North was a war hero who's boots Eric Holder isn't fit to shine! The Iran contra arms deal didn't kill Americans or protect drug dealers! The weapons you mentioned were used to protect innocent lives from a dictator thug! Your version of right and wrong are backwards!

• justme001 Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 7:44 p.m.

LOL the gun stores love all this hype. Hope they charge double.

• SpanishImmersed Mesa, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2012 9:32 p.m.

The pendulum has swung to the liberal side to stay it appears, so it's a shotgun for Christmas at our house!

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Nov. 8, 2012 12:35 a.m.

Gosh, we all must feel more secure since everyone has a gun. Certainly we're safer......

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 8, 2012 7:48 a.m.

@Mountanman

You're right. The Iran Contra scandal was America's finest hour and Oliver North never lied to Congress and never destroyed evidence.

I guess it's okay because they were all Republicans.

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    Nov. 8, 2012 12:20 p.m.

@mountanman

If Iran-Contra was such a great deal for America, why did reagan fall all over himself apologizing for the scandal?

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 8, 2012 12:57 p.m.

Not only did the Reagan administration arm the Contra's through drug money sales, it also armed the Taliban to try to stick it to the Soviets.... and no, of course not.... no Taliban ever had anything to do with any American Deaths.

Good Grief, how we love to revise history.

Oliver was taken before congress and to court to celebrate him as a hero... not as history has it - that he broke the constitution.

You have to love the relativety - if a Republican breaks the constitution, they are a heros to conservatives.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 8, 2012 4:35 p.m.

A gun is an essential part of any 72 hour kit.... much more so after Nov 6th...and even more important if you live in or near a big city. Protect or lose everything.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 9, 2012 9:54 a.m.

Patriot... I have been searching for the reference to "A gun is an essential part of any 72 hour kit" in the handbook.... where exactly is that again? Was it in one of the conference talks, and I missed it?

In NY/NJ.... those without power for several days, a gun would have helped them how?

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 9, 2012 1:28 p.m.

re:UtahBlueDevil

nope - not going to find it spoken from the pulpit but my work place is essentially all LDS - around 1000 - and many are not only talking about it - they are doing it!! Me too!! I have wanted a new .40 cal semi auto for some time now and with the new Obama - UN gun agreements just signed I wouldn't bank on our second amendment being fully intact much longer. You can certainly choose what to put in a 72 hour kit but I have the feeling that a hand gun and a concealed permit is going to be something you would want... more now than ever. Would I shoot someone? Nearly impossible for me to do that unless my family was threatened. I sense some pretty hairy times directly ahead with these 2 America's we now live in...make no mistake there are 2 distinct Americas. One America of producers and the other takers. It is the takers I am worried about...I think they call those Obama Zombies....or The Walking Dead. They even have their own TV show!!!

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 10, 2012 7:22 a.m.

Patriot - thanks for the thoughtful reply - though I don't share the same views about my fellow citizens. I do agree there are those in society that seek to live of the product of others work, though I believe it to be far fewer than you. But I do have guns, but just because I think they are fun. I pray we never see the Somalia like America some invasion because frankly I would not do well... using a gun on my neighbors is a decision I never want to have to make. I surely don't see anything like that in the next 4 years.... a complete breakdown in society. There is no historical precedent.

• durwood kirby South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2012 9:32 a.m.

So a guy wins a second term in office....and thousands run out to buy guns. No surprise that Republicans had a monopoly on uneducated white males.

• xscribe Colorado Springs, CO
    Nov. 10, 2012 11:17 a.m.

There's a whole lot of paranoia on this post today. This argument about not being able to get guns has been going on forever. I'm going to save this post a pull it out in four years to show all you paranoid beings that nothing will have changed!