Utah

Educator, News columnist, KSL 'Greenhouse Show' host Larry Sagers dies at 63

Comments

• Mrs TAP Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 6, 2012 5:06 p.m.

This comes as a shock. Larry and Diane are remarkable people who have given much! Wishing the family every comfort that God can provide them at this difficult time!

• optic yellow Ogden, UT
    Nov. 6, 2012 6:04 p.m.

God Bless you and your family Larry.

I don't know what I'll do Saturday mornings, but heaven's gardens will never look better now you're there.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    Nov. 6, 2012 7:09 p.m.

I only know him from the Saturday morning show, but I loved his style of explaining, which was, as the article says, his dedication as a teacher. He will be much missed.

• CooginIN Southern, IN
    Nov. 6, 2012 11:27 p.m.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones. He will be greatly missed. I enjoyed listening to the garden show every Saturday. Part of the reason that I listened was to see if anyone could ever stump Mr. Sagers, and no one ever did. He was always a gracious and generous teacher. In agreement with optic yellow, heaven's gardens will be even more beautiful now.

• Really??? Kearns, UT
    Nov. 6, 2012 11:35 p.m.

I have fond memories of listening to the Garden Show every Saturday morning with my parents. He was an inspiration and will be missed.

• RCS Orem, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 2:58 a.m.

We appreciated and admired his work helping the gardeners of the State. He was always gracious, likeable, warm, and inspiring. We miss him already. We wish his family comfort at this time. Gratefully, we know that life continues. He was a "gentle giant" of a man. What a legacy!

• CougarBlue Heber City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 5:43 a.m.

He will be missed. I took one of his classes at Thanksgiving point and came away very impressed. I will miss listening to him on Saturdays.

• Mom of Five Orem, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 6:40 a.m.

Larry, you will be missed. I love the comment above about Heaven's gardens. I'm sure they will be beautiful!!

• jpjazz Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 9:24 a.m.

The comment of his ability to answer the same questions mulitiple times as if it were the first time he had heard it, is so true. I recall an off the air phone converstion I had with Larry many years ago regarding a common lawn fungus. His maner was just like his on-air persona, he was helpful, understanding of my ignorance and willing to spend the time to answer all of my dumb questions.

I must say that I will miss his presence much like I would with the loss of a close familiy member. I trust there will be no morning glory the next kingdom, but if there is Mr Sagers will know how to treat it!

My best to ther Sagers family, thank you for sharing him all these years.

• roswell Saint George, UT
    Nov. 7, 2012 1:21 p.m.

Thanks to you Larry, and God bless your wife and family.