3A high school football preview: Hurricane at Juan Diego

Comments

• d0wns0uth Hurricane, UTAH
    Oct. 31, 2012 12:10 p.m.

What a great game this will be for both teams and fans as well. The great part is the class of the fans on both sides throughout the 3 games before. No injuries needed and let the party begin.

• southpride56 Saint George, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 12:22 p.m.

@d0wns0uth

All you ever talk about is how classy hurricane fans and JD fans are
    I have lived down south for many years and Hurrricane fans havent always been so classy

eauther way Hurricane wins this one 28-7

• The Official Bingham Canyon, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 1:22 p.m.

There is class in the JD program, that i have seen first hand. I also have seen how the JD fans felt towards HHS after the 3 losses in the Championship games,and sportmanship was what i had seen.
    This is high school football at its finest in the 3-A ranks, and showing team and school sprit is what its about... on the other hand @southpride56 , your posts make you sound like a bitter person with a chip on your shoulder... and to predict a 28-7 winning margin for HHS also shows that your not familiar with JD football defense or the ability of the offense to produce points... Past preformances ussually dictate the future, most likely this will be a fairly low scoring game. I will predict that JD will come out on top for the fact of defenses win championships... and this is a very good defense. and HHS has given up more points and has more weakness on the D side of the ball.

Best of luck to both...

• Hagatha Ogden, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 1:31 p.m.

All d0wns0uth said was "the class of the fans on both sides throughout the 3 games before."

--They were only talking about the three games before that have been played between Hurricane and Juan Diego. It shows that they respect each others teams and fans and can have a classy, hard fought rivalry.

• 2A Football Over there, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 1:38 p.m.

I was at the game when Juan Diego beat Hurricane on that touchdown pass. Hurricane fans the whole game were annoying and acted like they owned high school football. So glad Juan Diego won that game.

• lonzo Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 3:10 p.m.

@2A Football,

As an HHS alum, I can assure you that the majority of Hurricane fans don't believe they own anything in boys athletics. Well, perhaps, HHS may own some sort of title for most finals appearances in major sports without a title. The girls teams have won their share of titles over the years, but the boys teams have consistently fallen short. HHS suffered for a long time before finally getting the championship monkey off its back in football and basketball last year.

This game with JD should be a good one, but HHS' team this year isn't near as strong as it has been the past few years, especially without their starting QB, so I'm pretty nervous about the outcome.

• scrappy do DRAPER, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 5:09 p.m.

I believe both schools... Everyone, coaches, players, fans respect each other in this particular game and rivalry. Both sides have worked hard to get to this game on Friday. Pray that nobody is injured during this game and it lives up to the hype, which I think it will. Yes I'm a JD fan but if Hurricane wins I will be pulling for them to win it all in 3A

• HHS fan St. George, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 6:11 p.m.

@2A Football

What side were you sitting on? Your going to be annoyed at fans based on what side your sitting on. Your comment doesn't make much sense.

• joseywales Park City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 6:27 p.m.

Dang! I can't go to this game. This is one I would love to witness first hand, as I've seen the others in the title games, I'm hoping for a JD win, but I think a close, hard fought game will be down to the wire yet again.

• mykaljordan draper, ut
    Nov. 1, 2012 7:45 a.m.

To all my friends coming up from Tiger Country to watch the game tomorrow ,please come and enjoy or tailgate with us. JD welcomes you to the JD Eagles Nest. this is going to be a game to remember .as a parent of a JD player, I am hoping for a great outcome, but if it doesn't work out the way I'm planning on it to, I wil lbe cheering on the Mighty Tigers from Hurricane . when it comes down to it, it is all about our student athletes and what they have accomplished this season. our tailgate starts at 2pm. myself and a lot of JD parents would love to meet you, enjoy great food and talk HS Football . we make the best teriyaki burgers in town..good luck to both our JD soaring Eagle and the Mighty Tigers of Hurricane ..

JD FAN TO THE FULLEST .

• Jo Momma CEDAR CITY, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 10:49 a.m.

I make the best teriyaki sheep and eagle burger around. Go region 9.

• FB Fan #2 Grantsville, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 12:02 p.m.

@ Jo Momma

Too bad you don't/can't share them with us like mykaljordan does...

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 12:14 p.m.

Should be the best game of the day, hopefully its on the Live STREAM for Desnews!

Becuase they decided against this game and decide to put Timpview vs Woodscross, such a joke because Timpview wins by 30!

But JD just do your game and Hurricane will do theres and it will be decided by 3 points.

• Oldcoach Hurricane, 00
    Nov. 1, 2012 1:54 p.m.

Having been involved for many years, I think this will be another great game. Hurricane will bring its best, but I think defense wins big games, and JD has a stellar defense. This may be the one time that one team will dominate the other. Best to both teams and may the game be free of injuries. By the way, where is the team by Costco playing this week?

• joseywales Park City, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 5:57 p.m.

JOMomma- Killing Eagles is a Federal Offense!!! Would you like to retract your statement now?

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Nov. 1, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Mykal- Since I don't have a game to go to this week (bummer) I'm coming to the JD game. Can anyone have the worlds best teriyaki burger? Looking forward to an epic game.

• louis65 Hurricane, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 6:58 p.m.

This game is going to be a great one. So much history with these two teams. I have to say that Juan Diego is a program built on class. There fans also show class. I still remember the last championship game. As my brother, who was a player and had his jersey on, and I were walking out of the stadium, and the Juan Diego fans had nothing but compliments and respect for him. Multiple people told him to keep his head high. Of course it is always easier to be classy when you win, but its hard to hold a grudge against JD. Obviously, Hurricane has yet to beat them, but i wouldn't have a losing record against any other team. They are full of class, which as others have stated before, not a lot of schools have.

Good luck to both teams.

GO TIGERS!!!

• mykaljordan draper, ut
    Nov. 1, 2012 7:41 p.m.

@yankees27

We will be on the southeast side, by the tennis court, and where the busses park..ill have you teriyaki burger ready. see u there and drive safe..

• Fan#212 Salt lake, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 10:23 p.m.

It was the collisimo sausage I had there last time that was so awesome. I'd come to another game there just for the sausage.

• mykaljordan draper, ut
    Nov. 1, 2012 11:01 p.m.

Will be having colosimo sausages as well....come on down and enjoy..

• red rocks Saint George, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Mykaljordan

Last year I stopped by and enjoyed the tailgate party when JD played Dixie. The food was great and the JD fans are better than the food. Can we get some of those sausages to go on our way to Stansbury?

• mykaljordan draper, ut
    Nov. 1, 2012 11:46 p.m.

@Redrock,

u sure can buddy, good luck on the game and drive safe..

• tiger06 SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 8:30 a.m.

GAME DAY!!!!!!

• BubbleBoy7 south jordan, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Its weird to see the top teams in 3A meet in the Quarterfinals... definitely too soon.

Either way this is always an AMAZING game. I was at all three State Championship games and both team always bring their best to the table in this game.

Instant classic. I have JD beating Hurricane 14-0. JD Defense is stout at every position. and JD offense isnt too bad either. That being said, dont count Hurricane out.

Should be a great game.

• mykaljordan draper, ut
    Nov. 2, 2012 10:22 a.m.

Lets get this party started..good luck to both teams.see everyone at the tailgate ..

• Dr Rush Saint George, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Should be a great game,@oldcoach, why are you worried about PV? Sounds like a personal problem.

• The Official Bingham Canyon, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Not exactly what I expected the score to be...But JD has a very strong D-fense!!! and the O was on and able to move the ball. JD all the way to another state title...
    JD has build a very good program with a solid coaching staff from top to bottom. Total parent support, School Spirit, A winning attititude and tradition, and Heart of a Champion!!!
    Best of luck for the remaining teams, JD all the way... 2012

• scrappy do DRAPER, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 9:36 p.m.

JD rocked tonight
    Wow

• trfan HURRICANE, UT
    Nov. 2, 2012 10:38 p.m.

Nobody is gonna touch JD this year.