Manti Te'o's decision to play at Notre Dame was a matter of prayer

Comments

• CWEB Orem, UT
    Oct. 18, 2012 9:04 a.m.

Don't understand the not serving a mission thing...but best of luck...If he had come to BYU, most likely he would have served a mission...not to say his work at Notre Dame is not a kind of mission, but it is never the same.

• Pipes Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 18, 2012 9:05 a.m.

He's a stud of a football player and an impressive young man. Hopefully when he punishes BYU's pathetic offense, he will do so with dignity.

• Banker St. George, Utah
    Oct. 18, 2012 3:34 p.m.

CWEB,
    Jimmer going to BYU didn't get him on a mission, so I'm not sure I follow your logic. By the way, playing sports for the "lard's school" does not a missionary make.

• Mike in Cedar City Cedar City, Utah
    Oct. 18, 2012 5:07 p.m.

So, a prayerful decision by and LDS athlete to attend a Catholic school. May the Saints Preserve us! (said with an Irish accent)

• Utah'95 FPO, AE
    Oct. 18, 2012 5:09 p.m.

But, I thought anyone who prayed about where to play football would go to BYU.......

• Guam_Bomb BARRIGADA, GU
    Oct. 18, 2012 6:02 p.m.

Given the way that Heaps what treated at BYU, i'd have to say his decision was inspired. Hope Jabari Walker is paying attention.

• Rafter17 OAKLEY, ID
    Oct. 18, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Neat story. Silly comment about the probability of his serving a mission, had he attended BYU.

• gharmons Helendale, CA
    Oct. 18, 2012 7:53 p.m.

If he prayed about it and chose Notre Dame as a result, that is good enough for me. He has been a great influence at Notre Dame and has honorably represented the Church. I am a BYU fan all the way, but I support Manti in this matter. I don't think BYU will defeat Notre Dame Saturday, but I will be cheering forr the Cougars.

• Allen#2 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Oct. 19, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Thank you gharmons for an excellent comment.

BYU has had many excellent Catholic athletes. I think it is commendable that an excellent LDS athlete is playing for Notre Dame.

• TheNun Granstville, UT
    Oct. 19, 2012 7:56 a.m.

Wait a minute. Jim McMahon chose byu, but didn't end up serving a mission, neither did steve young or the jimmer. So, what makes anyone think Manti Teo would have served, in spite of his name.

• manaen1 Buena Park, CA
    Oct. 19, 2012 11:12 a.m.

Guam Bomb, You have a typo in, "Given the way that Heaps what treated at BYU"
    Should be, "Given the way Heaps treated BYU." I never saw before a QB jump *over* his fumble into the end zone then talk about trying to make a great play -- or stand there and watch an opponent run by him for a pick-6.

• cougar76 Raleigh, NC
    Oct. 19, 2012 12:44 p.m.

Manti Te'o is an outstanding representative for the Church. He is totally committed, to borrow a phrse, to his Church and his God. I think there are thousands of good people who look at the way he chooses to live his life and have nothing but admiration for him. What more could he have accomplished by serving a Mission?