Utah

A new family to fill all the bedrooms — Riverton family adopts five siblings

Comments

• LAL South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 11, 2012 7:58 p.m.

Go team Donner! Best wishes for a happy future discovering your new family together. Congratulations all of you!

• Utah Native Farmington, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 9:33 a.m.

What a wonderful story. Seeing how these parents have a lot of children to clothe, do they need any particular items? I would be williing to send clothes my 14-yr-old son has outgrown which are still in like-new condition.

• Gosh-DUH Burlington, CT
    Oct. 12, 2012 9:46 a.m.

What a great story. The Donners are deserving of any and all blessings that are coming there way. It would be nice to have a follow-up story in 6-12 months or so. Also deserving of gratitude are the foster families that have prepared these 5 children to be ready to be reunited with their siblings, and to be adopted into such a wonderful family.

• JRJ Pocatello, ID
    Oct. 12, 2012 10:06 a.m.

I love the way you are introduced as "Team Donner". Best wishes and God bless you in your transition to that team. You are an inspiration.

• codger Southwest Utah, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 10:16 a.m.

Best story I have read in a long time.

• Fern RL LAYTON, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 10:21 a.m.

This really is a great, inspiring article which makes me want to go and do likewise--or, makes me feel like I would if I could.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 10:22 a.m.

It's great to have a happy story like this to start the morning with a smile as big as those in the photos. Thanks Donners and DN. And may the Donner family be blessed in all they do.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 11:15 a.m.

Awesome. Just Awesome

• luv2organize Gainesville, VA
    Oct. 12, 2012 11:26 a.m.

How about waiting a bit to introduce into school. Enjoy at least a week together. Get to know the area and neighborhood. Give time for the kids to acclimate to culture, home, family members, etc. School can wait... for at least a bit! : )

• DEW Sandy, UT
    Oct. 12, 2012 1:38 p.m.

nice to see those five siblings being together again once for all along with two Donners kids. Have a good time together. Obey your parents.