BYU football: Blue Cougars lead Washington St. 24-6 at halftime

Comments

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Aug. 30, 2012 10:21 p.m.

A certain anti-BYU-Utite predicted that BYU would score just 21 points in this game. They have scored more than that in the 1st half.

Keep marking them down, please. We enjoy it when you are wrong.

• CT98 Saint George, UT
    Aug. 30, 2012 10:56 p.m.

Chris B.

Where are you Christopher? You are so noisy before the games but you go stone silent after BYU destroys your predictions.

Go BYU!

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Aug. 30, 2012 11:32 p.m.

As I recall, Chris B promised to not to comment the rest of the season if BYU won. So hey, CB, it's been nice, but really looking forward to not have you around.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Aug. 30, 2012 11:41 p.m.

Pretty impressive game by BYU. I know Washington State isn't much, but this is the same team that took Utah to OT last year.

• Osgrath Provo, UT
    Aug. 30, 2012 11:47 p.m.

Fun times! The offense looked pretty good, the defense held a Mike Leach offense to negative rushing yardage and no touchdowns, Taysom Hill looked poised and confidence, the tight ends have come home to play, Van Noy is still a beast, and even with the best receiver sitting out the receivers still look good – and who knew about Skyler Ridley? Scout team Sophomore last season, recruited by power houses San Diego (not SDSU), UTEP, Utah, Idaho and Utah State – 5 star recruits are nice, but the anonymous role players have their place, too.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I liked the results.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 31, 2012 12:32 p.m.

metamoracoug,

I promised(and re-promise now) that if byu beats Utah I wont post on a byu article all year.

But that will not happen.

utah 31
    byu 10

I'll be posting all year. Get used to it.

But good win

• dnay Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 31, 2012 10:52 p.m.

Chris B

You really don't know much about football do you? The only way Utah scores 30+ points if Heaps comes back and fumbles a couple of balls in the endzone and throws an interception or two. Since that won't happen I would be surprised if Utah passes 300 yards in total offense. Really it took the Utes midway through the second quarter to score against the worst team in the Big Sky, they had less total yards then BYU did against Washington St. And wasn't that the Washington St team that took Utah to overtime last year? Of course thats your kind of reasoning, each game is unique and just because one team beat the same team by more points doesn't automatically make them better, thats how you think, but not someone who knows the game. I would like to understand your reasoning but you never have any, you always change the subject and throw out another outrageous comment. So wonder what it will be this time!