Utah

Mitt Romney's Utah 'Republicanpalooza': mega-donors descend on Park City for weekend retreat

Comments

• travelrus murray, UT
    June 21, 2012 4:34 p.m.

"million dollor fund raisers" It is all about money,money,money. Who is buying Romney this weekend at Deer Valley?

• Kramer's Corner Penryn, CA
    June 21, 2012 4:42 p.m.

It is good to see the support that Mitt Romney is receiving. It is coming from all sides of the income spectrum. I'm from the middle class range and have contributed twice to Mitt's cause. I'm getting others to do likewise. Talk is important but cash puts words into action. The United States must change its current path towards self destruction, loss of freedom and moral values.

• Abinadis friend Boise, Idaho
    June 21, 2012 4:47 p.m.

I for one send my best to Romney and hope he can beat Obama in November. If he doesn't America will suffer way more than good thinking Americans can imagine. Romney has my vote and most of my friends.

• Serenity Manti, UT
    June 21, 2012 4:58 p.m.

Gee travelrus, Obama is not doing too badly with money, money, money. He went to collect from all the liberal celebrities in Hollywood to glitzy affairs in New York and six fundraisers from June 12 to today. I wonder when he has time to run the country? Oh, excuse me, I meant to go behind our backs and use more of his executive privilege and the enforce the threats of his bullying henchmen.

I hope Romney makes enough money to make Obama and his administration become a sad memory.

• Shuzzie53 HAYWARD, CA
    June 21, 2012 5:08 p.m.

As obscene as it all seems, and is, campaigns can't be run without money.

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    June 21, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Anyone can guess the identity of the GOP big names likely to be there. What about the DONORS? Will their checks be collected at the door, or is this the payoff for being a party Sugar Daddy? And how will DN be covering it?

• one old man Ogden, UT
    June 21, 2012 5:26 p.m.

Presidency for sale! Presidency for sale!

Step right and buy your President!

• grandmagreat Lake Havasu City, AZ
    June 21, 2012 5:48 p.m.

It would appear that money is very important in politics today. perhaps it always has been, I remember back when Herbert Hoover was running, that my parents were apalled at the amount of money he was spending, when my dad was lucky to have a job that paid less than 100.00 a month with a large family to support. In those days with communication so limited, they had to do a lot of praying to know who to vote for.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    June 21, 2012 6:21 p.m.

@travelrus

Who is buying Obama at a $40,000 per plate dinner in Hollywood?

• Mad Hatter Provo, UT
    June 21, 2012 6:27 p.m.

Well, the mega-wealthy are coming to re-assert what they expect from a Romney presidential administration: TAX CUTS. For themselves, not necessarily for the little folk who fund the necessary government programs they have come to depend upon.

Do not touch their tax write-offs, subsidies, loopholes, or any other bit that profits them. For a few mil in campaign donations, they expect millions in payback. Whether any of this gets the economy rolling again is moot because these people, for all intents and purposes, live outside the economy. They exist in that international world of finance and over-whelming wealth that only over-whelming wealth can buy.

Maybe Romney will be the key to re-introduce the Golden Age of the Robber Barons when anyone who stood in their way, anyone who opposed their opulence and greed, were pushed aside like little knats. Wealth buys privledge and privledge is its own reward!

And the Koch brothers are holding their own little bash for their special friends in San Diego. So some my have a twofer in mind in heightening expectations.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    June 22, 2012 7:42 a.m.

Re: one old man Ogden, UT
    "Presidency for sale! Presidency for sale!"

The liberal Democrats would like to see Romney fight with one hand tied behind his back but it just isn't going to happen.

For your fun and pleasure may I quote the following: ""The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting 48% of the vote, while President Obama earns 43%." It's only going to get worse for Obama as we get closer to the November elections.