Blue roundup: Writer examines Jimmer Fredette's rookie season

Comments

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 14, 2012 1:03 p.m.

I adore James Taft Fredette in a myriad of ways. He is an "OK" basketball player, but his game is not NBA material in any way. He is too slow to play PG, too short to play the #2 guard by a long shot. Fredette is a brilliant kid. I think he should have played football at Penn St. He would have been a legit superstar. James will have no NBA team pick him up next year after his rookie contract expires. According to an abundance of SAC Kings' fans, James never made one shot with a hand in his face........the entire NBA season. Fredette plays the worst defense in NBA history. That is not debatable. He CANNOT play D at all. He gets "owned" almost every possession. The NBA is a really fast game. Good luck James!!!!!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    May 14, 2012 1:11 p.m.

We knew he was too unathletic to really be even an average NBA player, but I thought he'd be able to shoot 40% least. LOL!

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 14, 2012 1:28 p.m.

@ Chris B,

Look at the viable point guards in the NBA. They are lightning quick and lethal. Fredette is so inept that he doesn't dare dribble in the lane. He is not a NBA player in any fashion. I watched old Utah superstar Andre' Miller just torch James Taft in two games. It was hard to watch, actually. He(James Taft) is a great kid however. Make money for your future family James. Good luck young man!!!!!!

• couglifer South Jordan, UT
    May 14, 2012 1:44 p.m.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone what is going on here

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    May 14, 2012 6:00 p.m.

It looks like the Kings drafted Jimmer for marketing reasons, not because he was the best fit for their organization. I think he'll be just fine in the right situation, but Sacramento just isn't it.

• factcheck Salt Lake City, UT
    May 15, 2012 2:31 p.m.

Chris B....aka Ute Troll. 36% as a rookie when the entire league shooting % was down due to the lockout. He was still ahead of Kemba and Derrick Williams and several other rookies. Funny, only 1 rookie shot 40% and Jimmer also had a better % than anyone on the Jazz. He will be fine and you will still be a hater.