Utah

Comments

• rogerdpack2 Orem, UT
    May 12, 2012 12:42 a.m.

Awesome.

• MAYHEM MIKE Salt Lake City, UT
    May 12, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Wow! What a beautiful young lady, both physically and spiritually! That smile would warm any young man's heart!

• Julianne North Salt Lake, UT
    May 12, 2012 10:13 a.m.

I am a small person too. I know what she goes through. I was made fun of when I was growing up and people did stare at me. The kids would make fun of me and it is hard to find a good paying job because of my height (4 feet 6 inches tall). Today I tell people that this is the way I am and if they don't like it, tough luck. Heavenly Father made me this way and we can't change it.

• bob j Bli Bli, Queensland
    May 12, 2012 3:40 p.m.

What more can I say than "WOW" and sincere congratulations. You remind me of my first Branch President - Sydney Denton - Blacktown NSW. 1960. He was on the small size and I likened him to a tin of condense milk "Small but full of goodness". Again --- Congratters. Bob Jackson ( Now living at Maryborough, Queensland.)

• So. Cal Reader San Diego, CA
    May 12, 2012 6:14 p.m.

Kelsey is truly an angel through and through. Her family is amazing. It's an honor to call her family friends. Kelsey and her sister are, indeed, aware of who they are and what they want to achieve. Loved the article!

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 12, 2012 6:31 p.m.

I have to say that this story touched my heart. This darling, pretty young lady is a testament to how great this world can be at times. Her sweet smile and energetic attitude made me weep last night.......she is GREAT in every aspect of life. I am thrilled that she found a wonderful man that loves her.......actually, who couldn't love her? However, there are mean-spirited people who had the audacity to tease her. I'm 6'4", built like a marine...............I would just love to met the "clowns" who made fun of her........I would slap them into next year in a NY second.

I really enjoyed looking at all the pics the DNews published depicting her daily life. Her smile is ELECTRIC! However, there is one photograph that bothers me immensely in that collection............her walking on the BYU campus sidewalk with her heavy books, while two men over 6' tall and fit doing NOTHING to assist her. That is a crime. If I was a student at BYU, I would carry her to class every darn day, or made sure I had buddies do it in my absence. You go GIRL! Hugs!

• OLD-GUY Central, Utah
    May 12, 2012 6:39 p.m.

Morasco, my mother was not much taller than you, but for a different reason. She got polio when she was very young. That effected her growth and mobility, but her mind and other great capabilities.

I think she was the world's best cook and even though we have many of her old recepies. She was a great gardner and could make anything grow. She always had beautiful flowers and kept a big house and a bunch of kids in great shape.

She was smart, she really knew her Englis, her geography, her history. She would always listen to the news and kept up on current affairs. She helped others, if a neighbor was sick, she made two casseroles, one for them, the other for us.

She was a great money manager and as part of that knew the best places to shop and when there were bargins. She made time to write her parents ever week & her sisters frequently.

Morasco, She was big in many way. I am 6' and tower over but I have never been ashamed about walking beside my Mmother. I wish we could be together to wish her a Happy Mother's Day !

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 12, 2012 6:44 p.m.

Congrats DNews for publishing this wonderful story about such a spectacular young lady! I vehemently enjoyed it!!!!!!

• tigger AMERICAN FORK, UT
    May 12, 2012 9:41 p.m.

Wow, she is pretty. I doubt if she needs a boy to carry her books for her. But I'll but she can easily get one to any time she wants.

• Sneaky Jimmy Bay Area, CA
    May 15, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Nice going DN. This is the kind of story that is worth reading and sharing. We are what we are but we are also the only ones that can put limits on ourselves. She is a great example.

• Samwise Salt Lake City, UT
    May 15, 2012 2:30 p.m.

I graduated from BYU last year and remember seeing her on campus a few times. I always wondered about her story but never got the opportunity to talk to her. Thanks to DN for publishing this. Congrats to her for being able to graduate soon. It is always nice to read inspirational stories such as this in the midst of all the discouraging news that often often seems to take over the news page.

• JayTee Sandy, UT
    May 15, 2012 8:59 p.m.

Are you sure she's 3' 9"? On the video, I think she says she's 2'9" . . . and that looks closer. She doesn't look anywhere near almost 4' tall. Quite the little soul, and cute as a bug.

• Swartzy Arlington, TX
    May 16, 2012 5:23 p.m.

no matter how tall she is, she STANDS out in many ways. That smile is one to melt any young mans heart and I like her spirit. I am glad to see she doesn't let something like altitude destroy her attitude. From this ole grandpa, You go Girl! and don't stop.

• Afterglow Fanissimo Salt Lake City, Utah
    May 18, 2012 10:53 a.m.

This is simply remarkable.

• coltakashi Richland, WA
    May 18, 2012 4:52 p.m.

Our 10 month old granddaughter was just diagnosed with a specific genetic anomaly this past week, which the geneticist said has only appeared ten times in the medical literature. He told our daughter and son-in-law that it will affect her growth and development in some way, but exactly how is uncertain. What especially caught my eye in this story is the closeup of Miss Morasco's face, which resembles our granddaughter's in certain characteristics which the geneticist said were often associated with that kind of genetic anomaly. Like Miss Morasco, she is bright and happy, already starting to talk, and she charms all of the people she meets. She is loved by three sisters and two brothers. If she has a life as fulfilling as Miss Morasco's we will be very happy grandparents.

• Amy's Mom OREM, UTAH
    May 21, 2012 1:47 a.m.

Great, tender column. Fine family, courageous young woman. Some bad writing.
    "there's going to be problems" should be "there's going to be 'a' problem." or "there are going to be problems."

"he doesn't care that there's going to be problems" should be ditto the above.

I see this in nearly everyone at 'Mormon Times' writing. Am i wrong? don't singulars have to match and plurals have to match?

Editors, please reply.
    thanks
    Again, great, true story.

• texor Round Rock, TX
    May 21, 2012 6:46 a.m.

Look at the positive side of being short: don't have to worry about hitting your head on the ceiling when jumping on the bed like the other girls in the picture! Have more interesting places to hide when playing hide-and-go-seek! Can order off the Child's Menu at restaurants. She should write a book about her advantages that are actually challenges for normal-height people. Kind of the flip-side of other books that describe the challenges that short people have!