VIDEO: How does BYU quarterback Riley Nelson prepare for the upcoming season?

Comments

• SoCalTrueBlue2 San Diego, CA
    May 10, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Thanks for the chuckle. Pretty funny, especially Chad Lewis's catch and stare and Riley's high five to the "official" at the end.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    May 10, 2012 2:37 p.m.

I low budget rip off of an ESPN idea. Painfully not funny.

This is what I expect from bYutv.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    May 10, 2012 2:42 p.m.

Pretty fun. I liked it.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 10, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I bet Jordan Wynn is studying game film/playbook and lifting weights. These types of shenanigans, t-shirts with delusional slogans and visits to water parks instead of practicing during fall camp are just a few of the reasons why BYU isn't a good team on the national stage. That is what is entertaining to me! Keep up the great work Riley!!!

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 10, 2012 3:13 p.m.

I'd just like to know why teams coached by the likes of Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mike Leach, Urban Meyer and KWhit never EVER have players publish ridiculous things like this? I think I know why..........their kids are too busy trying to be good football players.......at least the results say that, unlike what goes on under Roscoe's watch.

• JayDee West Jordan, UT
    May 10, 2012 3:22 p.m.

@ Utah-Hawaii Alum

I guess the commerical spots with players tackling uninterested U fans with the tagline "Don't make us come and get you" escaped your notice.

Seems that was under either Urban or Whittingham's watch. So, care to offer a retraction?

Happy offseason and .... GO COUGARS!

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    May 10, 2012 3:53 p.m.

@Utah-Hawaii Alum
    Thanks for being a great BYU fan and commenting so many times on every BYU article. U may be a Utah Alum, but it's clear you're a BYU Fan.

Sure Utah had a great game against BYU last, running up the score with your first team after BYU put in their second and third team. But when U look at the entire season, only one team ended up with double digit wins and ranked in the Top 25. It's a great time to be a Coug!

I love that we have a media team that is able to put together fun, light hearted, shenanigans like this. It's too bad the team up North doesn't have the technology to pull something like this together.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 10, 2012 4:03 p.m.

The video that I'm really thirsting for is coming out on 9-16-12.............."Dancing with the Star," featuring Riley Nelson and the rest of the mighty Ute defensive line. That should be "AWESOME" aye Cougar fans? Enjoy, as I will! Gooooooo Utes!

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 10, 2012 4:25 p.m.

@CoufaninTX,

"Run up the score?" Are you serious? That is absurd. KWhit sat on the ball at the end of that game. It should have been 61-10 actually. BYU will get creamed again too, and ya know it!! And yes, Utah has far better technology than BYU will ever have. Utah chooses to use it in useful things like medicine and scientific research...........and not on some hub for digitally promoting a school that is struggling terribly. Isn't it unfortunate that no BCS conference is impressed with your state of the art studio enough to give you an invite?

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    May 10, 2012 7:18 p.m.

Five of nine posts are from the "True" BYU fans.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    May 11, 2012 3:07 a.m.

"Isn't it unfortunate that no BCS conference is impressed with your state of the art studio enough to give you an invite?"

BYU is choosing to be independent, not be part of a conference loaded with suspensions and penalties. Get educated. ESPN is giving BYU mega bucks because they have a state-of-the-art facility and BYU helped to get ESPN's name out there and big. Remember how BYU beat #3 Pitt on their first televised football game?

BYU's top of the line broadcasting building was impressive enough to make ESPN executives oooh and awwww over it. It's not just used for sports, but to get the message of the Church and BYU out to the whole world. I'd like to see any other school in the region have anything half as good as what BYU has. I for one love that I can watch BYUtv at any time and watch sports or whatever else I want to stay connected.

Why are people so full of hate they have to bash that? It's a wasted life if you ask me.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    May 11, 2012 6:31 a.m.

UH

If BYU gave you an honorary degree to go with that 'tarnished one' would that make you feel better?

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    May 11, 2012 7:27 a.m.

Nice! I do believe he will be better at shredding defenses, including the one up north, than is portrayed here.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    May 11, 2012 8:53 a.m.

@ Striker,

When BYU beat #3(preseason poll, no greater), PITT finished the season 3-7 bro! A quintessential BYU win.......beat bad teams.

• NORCALUTE MoTown, CA
    May 11, 2012 9:46 a.m.

Does anybody really care about this?

Go Utes! PAC 12!

• couglifer South Jordan, UT
    May 11, 2012 10:07 a.m.

@NORCALUTE

Yes Utah-Hawaii Alum does or he/she would not be all over the place commenting on every article that has BYU in the title 8 for 18 here and I dont have time to count the other BYU articles but I would guess 45 percent on each sounds about right and if you include all other BYU haters it jumps up to around 65 percent

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    May 11, 2012 11:11 a.m.

@Utah Hawaii-Alum "Exposure for BYU and the "Church?"...............I think you folks have already knocked on the front doors of every residence in this nation at least 100+ times. Good luck with any future "exposure" you're posturing yourselves for?"

Comments like these remind me of something that Bruce R. McConkie said: "The Church is a great caravan--organized, prepared, following an appointed course, with its captains of tens and captains of hundreds all in place. What does if matter if a few yapping dogs snap at the heels of the weary travelers? The caravan moves on."

UHA = Yap, yap, yap. Keep it coming, bro. I, for one, enjoy watching you validate Elder McConkie :)

Go Cougars!

• couglifer South Jordan, UT
    May 11, 2012 1:55 p.m.

@ Utah-Hawaii Alum
    So I have offended you my bad. How could I look down on someone who was a full ride scholly Div 1 athlete that competed for Hawaii from 1983-85 on their golf team? I feel just terrible. Is there any way I could make it up to you. I know I could go on articles that are tied to the U and spew out a lot of stuff to make me sound intelligent but what chance do souls of my ilk need have anyway.
    Where do you get your information?
    There is more innovative technology is one classroom at Utah than exists on the entire BYU campus. Sorry but I need to call bull here.
    Honestly, who wants to watch BYU @ SJSU and NMSU the last two weeks of the college football season?
    I will but that is because I am a fan and I will watch them whenever I can just like I watch the Utes play whenever I can.
    Again sorry to offend but me not being a full ride scholly Div 1 athlete I do not know any better.

• PAC12Fan South Jordan, UT
    May 12, 2012 8:26 a.m.

The ads were actually funny. I'm certain RES will use these videos against them as we end our rivalry. All the silly t-shirts,, slogans, this funny video will be on display one last time. As BYU takes on a 30 point beating, all these items will simply be put to rest.

• MLH SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 14, 2012 11:55 a.m.

Way to go BYU, you put ESPN on the map.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    May 14, 2012 6:14 p.m.

And honestly, who wants to watch Utah -vs- Colorado?

Well, actually, since last year, quite a few.

• Northstar Logan, UT
    May 15, 2012 2:27 p.m.

Okay, with all this quibbling between Ute fan/alum and Cougar fan/alum, you need some representation from the Aggies.

I thought it was funny. Especially with the old guy with the sandwich. Glad they shared it. At least part of life should be fun.