Red roundup: Former Ute star Andre Miller still shining in the NBA

Comments

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    May 10, 2012 2:09 p.m.

You gotta love those writers out of LA. Are they complimenting Andre or are they slapping him in the face?

I hope Andre takes it to the Lakers again in Denver. I can't wait for the Lakers to die though....again.

Andre Miller embodies what all NBA players should be.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 10, 2012 4:28 p.m.

Definitely a backhanded compliment, and terribly misinformed dialogue about the U's '97-98 team. Andre has always been great to watch. I hope he has a few more years left in him and would consider returning to Salt Lake City to play them. The young Jazz team could certainly use him.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    May 10, 2012 5:21 p.m.

Andre is a a great player and ambassador for the U. I would love him to be involved in the Utah program in some capacity once he decides to hang up his sneakers.

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    May 10, 2012 6:08 p.m.

I loved watching him at the U, and I have loved watching him play all these years in the NBA. Not only a great ambassador for the U, but a great ambassador for the sport.

• Qwest Perfected Salt Lake City, UT
    May 10, 2012 6:11 p.m.

I've always enjoyed how Andre can take over a game. He doesn't do it by pounding on his chest or trash taking - he just quietly goes about his business. He has been an amazing point guard with very little press or fanfare. I know George Karl recently said he thought Andre was one of the top ten point guards to ever play - I don't think I would put him in that elite group, but I do think he is one of the most under-rated players in the NBA.

I hope he can lead the Nuggets past the Lakers.

I would also love to see him come back to the U once he is done playing. I think he would be a great coach and mentor to young players.

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    May 10, 2012 6:49 p.m.

Don't hate the Lakers to much, As a Die Hard Laker fan we can say we won the NBA championsip a couple of years ago.. Can Jazz Nation say that?

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 10, 2012 8:15 p.m.

Johnson72, I thought this was an article about a player with local ties, not about what an overhyped team that just got owned by him last night did a couple years ago.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    May 10, 2012 10:59 p.m.

Gotta love it when the "prettiest girl in Siberia" sends the mighty Lakers down.

One more, and the Lakers will be fishing.

Get it done Andre.