Jabari Parker to decide Wednesday on going pro or stay at Duke

Comments

• Talon9 Oceanside, CA
    April 14, 2014 8:28 p.m.

If Jabari returns to Duke for a 2nd year why didn't he just go on an LDS Mission? Maybe he wants to be the number 1 pick and maybe he feels if he stays he can become the #1 pick. I don't really think its that hard of a decision. You go pro.

• Christopher B Ogden, UT
    April 14, 2014 8:29 p.m.

I think Jabari made a really good decision to not go on a mission. I truly doubt he will ever regret that decision.

Best of luck at Duke or the NBA next year.

If you go to the NBA, we'll be crossing our fingers the Jazz get you

• inthebooth Salt Lake City, UT
    April 14, 2014 10:16 p.m.

@Christopher B - as an American, I'm tickled that you feel comfortable sharing your opinion. That said, I think he should have served a mission. But who are we, but just a couple of guys wasting time commenting on an article that has nothing to do with us.

• Guam_Bomb BARRIGADA, GU
    April 14, 2014 10:47 p.m.

I would love to see Jabari go to the NBA next year, play for a year or two and then go on a mission. He wouldn't be the first high profile missionary age young man to do so. Will Hopoate and David Archuleta both did it. Hopoate is back to playing Rugby and it will be interesting to see what opportunities pop up for Archuleta.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    April 15, 2014 9:08 a.m.

No doubt! NBA!

• dhsalum Saint George, UT
    April 15, 2014 11:17 a.m.

Jabari has already said that serving a mission is no longer part of the decision, so let's leave out our opinions of wether he should have/shouldn't have because that was his decision, not ours. And as far as serving a mission after playing in the NBA?? I know its possible, but I don't think it would be right to leave for two years after signing a contract to work for a professional organization. I'm not saying he shouldn't have served, but the time to do it is before going pro.