Family

Mick Jagger's girlfriend with Utah, Mormon roots found dead

Comments

• Andy Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 17, 2014 5:10 p.m.

She sounds like a lovely person. Condolences to her loved ones.

• Copacetic Logan, UT
    March 17, 2014 6:18 p.m.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    March 17, 2014 11:29 p.m.

Trying to point out some sort of mormon or utah connection feels crass. It was the rolling stones, not the choir.

• Bob K portland, OR
    March 18, 2014 1:58 a.m.

Copacetic
    Logan, UT
    "Most suicides have the commonality of loneliness. It would seem that the only things missing in this person's life was the sense of security that comes with a solid, dependable marriage, and perhaps a family of her own that usually comes with that good marriage relationship. A loving spouse and family almost always give people more to like for."

-- I do not see that it is "copacetic" for anyone to criticize the choices of the recently dead. Yes, she left the mormon fold, and made her own choices, but one could say that she might have killed herself years ago, or been desperately unhappy, if she stayed in a situation she felt called to leave.

• Ken Sandy, UT
    March 18, 2014 8:46 a.m.

Bob - I don't see where copacetic criticized any decision nor made any reference to her leaving the Mormon church. You made those things up.

• voiceofreason1234 SANDY, TX
    March 18, 2014 8:47 a.m.

I'm roughly the same age as she-- lived and worked in Manhattan - interned with a fashion designer there, even married a non-member who it turns out wanted no children.

I felt compelled to leave that situation feeling empty wanting a family. (Hallelujah!) I was led to leave NYC and found the arms of another - receiving a temple marriage and we now have 7 children.

I know fame and success can be a crutch or a hedge to keep one from following after God's path. It is fascinating the heights she reached and famous boyfriend. Keep me humble, keep me safe from pride. Dirty dishes to do and diapers to change are a blessing!!!! My many children keep me from the world, all my money goes to them, my pride goes out the window as I have one with disabilities. All these things are blessings. They will help me reach heaven safely.

• Objectified Tooele, UT
    March 18, 2014 9:10 a.m.

@ Bob K:

"Copacetic" wasn't criticizing the woman's choices, but merely pointing out what appeared to be missing in her life based on the information given in the article. Obviously something was missing from her life in order for her to feel the need to take it.

Given what is known, it's not a stretch to posture it's possible she did miss having a family of her own. It's usually in midlife that people without immediate families (spouse and children) often feel something missing. I'm not stating that this was this lady's issue, but it certainly was a possibility. Without leaving a note, it's doubtful we'll ever know for certain. But that guess is as valid as anyone else's.

Also, Copacetic didn't say anything about "Mormons" or her "leaving the fold". Nor did the article itself. That jump was yours and yours alone. Not a copacetic move on your part. The article merely stated she was adopted by Mormon parents as a baby, and nothing else.

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    March 18, 2014 11:38 a.m.

I appreciate Objecified's comments. Personally, I like reading about a "Utah" connection or a "Mormon" connection. Nothing to criticize there, just an interesting bit of trivia. She sounded like a nice person.

• Granny Saint George, UT
    March 18, 2014 1:52 p.m.

The article states her designs bared little skin. That, alone, suggests a modesty that may have been ingrained from her "supposed" religious upbringing.

She sounds like a lovely person. What a tragedy. Condolences to her brother, other family and friends in her circle of influence.

• Lilalips Attleboro, MA
    March 19, 2014 7:35 a.m.

I spent the better part of a few hours reading about Ms. Scott. In other accounts, she was in debt to the tune of about 6 million dollars. And apparently, she would not accept any financial help from Mr. Jagger. Therein lies the tragedy. She valued her life only so far as she was successful in a worldly sense. I have no doubt that he would have given almost anything to help her. It's clear that he loved her. Her pride would not allow her to ask for help. So sad. So sad. My thoughts go out to him, who likely did not even know about her debt.