U.S. & World

1,530 same-sex marriages recorded in Maine

Comments

• dan76 san antonio, TX
    Dec. 29, 2013 8:14 a.m.

Best wishes to Stephen and Michael. With their relationship continuing for ten years prior to their marriage, they've already surpassed many of my peer's "traditional" marriages.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    Dec. 29, 2013 9:13 a.m.

So what? I'll bet in every day life, few even know or care. Enough of the obsession with gay stuff. Let it go.

• J. S. Houston, TX
    Dec. 29, 2013 9:49 a.m.

Congratulations to all happily married couples, gay or straight!

• Kalindra Salt Lake City, Utah
    Dec. 29, 2013 10:55 a.m.

@ Esquire: Wouldn't it be nice if people would stop worrying about it? Unfortunately, as long as there are those who think gays should be treated differently than everyone else, it will continue to be an issue.

• dotGone Puyallup, WA
    Dec. 29, 2013 3:30 p.m.

Well, it's new and newsworthy and I am a curious cynic. I wonder if gays will have a better experience with marriage than us 'hetros' have had... I know lots of hetros have had good marriage experiences, but ya gotta admit marriage is a challenge. Will it be easier when your partner is the same gender? Most hetros have found that marriage is a lot different than living together. Lets see what the word is seven years down the road. If I end up saying "I told you so" to my gay associates, I will say it with a smile. Really :)

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Dec. 29, 2013 4:45 p.m.

Gay marriage, or relationships are just another step towards more unimagined practices leading towards a society's destruction. It's nothing new.

Claiming discrimination is a tool used for having it become part of the culture.

It's occurred through out history, and is easy to find with some honest research.

Unfortunately, we do not learn from history, and our country will decay.

• Bob K porland, OR
    Dec. 30, 2013 12:45 a.m.

"As Maine goes, so goes the Nation"

J. S.
    Houston, TX
    "in 2009, the people in Maine voted down SSM by 53-47, three years later, the same voters approved SSM by 53-47. What happened in Maine clearly shows history is moving to the direction of marriage equality."

.... Yes, in 2009, there was a lot of interference by busybody outside groups, and Mainers were appalled to have been duped, so it was easy to get the vote corrected.

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT