U.S. & World

Gunman targets TSA in Los Angeles airport shooting

Comments

• Anti Bush-Obama Chihiuahua, 00
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:03 p.m.

Going to roll out the next level of martial law. I'm so glad I'm living in Mexico where there is no Government. Everything here is peaceful hardly any crime. This just goes to show the liberal assumption that everybody is inherently evil is a false one.

• BaneOfHedgehog Bothell, WA
    Nov. 1, 2013 12:14 p.m.

We're glad you're living in Mexico too... :-) have a good one!

• LDS Liberal Farmington, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 1:24 p.m.

Don't tell me, don't tell me....

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
    and
    Everyone should have a gun.

ans
    I'll bet this guy thought HE was the good guy before opening fire.

• NT SomewhereIn, UT
    Nov. 1, 2013 2:08 p.m.

@LDS Liberal

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
    Everyone should have a gun.

Anything else you don't want to hear/read?

• BYU Track Star Los Angeles, CA
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Fellow Readers, I'm in downtown LA about 15 miles away from the shooting. If you followed the Trolley Square shooting a couple of years ago. I'm sure you had that sick, quessy feeling coming over you when you heard the news play out in real-time too. In this day and age, real-time, you don't know if this an isolated act of anti-government insanity or something bigger. The latest news is the shooter, a 23 year old kid, was looking for TSA employees to harm. How would you respond to somebody with a gun asking you if you were TSA or not?

• Archie1954 Vancouver, BC
    Nov. 1, 2013 5:40 p.m.

Just listen to these guys Baneof and NT. Now you know why the US is a living hell. I now make certain when flying anywhere that I don't fly into or out of an American airport or on an American airline. I also ensure there are no intermediate stops or plane changes within the continental US. In today's world, there simply is no need to fly American in any way, shape or form. Why take the chance? It's simply not worth the risk.

• AT Elk River, MN
    Nov. 1, 2013 6:05 p.m.

OK, I'll be the first to predict this one. It's a disgruntled current or former TSA agent.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Nov. 2, 2013 7:15 a.m.

I lived in Asia for part of my life and enjoyed the cultural differences compared to the US. Virtually no looting or violence occurred in Japan during the last tsunami there. Compare that with the looting and violence in New Orleans during the hurricane there. America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a culture problem. 70% of crimes committed in America are perpetrated by young men with no father in the home. It is very rare to find a home in Asia with no father. Perhaps we are trying to put out the wrong fires, in America?

• Zaruski SLC, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 9:31 a.m.

@Mountanman

Yep. You're right. Guns don't kill people. Neither do grenades, RPG's, bombs, tanks, jets, chemical and nuclear bombs. We should just allow everybody to have those too, as long as we can solve our "culture" problem.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Nov. 2, 2013 12:54 p.m.

@ Zaruski. You forgot swords, knives and base ball bats. More children drown in swimming pools than are killed by guns. Let ban 'em all!