Utah State football: Keeton bombards Air Force, leads Aggies to 52-20 victory

Comments

• Utah_State_Fan Logan, Utah
    Sept. 7, 2013 6:09 p.m.

Nice win for Utah State! That Air Force football team wasn't disciplined at all, their offense looked awful. Don't they teach discipline at the Air Force Academy?

Also, what in the heck is an illegal snap?

• CVgal Smithfield, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 6:17 p.m.

Way to go Aggies!! What a great game! High five to you!

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 7:20 p.m.

Great win Aggies! This USU team will make a serious run at the MWC title.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 7:35 p.m.

Back in business, baby! Go Ags!

• Deamon North Logan, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 10:01 p.m.

The Aggies dominated this game in every way other than a few more dumb penalties that need to be cleared up. Even the dropped passes wouldn't have made any difference. BYU and Utah never did this at Colorado Springs. Chrissy1, Chrissy2, and stung, it will be interesting to see what meaningless drivel you come up with about this one.

• Two For Flinching Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 10:12 p.m.

Nice job Aggies! I'm sure you'll roll over Weber, but I hope you guys take it to USC in a couple weeks.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 7, 2013 11:34 p.m.

Well at least the aggies didn't choke in this one. Hut this W is no suprise. I mean come on guys it's only Air Force. And it's only the WAC 2.0 you are playiing in.

• Th Tooele, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 8:25 a.m.

@Deamon

Hey great win for the Aggies....

Who cares whether Utah or BYU never "did this" at Air Force. Whether you win by 1, 7, 10, or 32, it's still a win. So yes, Utah and BYU have done that multiple times at AFA.

Last I checked, Utah still beat USU this year so why the argument? Looking at BYU now, they could provide a challenge for Utah and USU.

Good luck at USC in a couple weeks.

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 9:18 a.m.

Nice win for the Ags.

Keep it going Ags, I hope you win out. It just makes the Ute's victory look that much better.

• SLCWatch Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 10:01 a.m.

I seldom cross lines to make comments on other schools but in light of the other games in the State yesterday I wanted to be sure and tell the Utah State Aggie fans and their team congratulations on a very good win against a dangerous opponent.
    Your offense was remarkable but more importantly you kept Air Force's option under control and that's not easy if you don't do it on a regular basis.
    Air Force is a very disciplined and well coached team. Usually they are very tough in the first of the year as they have all their tools available to play with. Later in the year their lack of depth begins to show up. So great game. Enjoy your successes.
    Thought you did great against Utah too.
    Congratulations on your inagural game in the MWC.

• Say What? Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 10:16 a.m.

That's got to hurt, if the Air Force could afford it they would probably be tempted to drop a bomb on Utah State.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 12:27 p.m.

What a great game. Keeton dropping bombs on Air Force left and right made my day.

And Stan's (ab)use of the shifting ground logical fallacy makes me laugh. One minute he insists Air Force should win easily; then when the Ags pound them, he says they're "only" Air Force. Only Stan.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 2:28 p.m.

@Sambone

I didn't say Air Force would pound you. I said it's possible for Air Force to win after the choke job in week 1. But knowing it's Air Force they probably couldn't stay in the game. Stop putting words in my mouth. Again it's only a WAC 2.0 win.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Hahahaha! Stang! :) Can't make up your mind, eh buddy? Either we're terrible and we choke or this win was no surprise because we play in a weak conference. But it doesn't matter. You'll be here for the rest of your life trying to rain on our parade and trot out our mistakes as a team. I guess it's nice to have groupies. ;)

A win for the Aggies! What's more: On the road, conference opponent, traditionally tough but somewhat down this year, triple option/run yardage stopped, and an offense that put on a clinic.

Still wondering if our secondary will learn how to stick to receivers. If AFA's wide outs had caught a few of those passes, it may have been tied going into the half. Either way, though, I'll take it!

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Sept. 8, 2013 4:12 p.m.

Stang0...it may only be a "WAC 2.0" win but that is a better win than SUU thumping of a high school team. That's not even a big sky win. What Stang0 can't appreciate is the beauty of competition among equals. USU is never going to be on the level of Pac 12, SCC, etc, BUT they are now in a competitive conference where it is exciting to anticipate possible wins each outing, and if successful can look forward to post season bowl games. GO AGGIES

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Sept. 9, 2013 7:03 a.m.

There seem to be lots of empty seats in the stadium. Wonder why?

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 9, 2013 7:51 a.m.

USU has a very good team this year. I could see them going 9-3 quite easily. Chuckie Keaton is the Man! I hope they win every game from here on out. They lost to the only team that I wanted them to lose to. Good luck to the Aggies!

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 9:48 a.m.

@Wayne Rout

From what my Aggie friends tell me, the side of the stadium with the most butts in the stands was underneath the camera angle. But yes, around the rest of the stadium - barring the section of Aggies near the one endzone and all the cadets near the other - it looked really empty.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 11:14 a.m.

Strange "With the way they choked a week ago this should be a W for Air Force. The aggies aren't any good this year"

How did the crow taste Saturday afternoon?

• Horrible Stumper Hyrum, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 11:54 a.m.

Great win for the Ags. Looks like we are where we belong....finally. Does anyone really put any credence to what Stang08 writes, seems like the same negative blah, blah, blah every week. Way to go Ags...wish we had another shot at the Utes.

• BYUSU Wellsville, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 2:00 p.m.

Great win and in a great way. Hay Stang08, maybe Chuckie and the Aggies are a lot better than you give them credit for. WAC 2.0 ya right.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 9:39 p.m.

I'll take a 2-0 start any day over a 1-1 start. Yeah you guys may be right the aggies are great. I mean wow what a win against a low rank WAC 2.0 school. Even though USU is 1-1 to start the season we should just give them a National Title. They choked in week 1 and beat a low ranked less than sub par team in week 2 but let's just give them the biggest title in college football. They deserve it.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 12:41 p.m.

@tinplater

I think you mean SEC not SCC. Simple mistake that an aggie should've caught. As for the rest of you, I'll take a 2-0 start against some college not high school team over a 1-1 start any day. You couldn't even beat Utah.

@Stanglette

Thanks for that. I love when people try and immatate me. I know what it means. You respect me and know I'm right. It's just Air Force and the WAC 2.0, I'm not going anywhere.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 5:43 p.m.

Scratch that, we've never played Washington State before. However, they aren't as scary as some other PAC12 schools like USC. We did put up 30 points against CAL a year ago which isn't out of the relm of possibility Saturday. You may be right but hey at least the season started out better than USU's season. Not able to beat Utah once again. That was a sad day. For the aggie loyal of course.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 6:17 p.m.

That is misleading. The T-birds put up 30 on a DREADFUL Cal team, the worst in years as a matter of fact. They fired their coach at the end of the season and hired LA Tech's coach to try and revive the program. Jury is still out on whether they will improve.

Washington State on the other hand is noticeably improved over last season. They beat USC this past weekend, too. So with all due respect, NO... your birds won't score 30 on Wazzou. That is a pipe dream.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 1:36 p.m.

Just keep trying to make yourself feel better Sambone. I'll see you at the next SUU home game buddy. Are you kidding? CAL is a PAC12 team (which means they are better than USU). And we put up 30 points. By all accounts we shouldn't have done that. I said it's not out of the relm of possibility. I didn't say we would do it. I'll bet $100 that after the game you will talk about how bad Washington State is and how they will never live up to the standards of your aggies. Good luck against USC coming up soon. Another PAC12 game lost by the aggies. Will you make up your mind who is good and who is bad. Other than USU rules the world and SUU is not even gum on your shoes.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 6:32 p.m.

We have plenty of playmakers this season. A QB who is more versitile then Brad (Coach Lamb has said so himself), Some great WR's and a great D. The only question is the running game. Oh I'm sure I would win. You know my problem with the aggies so it's not worth explaining again and again and again and again. USC would be better than USU no matter the conference. The jury is still out on WSU. We may not win but you will be 0-2 in the PAC12 garrenteed.