Opinion

George F. Will: An early peek at some possible 2016 candidates

Comments

• Roland Kayser Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 12:51 a.m.

My prediction: Hillary Clinton vs Rafael (Ted) Cruz. The outcome: Clinton in an FDR/Eisenhower/LBJ/Nixon/Reagan type landslide.

• one vote Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 8:14 a.m.

The results eight years of President Bush guaranteed a Democrat.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 8:22 a.m.

Start with St. Ronnie, and end with Thatcher. Ahh, the good old days, eh? Now, amidst the offerings of Bachmanns and Rick Perrys, Hillary Clinton looks pretty good as a contender.

• SEY Sandy, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 11:00 a.m.

Whoever is nominated, it will be yet another multi-million dollar contest between Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-dum.

• Irony Guy Bountiful, Utah
    Sept. 8, 2013 12:09 p.m.

How about the record of Ronald Reagan? "Bedtime for Bonzo," "Million Dollar Baby,"
    "Tugboat Annie Sails Again," "Cattle Queen of Montana," "Juke Girl," --and, yeah, governor of California. Like Ahnold.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 8, 2013 2:06 p.m.

Hmm?

* I was under fire in Bosnia
    * I was named after a mountain climber named Hillary who was born after I was.
    * My husband did not have relationships/affairs with other women. It's a right wing conspiracy.
    * What difference does it make that Americans died?

Why have Bushes, and Clintons monopolize the presidency? Must we always have liberals?

• Jazzsmack Holladay, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 5:21 p.m.

@Irony Guy

I would far rather have Reagan a man of the people, than a professional politician.

After all is not still government by an for the people?

• SEY Sandy, UT
    Sept. 8, 2013 7:08 p.m.

Worf: just a factual correction about Sir Edmund Hillary. He was older than Mrs Clinton, but gained fame after she was born. She could only have been named after the first man to make it to the top by a prophet.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 8, 2013 9:06 p.m.

@SEY---Opps! Thanks for the info.

• Badgerbadger Murray, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 10:41 a.m.

Will the democrats pick Hillary? I don't know for sure, but the press already has, and is actively campaigning for her. Disgusting!

Personally, I think she is the worst feminist candidate because she failed to stand up for womanhood and wives when her husband was lording over and requiring sexual favors from young females in his charge. A lot of women like her, but I just don't get it. I think she is an insult to women.

Scoundrel, yes she has a list of titles, some of which she earned, and some she got by virtue of her frisky (I would prefer a stronger word, but it would get my comment rejected) husband, but I am more interested in what she accomplished, not where she sat.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington, DC
    Sept. 10, 2013 11:45 a.m.

I weep for the country if Hillary and Christie are our choices. The only thing that is different between them is the name of their political party which are both Bilderberg controlled from the bottom up.