Battle of the Brothers live blog — USU takes on Utah at Rice-Eccles Stadium

Too easy.

I can't wait til we start Pac 12 play so we have a real challenge

Go Utes!

• ChristoperB Salt Lake, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 6:22 p.m.

What's going on aggies?

Sure looks like a Pac 12 against a WAC team here, just like I called!

I told you we would win.

Waiting for you all to tell me I was right...

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 7:45 p.m.

Chris B marked it down. The Aggies will only score 17. Wait, they scored that in the first half. I guess he thought the Aggies would go home at half time?

Go Big Blue!!!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 7:49 p.m.

17-14 at the half and the Ute fans have their heads in their hands.

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 7:58 p.m.

Utes and their fans thought all they had to do was show up due to being in the PAC 11+u. Aggies are showing u where u belong.....on the bottom of your conference.

• DeepBlue Anaheim, CA
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:01 p.m.

"Sure looks like a Pac 12 against a WAC team here, just like I called!"

Unfortunately for U, it's Utah State that looks like a 2013 PAC 12 team; Utah playing the role of a 1960's WAC team, wilting under the pressure of a better team after being gifted a couple of early touchdowns.

Utah's bowl hopes already slipping away in the first 30 minutes of the season.

Go Aggies!

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:02 p.m.

17-14 equals final score of 34-28 - right chrissy??? That would be a respectable score to lose by, however. Just think of it as glass half full.

As soon as game over and utah is 0-1, I want to hear your analysis of the game, and rest of season predictions, chris b.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:02 p.m.

WAC (MWC) vs PAC 12?

Got to admit. The utes are putting up a better fight than I thought they would.

• Swoop Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:08 p.m.

Wow, I expected a lot more from the PAC 12 Ute's; completely dominated by the MWC Aggies in the 1st half:

USU 202 passing, 99 rushing, 301 total
    Utah 131 passing, 51 rushing, 182 total

If not for the yellow hankie parade, the Utes would be scoreless.

Go Aggies!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:10 p.m.

Utes don't have the talent to compete with a WAC team.

Observe!

• 17-14 Hurts Don't It? Springville, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:10 p.m.

Who would have thought that my screen name would have worked for half-time????

It's a double bonus. Awesome!

LOL

Aggies ripping the Utes to pieces on first half yardage. Imagine it will be much of the same in the second half.

Go Aggies!

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:19 p.m.

23-14. Can you say beat down??

Pretty tough competing with - let's face it - a WAC team.

• Mountainman56 Alpine, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:24 p.m.

This is getting fun!

• kitsutsuki South Jordan, Utah
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:24 p.m.

The best part of this whole thing is, particularly if USU can hold on, that one very "vocal" PAC11 + u fan will surely come down with a severe case of laryngitis! It will be great to have him slither away into the shadows, just like he does every year when the Utes lose.

Keep it up Aggies!

• CT98 Saint George, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 8:35 p.m.

The Mighty Mountain West is beating the pac 12. I thought the utes were going to crush the Aggies? I guess the Utes aren't what we thought. Go Utah State!

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Utah State was a top 25 team last year and has a very capable quarterback. Anyone who thought Utah State wouldn't be a tough opponent for Utah was delusional.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Utes win!

I was right.

Aggies were wrong

Go UTES

• kitsutsuki South Jordan, Utah
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:30 p.m.

Good game USU. Doesn't bode well for Utah however. As good as USU is (and I give them all the credit in the world), I suspect USC, UCLA, Oregon and others are going to be another level of competition.

• Mortoon Idaho Falls, ID
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:33 p.m.

Absolutely horrible officiating. Are these clowns from the conference of chumps!

• rapaz11 Sitka, AK
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:38 p.m.

Where did all the Utah haters go?

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:39 p.m.

Revenge.

• nosaerfoecioveht NSL, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:41 p.m.

Awesome victory for our guys! Hand it to USU giving us all we could handle but it's nice to see some of the cocky ute haters on these boards have just been force-fed some humble pie.

• nosaerfoecioveht NSL, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:42 p.m.

Defense may have taken a step back from last year, but the offense took two steps forward.

Great win!

Go UTES!!

• ekute Layton, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:44 p.m.

The Aggies are the class of the MWC.

Complete game for the Utes...Keep it going!

worf, tom, Sammy, swoop and the rest of you byu trolls...enjoy your crow...Again. lol.

Go Virginia Cavaliers...Go, Go, Go!

Go Utes.

• MyPerspective Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:45 p.m.

My, oh my...what a great game!!!!

Folks, the AGGIES are for real. If the Pac-12 expands again I want the Aggies with us. What a great game!!

Stadium was electric and the MUSS stood tall!! Well done players, coaches, and MUSS!!

• Hey Baby Franklin, IN
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:50 p.m.

Oh ye of little faith...

Never post during the game...it just doesn't make sense...getting all messy and then having to waller in it...

The Aggies look good! They ended last year at #19 in Sagarin's ratings...we were fortunate to beat them.

Can't wait to see how the BoB's do against #86 VA...

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:51 p.m.

Mortoon, well, they were from the Big XII, but I agree; that scramble that led to a USU TD was obviously a hold against Jacoby Hale that wasn't called, but other than that they got it right. Ultimately "ball don't lie." Utes win.

Wait... that wasn't the validation you wanted, is it?

• Koloss Hampton, VA
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:54 p.m.

Awesome emotional win for Utah. Whittingham reminded me of the old Whittingham tonight.
    Good job to the Aggies though. They're a great team who are gonna win a lot of games this year. I'll cheer for them for the rest of the season.

• truthsandwich RANDOLPH, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 9:55 p.m.

Ute-haters, where'd you go!?

Thanks for watching the game tonight!

LOL

Good luck to Utah State the rest of the season

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 29, 2013 10:17 p.m.

Good game, Ags. As I had hoped, I'm glad you didn't finish with any serious apparent injuries. Unfortunately, for my Utes, we lost possibly our best WR in K. Scott, and it doesn't look good for him, and not sure what happened to Kelvin York (although Karl Williams played great in his absence), but hopefully they both can come back in full health soon.

If the current game is any indication, we may both have a field day against the Trojans in the Coliseum. Good luck to USU this year, go beat the other in-state team, as we should, too!

Go Utes!

Aug. 29, 2013 10:45 p.m.

@worf

You were saying?

@Mortoon

Sour grapes.

@CT98

Well, it seems you were simply wrong. Tough luck, chap!

@Mountainman56

It WAS fun, wasn't it?

@Tom in CA

I can say "beatdown." I can type it, too. 4 points wasn't a beatdown, though.

• BluedevilUte PAYSON, UT
    Aug. 30, 2013 1:35 a.m.

UTAH WINS!!! UTAH Covers$$$ Love the smack talk, bet it hurts to be WRONG (You know who you are blue, worf,sammy, eddie, kit etc.). Chris... relax... were Utah...we always win instate. Little brother is growing up though. Good game AGG's. Go Utes!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Aug. 30, 2013 1:36 a.m.

Only one aggie found here. It's gonna be a long season for the aggies.

• U 90 Corona, CA
    Aug. 30, 2013 2:46 p.m.

rapaz11,

The hater's mouths write checks their "team" can't cash. Then they scurry like mice to the dark corners of the room. You think they're hard to find now, if BYU loses Saturday we won't see them for several weeks.