MWC title game to be broadcasted in prime time on CBS

Comments

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Aug. 19, 2013 11:16 a.m.

This is great news for the MWC.

Very happy my Aggies found a home there, a lot of exciting things happening.

Looking forward to the upcoming season.... 10 days away!

Go Aggies!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 11:21 a.m.

If nothing else is on I might watch it, but its likely to have little/no impact on the national stage, unlike the conference championships from the major conferences.

Frankly I'm a little embarrassed I used to get excited about MWC games and fighting for a MWC championship. We all tried to convince ourselves we were as good as the big boys in the big boy conferences, knowing the whole time that was not the truth. We secretly were jealous of the big conferences and we desperately wanted to be one of them.

Now we are. And I love it! We've all said from day 1 it would take time to get Pac 12 recruits and not MWC quality recruits.

Aggies, enjoy your WAC 2.0/MWC season. And good luck convincing yourself you aren't jealous of the big boys!

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Aug. 19, 2013 11:36 a.m.

good luck to the pac10.2 utes

enjoy the post season from your comfy football facility couches!

while you are there, remember your glory MWC days, that was the only time you were good, and could compete with the big boys.

but hey... 5 pac10.2 teams are in the top 25, so that makes the utes good, doesn't it?

LOL

• Aggie238 Logan, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 12:36 p.m.

It's always a good sign when people troll on U-State football articles. Thanks for the compliment, Chris B.

On another note, who thought that 8 PM on Dec. 7 was a good idea for a MWC championship game? Considering that there's about a 70% or greater chance that the game will be in Boise or Logan...

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 12:59 p.m.

It looks like USU knows what channel to turn to when they watch the WAC 2.0 title game from the comforts of their own home.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 1:01 p.m.

Chris B. does not represent Utah fans. As a true Utah fan I am very happy to learn about this TV deal with CBS and the exposure it will bring to Utah State and the MWC. I hope the Aggies do real well in the MWC.

• Funny/witty screen name Orem, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 1:03 p.m.

I think that utah state is going to have a amazing year. Tons of starters and as of right now the best quarterback in the state. Good luck in the MWC and destroy little bro, wanna be PAC team up north.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Aug. 19, 2013 1:05 p.m.

oh stanglette... you love the aggies, so you will be watching as well

• FatMan86 West Jordan, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 1:46 p.m.

Chris B,

When Utah was in that "horrible" Mtn West, they regularly beat teams from the PAC 10, and other "big name" schools. The biggest reason they won is that they were not afraid of supposed "big time" competition. They let their play on the field do the talking.

Now that the Utes are in the PAC, you have this fixation with yapping about how prestigious and better they are because of the conference membership. But the truth is they aren't any better than the top teams in the Mtn West. Not at all. Boise St is better top to bottom. I'm not even sure the Utes are better than USU? Boise St would hand it to them head to head right now (just like they will to BYU in Oct). Your coaches and AD know this, and that is why they backed out of that series.

You don't get prestige from membership, you get it from winning. The Utes always used to do that when they were Mtn West. The bottom of the PAC isn't any better than the top of the MWC. It's no different than it was 5 years ago.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 19, 2013 11:03 p.m.

Hey Chris, I wouldn't rag on those MWC recruits too hard. After all, they were your bread and butter for years.

Have fun being a doormat in the PAC 10.2 while we're competitive in the WAC 2.0.

Regardless of conference: Competitive > Doormat

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Aug. 20, 2013 1:47 p.m.

Not unless you lose to Utah and BYU which is certain. I can assure you that I am as far from an aggie fan as you can get.

Sambone

You are going to be a doormat so stop talking. But at least you called your conference by it's proper name.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 20, 2013 3:20 p.m.

Make me, Stango, make me.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Aug. 20, 2013 3:43 p.m.

Hahaha, I love Stang's comments. I've never met someone so obsessed with the Aggies, more obsessed with me, and that's saying something.

USU has a shot to be in this game. If we win early, even though it's OOC, we'll establish a mentality and expectation for winning that could be the difference maker for the all important Boise State game on October 12th.

GO AGGIES!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Aug. 20, 2013 5:25 p.m.

@Sambone

I know you won't stop talking. I was just hoping you would consider it.

@Mars

You are wrong. And who are you? You have no shot with most teams on your schedule. Again who are you?

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Aug. 21, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Stang, I read the comment section all the time, but I rarely post. You're in virtually every Aggie football article. You constantly remind us that we're in the WAC 2.0, that we have no shot, that we're a terrible football program, and that the folks of Cache Valley and/or Utah State's Logan Campus treated you very poorly.

You're a very entertaining part of the comments section.

I daresay you comment more on USU Football than most USU fans do. I mean, it's cool, man, whatever you floats your boat, am I right?

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:13 a.m.

Oh Stang. :)

Thanks for the laughs, good sir!

• Southpaw Southern, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 5:30 p.m.

@Mars

I can't see how Stang is making you laugh. He just asked a simple question. I would kinda like to know why you are targeting Stang08. Do you know him?

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 5:58 p.m.

He makes me laugh because he tirelessly criticizes the Aggies, and sometimes he even criticizes points people didn't even make. He even criticized me, personally, saying "You are nothing, just like your team."

His criticisms are also demonstrably false. Of course we have a shot with most all teams on our schedule. USC and Boise State are probably untouchable, but the rest? Of course we have a shot with them.

I don't know Stang. And how do I answer question like "Who are you?" What information beyond "I'm an Aggie fan!" would anyone care to volunteer on a newspaper?

I also think Southpaw is the same guy as Stang. After all, they're both from "Southern, UT", they both commented about the same time of day the last 3 days, they both press the same points, and they both have the same grammatical style.

It's just all very amusing to me. :)

• The A Game Logan, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 7:48 p.m.

Mars,

You just stole my thunder. I was just about to say the same thing about Southpaw. Maybe next time....let's see what Stanley can come up with next. I think defeating the Aggies should be next. Maybe underwater basket weaving could be the key.

• Southpaw Southern, UT
    Aug. 25, 2013 1:19 p.m.

@Mars and The A Game

We aren't the same person. As you can see Stang08 hates everything about USU. I love everything about all schools. The only thing I hate to see is fan's going at each other like animals because one fan may live 20 miles in the wrong direction. I just don't get how anyone can treat someone like that.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Aug. 25, 2013 3:38 p.m.

"Fan's going at each other like animals"

Oh Stang, I mean Southpaw, you do make me laugh good sir! :)

• The A Game Logan, UT
    Aug. 25, 2013 3:39 p.m.

Yeah, and I'm sure it's just a coincidence that you both misspell the word "fans." No, there should not be an apostrophe. Back to the point, I think it's great this game will be on prime time. Hopefully the Aggies will take down BSU and get the chance to play for the title.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 25, 2013 4:40 p.m.

The apostrophe in "fans" really is a dead giveaway for Southpaw/Stango LOL.