Opinion

Letter: If we're moving the prison, let's move it once and forever

Comments

• one old man Ogden, UT
    March 17, 2013 11:04 a.m.

Yes, and let's make sure it doesn't provide profits for a few developers and other fat cats at taxpayer expense.

• The Real Maverick Orem, UT
    March 17, 2013 1:59 p.m.

I have no problem moving the prison... Just as long as those land developers and their bought off politicians pay for it. NOT taxpayers.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    March 17, 2013 3:25 p.m.

Dwayne, will you please fill me on exactly what "special interests" I have hidden? I'm sure not aware of any other than my disgust with special interests.

Note, please, that I DID NOT object to moving the prison. It may be a very good thing. But let's not stick taxpayers with the bill while allowing a few developers, financiers, and other special interests to profit at our expense.

May I submit that the "special interests" are not mine, but theirs? Let's bring all aspects of this out into the open and then proceed with whatever will be best.

• Confused Sandy, UT
    March 18, 2013 10:40 a.m.

dwayne,
    one question: Why should I or anyone else care if the families of the people convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison be inconveinanced because they have to travel further to see them?

Really, isn't the blame solely on the inmate for making a foolish decsion?

• Open Minded Mormon Everett, 00
    March 18, 2013 11:48 a.m.

If the devolpers what that land, let THEM build a the new prison first -

THEN

They can buy and develop the property.

Tax payers should not be stuck subsidizing land developers fat-cat wallets.

• Counter Intelligence Salt Lake City, UT
    March 19, 2013 3:36 p.m.

Sugar House park was the site of the original prison - I am glad it moved from there and was replaced with a great public amenity
    If there were a new park in Draper I would support the move - but merely replacing it with a new downtown 15 miles south is NOT good planning