Who will win the Super Bowl? That ref upstairs may know

Comments

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Jan. 29, 2013 12:26 p.m.

Ravens by 3... I hope!!! Go Pitta!!! Go Kruger !!!

• Eliyahu Pleasant Grove, UT
    Jan. 29, 2013 12:29 p.m.

As with all sporting events, I find it difficult to believe that God really cares who wins and who loses. It's a game, folks. Playing with a ball... an adult extension of what little kids do. The fact that we've made a major industry out of it doesn't mean that it's of real concern to the Lord any more than he is concerned about whether I ever get my golf handicap down below 26.

• Brahmabull sandy, ut
    Jan. 29, 2013 12:56 p.m.

Yeah because I am sure god cares who wins a game while people starve in other countries... I don't think so.

• blazefan01 west jordan, UT
    Jan. 29, 2013 2:29 p.m.

I think he means the Comissioner. Lol

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Jan. 29, 2013 5:46 p.m.

And that's the problem with many americans. They actually believe god is picking football games. Seriously, if the almighty is picking, or even determining, the outcome, wouldn't it be great if he'd fess up on it? I'd love to make a few bucks in vegas on this game.

• higv Dietrich, ID
    Jan. 30, 2013 7:54 a.m.

I was asked to give prayer super bowl sunday when my favoriteteam was playing and tempted to pray for Raider victory in Sacrament meeting. Didn't though. Heard of people particularly aaronic priesthood kids doing it. But does God care and does he bless a team playing on his day?

• Brahmabull sandy, ut
    Jan. 30, 2013 8:00 a.m.

HIGV - First of all sunday isn't his day, it is your day. Other religions have the sabbath on saturday, and so that is left to interpretation. Second, if you are praying for your team to win then that is pretty childish. I doubt god has any influence on games played in this life. People are dying, kids are being abused, people are starving. He doesn't care about your team or anybody's.