U.S. & World

White House: President Obama and Mitt Romney to meet Thursday

Comments

• SLC gal Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 8:34 a.m.

I would feel a lot better about the whole outcome if Obama just sticks Romney SOMEWHERE in his cabinet.

• Cowboy Joe Encampment, WY
    Nov. 28, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Re slc gal. If Mitt Romney served in the Obama Administration he would be called a traitor and a RINO just like many people on these posts called Jon Huntsman

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    Nov. 28, 2012 8:58 a.m.

No one expects them to hug like old pals who are glad to see each other. That's precisely why it's a good gesture on the part of both men.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Nov. 28, 2012 9:06 a.m.

Let the Romney bashing continue..3..2..1..

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 11:00 a.m.

Bashing Romney cracks me up. The man has a 40-year, successful marriage, 5 stable, productive sons, grew Staples, Brookstone, Duane-Read and Schwinn into mega-companies, saved the SL Olympics and is loved by neighbors and friends in the thousands for his church work in suburban Boston.

Get a life people. Your small, petty arguments against Romney pale in comparison to the lives your living compared to his. Grow up and admit he's an amazing man, father and business leader.

And I hope you update your fading Obama posters in your bedrooms inbetween job interviews for new imployment.

• Clarissa Layton, UT
    Nov. 28, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Well, if I thought Obama would actully listen to Romney's common sense, I'd be thrilled, but as we are mainly a nation that 'wants free stuff, it's probably a waste of time. I admire Romney for even seeing the President. Even if Obama gets his taxes on the rich, it will not make any real difference in the end. We will go off the cliff eventually. Bummer.

• JoeBlow Far East USA, SC
    Nov. 28, 2012 11:32 a.m.

"Let the Romney bashing continue..3..2..1.."

"Bashing Romney cracks me up"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one has bashed Romney at all.

_______________

"Well, if I thought Obama would actually listen to Romney's common sense, I'd be thrilled"

And if I thought that the GOP would actually allow Romney to govern based on his experience and common sense, I just might have voted for him. But alas, the GOP ideology is set in stone and is NOT TO BE tampered with.

Lower taxes (regardless of where the rates are)
    Get rid of any and all regulation on business
    Find a reason to deploy our military

No deviation allowed. Just sign what we put in front of you.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    Nov. 28, 2012 12:11 p.m.

They say that in politics the way to get along is to go along. Newly elected Republican members of Congress quickly learn how their party is testing that to the limits these days.