Catching hope: High school softball player uses gratitude to deal with paralysis

Comments

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 22, 2012 8:22 a.m.

What a strong girl! It sounds as if she really can handle it. I just cannot imagine what she is going through. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I think I have a new hero.

• mytymouse09 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 22, 2012 8:51 a.m.

What an amazing story. It serves to remind us how quickly our lives can change, but more importantly Jill and Sam show us how attitude plays such an important part in our lives. I am truly impressed with how both of them are dealing with their challenges, and how their community is such a support to them. I wish them both well, and look forward to a follow-up story letting us know of more progress Sam has made.

• Rob Logan, UT
    Nov. 22, 2012 10:04 a.m.

Thank you for this wonderful story of such an amazing young woman and her family. She will go so far with her attitude and with her family and community. So glad people really care.

• Shuzzie53 HAYWARD, CA
    Nov. 22, 2012 12:23 p.m.

I have a spinal cord injury from a bicycle accident, but I'm walking. There's a clinic in South Jordan, Utah, that specializes in spinal cord injuries. It's called Neuroworx. I hope Sam will read this and check it out. I wish her well.

• Scott C Ephraim, UT
    Nov. 23, 2012 8:30 a.m.

God bless you!

• Six Twelve Six Grantsville, UT
    Nov. 24, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Sam,
    You are an amazing person, I hope the best for you in your recovery, Good Luck!!

• mamatisch Mona, UT
    Nov. 27, 2012 11:59 a.m.

Thank you for telling this story. As the mother of Sam's best friend, and a friend of Jill's, my heart was broken the night of August 14th. When the call came I was scared for all involved. Miracles have come to Sam and her family, and our community has been wonderful. Sam is an amazing person. A fiercely loyal friend, who loves life and all the adventures that come with it. With so many awful things being reported in the news, it was great to get the paper and see Samantha and hear of her strength and amazing attitude.