U.S. & World

Registered GOP voters in Calif. falls below 30 percent

Comments

• My2Cents Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 3, 2012 5:25 a.m.

What an absurd comment and accusation for the GOP to make. Registrant to vote does not required a declaration of party affiliation as it should be. If affiliation drops it just means people don't want to be affiliated to tier party.

And whats more absurd, is this organization being presumptuous by saying that party affiliation is also their social status with this organization. That alone would drive any sane person out of a party. Boo-hoo, stop your petty whining over head count losses and contact information. Just because people are not registered does not mean there are any social inequities or representation for political purposes.

The age of party affiliation has become a negative incentive to be a affiliated with a system of good old boy politicians.

They are right on one point though to question the validity of every online registered voter and must have a thought investigation of this right of citizenship before they can vote. Another problem with early voting too is that ballot voting results are being disclosed in Utah weeks before the general electron voting system even opens their doors. This is a violation of voting laws and secret ballot information.

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Nov. 3, 2012 8:32 a.m.

Oh yes, California is a great example to the rest of America! Nearly bankrupt, ripening in iniquity and arrogant. I live in N. Idaho and most of my neighbors are from California and they tell me they moved here from California to escape the socialism, the high taxes, the crime,corruption and the cultural declines they experienced there. They say they could not stand what life in California has become any longer. If these people are fleeing California, who do you think will be left? More important, if the people who work and pay taxes leave, how will California pay for its socialism? That's why they are bankrupt and it will only get worse.

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    Nov. 3, 2012 12:02 p.m.

I don't know anything about M-man or his neighbors, but his role as self-appointed sociologist/economist/futurist says much more about him than it does about California, which, it sounds, he would not set foot in without being armed.

I'll take my chances here. Unlike Northern Idaho, we have all kinds of people, and they usually don't threaten each other.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nov. 3, 2012 9:07 p.m.

Re: Mark B Eureka, CA

Your state is fast approaching $1 trillion dollars in debt. Your state wanted to borrow against future lottery revenue earnings to pay yesterday's bills. No word on how they were planning on paying tomorrow's bills.

If I owned a business in California .... I'd leave.

• George Bronx, NY
    Nov. 3, 2012 9:16 p.m.

@Mark B
    Mountain man has to tell himself something to justify having to live in Northern Idaho. The question is do you really want or need some like that in CA? I know NY is alright without him.

• George Bronx, NY
    Nov. 4, 2012 12:12 a.m.

@rifleman
    I am sure they would gladly show you the door. You would not make it a day in NY.