View from the Booth: 'Worlds collide' for play-by-play announcer

Comments

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 6:15 a.m.

We have the best play by play guy in the business!
    and who does not love listening to the Bill and Hans show on their way home from work?

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 8:12 a.m.

I'm not so sure that one win over a bad team is "pulling it together" but I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks. It is interesting how one win can change the outlook and attitude of fans and spectators though, and of course this is true for the followers of any team. I actually do hope utah can get to 6-6, I have my doubts, but I hope they do it.

• Swoop Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 9:56 a.m.

"Last week's beatdown of the Cal Bears was the first time all season, against quality competition, that we've seen Utah put together all three phases of the game."

So a 3-6 Cal team that struggled to beat Southern Utah is now considered "quality competition" on the hill???

It's hilarious how then #3-ranked Oklahoma was lambasted by Ute nation as being "mediocre" because the Sooners only finished 8-5, but 3-6 Cal is considered "quality compeition".

The truth is, the Utes are a season and a half into the PAC 12, and they still haven't beaten a PAC team with a winning record.

• Qwest Perfected Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 4:47 p.m.

Interesting article for coug fans to comment on. Could it be that you're not that excited about what is going on with your own team? Or maybe it is the few remaining games against the powerhouses of Idaho and New Mexico.

Who knows what will happen with Utah this year. I hope they can get bowl eligible but nothing is for sure.

The Utes are in great position and they are set up for success in the future. Their new football facility will be done soon and they will next turn the focus on expanding the stadium. This years recruiting class is getting better and better. The Utes future is bright for sure.

One game at a time!

Go Utes!

• NedGrimley Brigham City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2012 5:16 p.m.

What would be cool is if the local common taters for RSL games actually acted and responded as if they supported our boys instead of drooling and falling over themselves for the opposing team.

• Rockwell Baltimore, MD
    Nov. 1, 2012 9:41 a.m.

Qwest Perfected

It's hilarious that you completely ignored the "powerhouse" the Utes face in Utah's season finale. Colorado is just as bad as Idaho and New Mexico State.

The truth is, the only reason the Utes might "improve" in the 2nd half of the season and qualify for a bowl is because the Utes are now playing the other dregs of the conference.

Welcome back to reality.

• RSLJAZZBYUUTAH Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 1, 2012 6:02 p.m.

I'm a cougar fan, I commenting, because I like Bill Reily, and I am a RSL fan.