Opinion

Karol C. Boudreaux: Property rights, free enterprise create prosperity

Comments

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 8:31 a.m.

"expand partnership opportunities with the private sector and support property rights."

I agree with the writer.
    However does Mitt?
    Or did mit mean corporations buying property in foreign counties being safe from take over "Chavez style."

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:40 a.m.

Property rights. Everything belongs to GOD. Any God loving person should keep that in mind.

Now if you want to talk about rightious stewardship.....?

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:42 a.m.

Property rights: Everything belongs to God.

Talk about rightious stewardship instead.

• Ultra Bob Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 11:29 a.m.

The problem with Mitt Romney and politicians in general is there refusal to be specific about their planned actions for the vague generalities they support.

The article alludes to several noble causes but is totally short or specifics.

With regard to the fertilizer the author suggests “A more competitive market would reduce these costs and encourage people to develop useful substitutes”. But leaves out the actions that a foreign power would do to make it so. Besides, as I understand it, some farm problems in foreign countries are often the result of what they consider unfair trade from American farmers who have over subsidized products.

A very good example of a “foreign” influence being resisted by a government and it’s power structure is the war between the states and our own national government. How would Utah receive attempts of our federal government to change property rights, land ownership and such.

Could it be that the real causes of global unrest is not just the fault of the current president.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Sept. 28, 2012 5:52 p.m.

I didn't think my post would make it. Let's just say that before you accrue all property rights to god you'd better be able to prove to me what god wants out of it. Otherwise, you're just making stuff up. And, it's spelled 'righteous'.

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Sept. 28, 2012 10:29 p.m.

Well, I put my religious view on it since this a religious publication. But of course I don't expect everyone agrees with that and in a secular forum I wouldn't say it.

Now get oevr my typos.