Utah Utes football: Utah Utes open Pac-12 play at ASU, 8 p.m.

Comments

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 7:29 p.m.

Go Utes!!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 7:48 p.m.

With USC already losing I think we have at least a 50 percent chance at winning the south. I am at the game place is rocking! On to Pasadena utes. Ucla lost too

The south is ours!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 8:13 p.m.

Asu fans here have been very cordial, some other fans could learn a lot.

• nairbnosral American Fork, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 8:55 p.m.

I'm starting to think that it wasn't that Utah's defense was so good against BYU. No, it was that BYU's offense was so bad.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 8:58 p.m.

Down 21-0 I am doing my best to cheer, I still say we come back and get this win. We will get some lucky bounces too like they have.

Fellow muss I need to hear you

Go utes this stadium is awesome.

• nairbnosral American Fork, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 8:59 p.m.

Oh,and Chris B, ASU fans are cordial because they don't see your little team from up north as a threat.

• Troy06 OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:02 p.m.

Hi Chris B why are you so non-cordial?
    How does it feel to be down 21 in the first qtr. I told you the Utes would lose.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:03 p.m.

well no kidding nairbnsoral! lol.... Utes are proving that for 2 years in a row they did not beat us. We beat ourselves.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:04 p.m.

Touchdown!

Terrible start but we WILL win this game. Not a doubt in my mind

York will eat them alive.

• Troy06 OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:11 p.m.

Can't wait to see it Chris B. Utah will lose the next game too.

• Lifelong Republican Orem, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:20 p.m.

Utah isn't going to make a bowl game this year. Glad they could win their bowl game last week.

Chris B, I hope you are taking some notes from the ASU fans...

• peterpanedU OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:20 p.m.

@ Chris B
    Really its amazing how focused you are on saying any little comment about the other team down south and how poorly they are playing. When in reality your team the one up north is not if any better than the cougars. We both have good defenses and we both have poor offenses that struggle to move the ball. I could almost root for you to do well if you would just shut up! LOL I almost had a good luck Utes but can not do it my Grandfather would roll over in his grave. Go Cougars, We will figure it out!

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:32 p.m.

Hey Chris B.

By quarter

1st - ASU 21 Utah 0.

2nd so far - ASO 10 Utah 7.

Totals this half to date: ASU 31, Utah 7. How is Utah going to win this.......mess?

I see where Colorado won today so you'll have difficulty in Boulder this year, just like in SLC last year. You can thank your lucky stars that BYU's field goal bounced off the up-right or U'd have zero chance at a bowl this year.

Oh, by the way....Go Devils.

PS It's the goofey black helmets that did U in.

• Troy06 OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:35 p.m.

Wow Chris down 31-7.
    Too bad I can't watch this beating on TV.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:36 p.m.

I am really enjoying this game.

The utes are a bottom dwelling little fish in the big pond. High school talent way over their heads.

• MurrayMike Murray, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:38 p.m.

lol...chris b you are such a ute homer.....we can win this! just some lucky breaks! only offense worse than buy's is utes.

• Troy06 OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:38 p.m.

ASU 38 at half. They'll score again in 3 plays.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:41 p.m.

peterpanedU,

I really could have cheered the utes on, but Chis B makes it difficult.

• Chris B's momma Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:43 p.m.

Chris. Don't embarrass the family. The utes won't win two conference games this year. 31-7 at half tonight.

• ET Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:45 p.m.

Hey Chris. Who you picking for the nfl games. We can all bet the other team. Could one person possibly be more wrong! Millions are happy tonight!

• Zoniezoobie Mesa, AZ
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:46 p.m.

Go Devils, your cellar-dweller replacement has arrived.

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:52 p.m.

@ Chris B

Yes Sun Devil stadium is awesome. I was there when BYU defeated ASU in 1997. Some ASU guy was swearing after the game, saying "How could they lose to 'BYU' of all teams.?" I reminded him that the previous year BYU won the Cotton Bowl and was ranked #5 in the final polls.

But you are right....it is a great stadium. Remember to buy some bottled "water" to quench your thist in the 90+ degree temperatures.

ASU was the first place I saw a game where they sold cold, bottled water. It was great (and they sold lots more water than beer) but I suppose the visiting teams fans might want to get something that will help them forget the game a bit. That's a natural reaction to a drubbing for fans that are in denial about the fortunes of their team (as in 'Rose Bowl, here we come').

• ET Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:53 p.m.

Quarterback from eagle, Idaho is killing u! If only BYU had used their Idaho qb more you wouldn't have been so lucky!

• couglifer South Jordan, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 9:59 p.m.

Come on Cougar fans let’s not kick a poor Ute when they are down

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 10:07 p.m.

Exposed once again.

Ute 'stellar' defense. Ute 'stellar' offense. Blechen and White are anemic.

As miserable as losing to Boise was at least BYU's defense held up against a ranked team. There is hope. I'm feeling much better.

The Ute "fans" comments are going to be a rare gem tonight.

Most of the other PAC teams lit up the score board today. Looks like a very long season in the making for the Utesies.

• nairbnosral American Fork, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 10:18 p.m.

John White IV was a surprise last year and was Utah's whole offense. This year, he is not a surprise and defenses know to key in on him. Don't expect to win too many games this year Utes.

• jthorne Eagle Mountain, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 10:21 p.m.

@Chris B

I absolutely love how you take your time to comment on BYU's games and gloat over Utah's games. Maybe you could read other articles in the DesNews, or here's an even better idea. The SLTribune has a HUGE Utah fanbase and you'd fit in perfectly.

• AZCoug Mesa, AZ
    Sept. 22, 2012 10:27 p.m.

I think the difference in this game are the PAC 10 quality athletes playing for ASU!

• peterpanedU OREM, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 10:30 p.m.

@ Chis B

Wow what a beating you and your Utes are taking tonight! Just want U to know I love you man but at times U are really a homer. I am a Cougar fan and can be very cordial too! I am still watching your game and not seeing your optimizm it is now 34 to 7. I really can root for the Utes as long as we are not playing each other. Go Utes

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 11:32 p.m.

"Chris B.

Touchdown!

Terrible start but we WILL win this game. Not a doubt in my mind

York will eat them alive."

This just in, Chris B.: Final Score ASU 37 utah 7.

• Jake2010 bountiful, ut
    Sept. 24, 2012 9:10 p.m.

Not even gonna pretend to place Utah in the 'favored' column for October 4th... They are a bitter disappointment.