Video: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall stares down heckler after loss to Utah

Comments

• TypeIIa Orem, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:17 p.m.

If only his team had that same look in their eyes before the game....seems like we were the ones to tuck our tails and run.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:19 p.m.

Typical punk from the hill.

• TypeIIa Orem, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:24 p.m.

If only his team had that same look in their eyes before and during the game....it appeared to me like we were the one's running with our tails between our legs.

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:28 p.m.

embarrassing to be a ute with "fans" like this clown. it looks like he is flexing his beer muscles until confronted and then he runs......let the players play and fans watch and shut up.

• CTJ fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:30 p.m.

This shows the class that is Utah fans. That is the number 1 reason I could never root for Utah. Number 2 they are just plain boring to watch, every time I watch a game of there's it's hard to finish, can't watch a full game. Nobody in America is as boring to watch! I will say this no one wins more ugly games they shouldn't win than Utah!

• mtnlion Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Hilarious. Chris B? Was that you? ;-)

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Sept. 17, 2012 5:58 p.m.

Ute alumni: I like you. I think if we knew each other, we'd be friends. Kudos for calling a spade a spade.

• Ironhide Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:00 p.m.

mtnlion,

stellar comment, a face to the name;) It's gotta be him!

I can't support any comment about this being the perfect example of a U fan. It's not true. There are some punks which always happen to be the most vocal, just like there are on the Y's side. However, this dude made a huge fool out of himself. He puffs and fronts and then visibly cowers in demeanor and retreat. Big mouth, little man. Those two often go hand in hand. I go to the U and all the sudden want to wear my Y shirt to see if I can smoke him out as I walk from class to class.

• rivercricket SYRACUSE, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:01 p.m.

I know many Ute fans that will think is funny. It actually shows a lack of respect to someone who puts far more into his team as a coach than we as fans do. No matter if this is Utah or BYU this young man should have his back side kicked.

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:09 p.m.

I don't think that kid is representative of the majority of Utah fans.

However, that is exactly why fans don't belong on the field. I can understand rushing the field if you win a game that puts you into a championship game; or puts you into a BcS bowl. But rushing the field every time you beat your rival? C'mon. You've done it 3 years in a row. It's not like you just ended a huge drought. USU rushing after beating Utah last week? Fine.

Anyway, keep the fans in the stands and that kind of thing doesn't happen. Football players belong on the field. Fans belong in the stands.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:12 p.m.

metamoracoug, don't be fooled. "ute alumni" is simply a "ute hater," and uses any opportunity, valid or invalid, to trash talk his screen-namesake. This time, the DN just happened to post something worthy of making fun of one particular Ute fan for.

• SoCalUtahFan Irvine, CA
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:32 p.m.

To my Utes fans:

Fans should not have any business heckling the opposing team's
    players and coaches.
    It's bad that your team just defeated them....
    And it's even worse that you gave them another chance to lose
    yet again...(it's like they lost twice to Utah on the same
    night)
    You should not rub salt in their wounds.

• Proud Ute ,
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:34 p.m.

Nobody deserves that junk.
    Kudo's to Bronco for keeping his cool and recognizing the fool for what he is. I don't doubt Bronco can not only take care of himself but give you a glare where there's no doubt you know to shut up and listen.
    Please don't lump every Ute fan or athlete in with wingnuts like this.

• hymn to the silent Holladay, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 6:43 p.m.

So this clown got his 15 minutes of fame. Funny seeing the Ute cameraman telling him to shove off. But I have to wonder why The DNews runs this bit. Doesn't it only incite fans? And if it were a BYU fan (yes, many of us have seen the same behavior among the blue-clad...some of them full of Max Hall's beer) would it get the same attention? Civility starts by not giving idiots face time. Rushing the field used to be an honor, where you could congratulate your team...it's now turned into another opportunity to trash talk. Too bad. It was a classic rivalry game with both teams going the distance. Props to both.

• Whoa Nellie American Fork, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 8:47 p.m.

U 90 - Who is Faslev?

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 8:58 p.m.

Whoa Nellie, are you just being ticky tacky about misspelling someone's name, or have you not heard of the video going viral of JD Falslev throwing a tantrum at an immature taunting fan?

• Igualmente Mesa, AZ
    Sept. 17, 2012 10:01 p.m.

I think Bronco wanted to reprimand that clean-cut young lad, and let him know that he had let his emotions get well beyond civil respect for the opposing team. Heck, it's just a game, save your animosity for the real enemies you may have to face in life.

• Rexburg Reader Rexburg, ID
    Sept. 17, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Who dressed this guy?

Also I agree this is a good example of why fans need to stay in the seats they paid for. An opposing coach or player shouldn't have to deal with this kind of harassment while leaving the field. And you never know what some crazy person might do. If I were a Utah fan I'd just calmly walk out of the stadium and act like it was no big deal to have thumped BYU three times in a row.

• sportsrealist salt lake city, UT
    Sept. 17, 2012 11:13 p.m.

nevadacoug hypocrisy at its finest there. i very highly doubt you said the same thing to your fellow cougie fans last year after the utah state game, and we all know you were no where near championship lasat year in that game or any other.

• Utah-Hawaii Alum Dallas, TX
    Sept. 18, 2012 1:22 a.m.

Way to go Utes!

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:40 a.m.

That Ute fan (student or not) will always have to live with the shame of his behavior. Punishment enough! Low class always seeks its own! Welcome to RES!

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 7:08 a.m.

non-issue, this is stupid. Just the BYU media trying to put make BYU look tough.

• ummmm utah, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 7:14 a.m.

The U must be so proud of their boy. Ask Kyle what he thinks of his fans. Glad Im an Aggie!

• Utes22 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 7:34 a.m.

Always dissapointint to see someone act like that. I though Coach Mendenhall handled it wonderfully, (Always been a fan of his). No need for a fan of any team to act like that. Good luck on thursday BYU.
    Go Utes!!!

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    Sept. 18, 2012 7:51 a.m.

Soundtrack: Grrrrrrrr!
    Translation: Guess we whupped you pansie boys again!

Soundtrack: Ruff! Ruff!
    Translation: Don't you turn your back on me when I'm taunting you!

Soundtrack: Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!
    Translation: Mommeeeeeee!

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Just because a fan buys a ticket doesn't give them the right to do whatever they want at a game or yell whatever they want at a player or coach without a reaction. Fans need to stay in the stands.

I'm with Bronco and Falslev on this one.

• DevilishUte Tempe, AZ
    Sept. 18, 2012 9:27 a.m.

I'm a proud Ute fan, but this fan is a fool. He should not have been on the field (rushing the field for anything other than a championship is ridiculous).

Good on Bronco for putting him in his place and good on Bronco for keeping his cool. I hope this fan enjoys the years of jabs, swipes, and ridicule this video will afford him.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    Sept. 18, 2012 9:46 a.m.

Okay, so I'm not overly proud of my last comment. Even (theoretically) adults occasionally do childish things.

I'm sure JD will regret that one instant for some time to come. This fan will probably come to regret his moment of fame/shame for some time too.

Why do we let athletic events define and occasionally tarnish who we are and what we are trying to become? My hats off to the civil Ute and reasonable BYU fans who have set a better standard for me and others.

• Wookie Omaha, NE
    Sept. 18, 2012 10:09 a.m.

What did contention do for either side. The fans were ridiculous after the win. How sad. What was Bronco going to do? Stare at him for what purpose? I for one am glad that this rivalry will slowly die. The games are not worth the resulting behavior.

Go UTES!!

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Sept. 18, 2012 10:30 a.m.

Some BYU fans on here, all I have to ask is, really?
    Yeah, let's make sweeping generalizations about an entire fan base based on the actions of one dumb kid. That shows a lot of class.

At either rate, this video was hilarious; I think we have finally seen the face of Chris B! Just kidding Chris, no hard feelings. But Bronco would have messed this kid up had the kid come any closer, and the kid knew it. Props to Bronco on not acting or saying anything, being the bigger man (physically and in maturity) and allowing this guy to get his due by getting his mug on camera.

Once again, good game Cougs, and I for one hope this rivalry keeps going, but that my fellow Ute fans actually act like we've been here before.

Go Utes!

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 11:14 a.m.

I am a big Utah fan but this type of fan behavior is truly embarrassing and uncalled for. No visiting coach or player should have to put up with this kind of fan behavior. Chris Hill and the U need to take a strong position against this type of behavior by identifying these fans through pictures, videos, etc and prohibiting them from entering Utah athletic facilities and/or buy seasong tickets to U athletic events for a justifiable period of time. Only then will fans like this get the message. And I for one do not want them in the stadium.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 18, 2012 11:19 a.m.

Let me try and tone down my initial comment. The Utah fan was waaaaay out of line. Embarassing. It should never of happened, and I applaud Bronco for keeping his cool!

• Cougar Passion Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 12:20 p.m.

Re: Wookie,
    "Stare at him for what purpose?" Are you a parent, or have you ever been in a position where you know that all you have to do is give your counterpart a certain look? Bronco's an intelligent guy, and he likely knows that anyone like that will do just what he did with a simple couple of steps toward him. Despite being upset about the game, he likely smiled to himself after sending that punk scurrying.

• MESOUTE Albany, NY
    Sept. 18, 2012 12:22 p.m.

This fan acted very inappropriately. I am ashamed of the students who act like this. Come on fellow Utes, get it together and for goodness sake stop rushing the field. Act like you've been there before. Kudos to Coach Roscoe for showing restraint. More than ever I would like to see the game go away for five years. Let's get some perspective folks on both sides.

Furthermore, (per the first portion of the video) will my fellow Ute fans stop wearing head dress to the games? Did you not see and hear the AD's pleas to respect the Ute tribe by ceasing this juvenile and stereotypical behavior? Please.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 1:47 p.m.

Frankly this is not uncommon behavior for utah "fans". The attempts to pretend this sort of behavior goes on equally between both fanbases is also ridiculous.

At the last BYU/utah game in res I attended. On my way into the stadium a utah "fan" came running up to me. got directly in my face and started yelling "You leave! You leave now!". Never in my life have I seen that occur at LES from a BYU fan to a utah "fan". Once in the stadium my seats were on the west side. 2 rows in front of us was an obviously drunk idiot, he had a flask he kept drinking from. Every time the KSL helicopter flew overhead he would jump up, flip it off and yell "blanking Mormons!" as loud as he could. Not one utah "fan" told him to cut it out although I could tell many were embarrassed by it.

Really this is not uncommon behavior for utah "fans". No it is not all of them, it isn't even most of them, but it is a large percentage of them. Classless and low.

• H-man Shreveport, LA
    Sept. 18, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Perhaps some of you do not know that a longer version of this incident has been posted on You Tube. The one there is a full minute longer than this shorter one, and it shows that the behavior of the guy in suspenders is much worse than the video here suggests. The longer video shows the guy heckling Coach Mendenhall at the beginning of the video, and it shows Bronco looking over his left shoulder for part of his walk down the field. Then we see suspenders boy get in Broncos face again. That indicates that the guy followed Bronco a good 30 yards or perhaps more down the field, probably heckling him all the way. There are also a couple of girls who get in Bronco's face squealing until they are pushed aside by one of the officers accompanying Bronco. Kudos to those Ute fans who have called out this bad fan behavior, but you Ute apologists who have tried to minimize and justify the behavior, you need to rethink your position. Suspenders boy stalked an opposing coach down the field. And by the way, show some respect--it's Coach Mendenhall or Bronco, not Roscoe.

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 2:44 p.m.

@duckhunter

you need a tissue there little guy? ok lets say you've never heard of any byu "fan" do what you "say" happened to you *rollin my eyes*, lets take to youtube and type in "JD Falslev on field after loss to utah 2012". haha yeah your fans and players are both oh so classy...

LOL!

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 3:27 p.m.

Duckhunter, I've never been to a game at LES, so I can't attest to what you say, but what I can say is if you don't think it goes on with any consistent frequency, your ignorance must be fulfilling. The last time a friend of mine, a Ute football player from Utah county, went to the mall back home wearing his warm ups, with no provocation or drawing attention to himself (aside from wearing red), he was flipped off by several groups of young men (who, if he had chosen to react, would have gotten it much uglier than whatever Bronco would have been able to give this guy). While leaving the stadium Saturday, I had some guy in a BYU track suit walking behind me and my date barking obscenities much more offensive and hateful than your "blanking Mormons" friend. So, what, are we gonna have an open forum on all the mean things someone from the other side has done to them? Get over it, man.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 3:52 p.m.

This fan obviously made a bad call shouting negative comments towards Bronco. I don't know that he turned cowardice to Bronco's stare. This is becoming the common interpretation since Kevin Graham sold it as so a few days back.

Sure, maybe this fan finally had a reality check when Bronco turned square at him, meaning what was he going to do now?

Still, I don't know if the fan was physically afraid even though if it came down to it, the fan probably would want no part of Bronco. That said, the fan might have just recognized that Bronco, the police, and media cameras around him would have him in the slammer if he laid a hand on Mendenhall.

I don't think Bronco would fight unless the fan touched him first. Bronco is in control.

I think Bronco was calling the fans bluff, knowing the police would arrest this guy if anything else took place (beyond what did). That way Bronco saves himself from any wrong doing and wins the battle without having to battle. Bronco is a head coach who knows what he is doing.

This fan might need therapy now (embarrassing).

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 3:53 p.m.

Yep Max Hall was right yet again. What fan goes after the HC of the other team?? ONLY a Ute fan. Pathetic.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:17 p.m.

Wrong jarka-rus.

You don't remember the allegations of a BYU heckling Whitt's wife. Kyle kept things quiet and there was no film to capture.

Max was right? Is hate good?

Look there are bad fans on both sides. If you don't see that, then maybe you fit the bad fan bill by looking to condemn others. Be careful, that is bad for your soul brother.

How about the BYU student who stole the Ute flag in Provo and ran around with it in the mid 90s? Too bad for him, he got tackled and beat up by a Ute cheer leader.

The worst part jack-rus is that you defend Max Hall's comments. I would bet the majority of your fellow BYU fans would also say that is embarrassing to them and makes you a bad fan as well.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:20 p.m.

jarka-rus, what fan goes after the other team's HC's WIFE?!

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:25 p.m.

@gdog

If he didn't "turn coward" as you say then what did he do? He certainly didn't stand up to Bronco. He immediately turned tail and slunk away, like I would expect from a utah "fan". This guy is the walking, breathing, living, personification of a utah "fan". When I write utah "fans" on here this guy is the exact guy I am describing. I'm not describing you, I'm not describing my buddies Eric or Dave, I'm describing this guy and all of the many, many, others just like him. They exist, you've seen him now, you may not like him but you cannot deny he is there. No one can.

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:26 p.m.

jarka-rus
    Layton, Utah

I agree. He was totally wrong.

As was the BYU fan a couple years ago who went after Whittingham's wife.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 4:30 p.m.

@Duckhunter

If it's true what you say, I don't condone what the Ute fan did to you. Still, if you give off an energy in person like you do on these posts, then maybe birds of a feather flock together in regards to confrontation. By your admission, you LOL every time you get under a Ute fan's skin right? It washes well when you do the washing eh?.

I have attended the rivalry games all my life, and have rarely seen extreme behavior. This includes attending all but 4 games in RES since 1980, and I have been to 7 rivalry games a LES as well. After the game in 1995 in Provo, I was on the field talking with Chad Lewis about his brother Mike who played at the U. and I watched one of the Doman brothers, not sure which one, screaming at Utah fans celebrating a Ute win. We thought he was way overboard and Lewis was embarrassed.

It happens both ways.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 5:39 p.m.

@gdog and stg

utah "fans" have been making that false allegation about a BYU fan "going after" whittinghams wife for the last few years. It is absolutely false and I have posted the actual story here multiple times.

Once again it was the whittinghams son that attaked the BYU fan who was filming the fans rushing the field after BYU won the game. He grabbed the BYU fans p[hone and threw it onto the field into the corwd where it was lost and never recovered. The BYU fan obviously took exception to it and in the ensuing melee the whittingham punk elbowed his own mother in the mouth as she was trying to pull him out of it.

Evidence?

The utah athletic department sent the BYU fan a $500 dollar check to pay for the phone which he photocopied and framed as it now hangs on his wall as proof. He lives here in Highland and it is well known exactly what occured.

You should actually know the true story before propagating that false allegation again. You should also question why your coach, who makes 2 mil per year, didn't pay for the phone himself instead of u.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 6:04 p.m.

For the record, I never defended this fan. I am just saying the way the media portrays this is fodder for for sensational comments. Suddenly Bronco is Medusa and can turn you to stone by looking at you.

Sure, I think the fan was likely scared of a Bronco thumping. But I also think it likely, the fan realized his mouth put him in the line of fire with police, the media, and Bronco, and walked away.

Bronco was not going to lay a hand on this guy. He was putting the ball in the fan's court to see if he was going to doom himself. The fan showed bad judgment being mouthy but good judgment in walking away.

I wouldn't do what this fan did by any stretch, but as a Ute fan I am not super embarrassed by it. It happens. To say that no BYU fan would ever walk near Whittingham and say something like "what can you say" is naive to me. I have seen otherwise. The story I told above is what I witnessed in Provo in 1995. It was far worse than what I saw on this video with suspender boy.

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 6:07 p.m.

hahaha how quickly byu "fans" like to forget last year in provo at the good ole marriot center. i think there was a reason your basketball game ended EARLY that night. why dont you oh so classy byu fans relay to us what happened.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 6:15 p.m.

I haven't seen the longer version of the suspender boy incident, but I kinda hope it was a little worse than what I saw, because this dude's actions have put him on the shamed forever list in this state (Utah and BYU fans alike). I find this whole thing sad, irritating, funny, and just typical of extra story lines after each BYU vs. Utah football game.

There is always something the media runs with forever. I look back at what players and fans have said and done over the last 20 years, and it's unbelievable. This rivalry might not get the national attention of some other rivalries, but no rivalry has the unique levels of intensity and outcome each year. It's like American football meets Northern Ireland resistance. The other guy is always the devil so to speak.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Sept. 18, 2012 6:52 p.m.

@Duckhunter

Are you saying the allegations about coach Whittingham's wife being heckled are not true? Wow, is that the same as Max Hall's friends cousin getting a drop of soda spilled on him, only to have it be a giant beer pouring legend upon the family that lives on.

I have my sources to. I just don't quote them unless I know for sure. Who knows what happens, but it happens. What you say? Who knows? At least we have the goofy video of suspender boy to write our posting thesis papers on. It's so worthy of all this. The kid made a bad judgment and now he has to live with it. I don't want to throw out any more stones at him than what he has received except for to laugh at his suspenders.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Duckhunter, yes I know the allegations of who did what to whom, and how it was all caught on camera, but then that mean ol' Ute destroyed the evidence so it can't be confirmed other than your pal's story and check hung on his wall. However, what is confirmed by visual evidence is with that melee being dispersed, Jamie is having her arm grabbed and pulled by, not the "Whittingham punk," but some blue-shirted punk. I don't know him, so I can call him that, isn't that how it goes?

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 8:01 p.m.

"I don't want to throw out any more stones at him than what he has received except for to laugh at his suspenders."

gdog3finally, I can already see them becoming a villainous Halloween outfit in Utah County like Steve Bartmann's turtleneck and headphones became in Chicago after the NLCS.

• mountainflying Logan, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 8:27 p.m.

Going after a coache's wife is WAY worse than going after a coach. Only a true coward does that to a women.

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 18, 2012 9:28 p.m.

Wow Duck does live by everyone.

I guess they wre right........it is a small world since everyone lives in a place called Highland.

• U 90 Corona, CA
    Sept. 18, 2012 10:13 p.m.

duckhunter, sometimes your comments are spot on. But on this one I'm calling you out. Provide your research/statistics to support your claim that a large percentage of Utah fans are classless and low. This is really just your opinion.

My experiences have been completely different. I’ve been to 3 rivalry games at RES and have never seen a Ute fan mistreating a BYU fan. I know it happens, I just have not seen it.

I’ve been to LES twice and both times seen BYU fans mistreat Utah fans. In 2009 a BYU fan came up to my son and me and yelled in our face "Utah sucks!" This guy appeared to be in his mid 30s. In 1993 my brother in law was part of the Utah program and was showered with soda, spit and profanity after Utah won the game 34-31.

If you don't believe me listen to Jeffrey R. Holland's CES Fireside talk a few weeks ago which included a story about Daniel Bobik being mistreated by BYU fans. Take off you blue goggles, you're missing reality. Poor fan behavior goes both ways.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 19, 2012 11:14 a.m.

@ Duck Hunter

I have read your comments quite often over the last year or two on this forum. You constantly troll Utah articles, and write condesending remarks about The U or U, it's students, it's coaches and it's players. If you have this same attitude and disposition in real life as on this forum, you got exactly what you deserved at RES.

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 19, 2012 11:52 a.m.

The suspenders Ute fan needs to own up to his mistake and issue an apology to Bronco, and to Ute and Cougar fans alike. His actions were utterly uncalled for. Fans should not confront opposing players or coaches.

Also, I am bothered by so many Cougar fans saying "Max Hall was right!"
    So, hate is good? You agree with hating another school, team, and ALL its fans, based on the bad actions of a few? I wonder how many active LDS Cougar fans who think Max hall was right would say that when President Monson showed up to Rice-Eccles stadium as a Ute fan a few years ago, or when he sung the "Utah Man" song filmed by KSL TV or when Elder Wirthlin would talk about being a Utah football player.

Think again if you agree with Max Hall's hate.

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    Sept. 19, 2012 1:58 p.m.

The Ute fan in suspenders is a fool. He's an embarrassment. But let's be real. Every single college football team in the land has fans like him.

Yes, even BYU. Yes, even Nebraska.

So quit acting like BYU doesn't have bozos like this. Ignorance if you do.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sept. 19, 2012 2:25 p.m.

@Ducky

I think you would agree that this taunting falls somewhere in the category of "Juvenile, classless, and dumb"?

"A message on the scoreboard after BYU defeated USU on Wednesday said “Utah State, enjoy the loss” and called the Aggies “Little Brother.”

Juvenile. Classless. Dumb."

-- BYU issues apology to USU for maverick message on Jumbotron
    Dick Harmon, Thursday, November 18, 2010

• AK UTE Palmer, AK
    Sept. 19, 2012 8:11 p.m.

I agree rushing the field needs to stop it is not like beating BYU is some huge accomplishment that needs to be celebrated like some hard fought championship....rushing the field needs to be reserved for those type of situations.

Don't lump all UTE fans into the same category as this idiot that is very narrow minded I have seen the same type of reaction by BYU fans in the same type of situation.

And really what other choice of reaction did Bronco have not like he could have taken off after the fool....if he had done that we would be talking about his dismissal.

Good luck Utes and Cougars this week and thanks for the exciting game you provided last week!

• Cowboy Dude SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Sept. 22, 2012 3:53 p.m.

KSL's Graydon Johns has the video and this commentary:

"...Not sure what he was thinking, but remember Ute fans, it was your behavior who gave BYU an extra crack at a game-winning field goal."

Were we at the same game? There was no attempted game-winning field goal.