BYU football notebook: Cougars show compassion for Jordan Wynn's misfortune

Comments

• Oatmeal Woods Cross, UT
    Sept. 10, 2012 10:51 p.m.

I believe that Wynn never really recovered from the surgery. Best of luck to him.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Sept. 10, 2012 11:08 p.m.

What class the Cougars have in this article! Great people in BYU's program with all the priotities right.

Good luck to Wynn also as he recovers. I wonder if Austin Collie one day will wish he had done the same and hung up his cleats.

Go Cougars!

• SLCWatch Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2012 1:58 a.m.

I fully expected the Cougar team to show class and respect to their opponent. I wish all our fans will too. I would also expect that if any Y player was hurt and had to leave the game they love that the Utah team would also show similar class. Yes, there are a few on both sides, fans and players that lose control on occasion (some not so occasionally) that disappoint us. (No, we don't need to bring up names...they just become lists and we fail to see the big picture that most can be respectful). I hate to see the rivalry die in the name of almighty dollars but that is where it seems to be going. Used to be rivals could go out to celebrate life together after a game or mourn together when a player goes down. Hope some of our looser canons could learn no one really likes to hear them pop off...they are really just duds in life.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Sept. 11, 2012 5:42 a.m.

Stephenson is having a great year. He's making his PATs and Field Goals at a very high percentage, especially considering he's just supposed to be the punter. Keep up the good work.

• spud Payson, UT
    Sept. 11, 2012 8:11 a.m.

to all of ute nation. my heartfelt condolences. nobody wants to see a fine upstanding young man go down. face the last time he will ever lead the team to the line. wear the pads the last time. win or loose saturdays game will be shallow in comparison to the tradegy of jordan wynn. good luck on your future jordan. the university of utah is a fine school and its degrees are regonized world wide. im still a cougar fan but this day belongs to jordan nobody else

• Cougarista Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2012 7:14 p.m.

Sportsmanship is what college athletics was meant to exemplify. Good luck Jordan and the Cougars.

• El Chango Supremo Rexburg, ID
    Sept. 11, 2012 8:19 p.m.

Great article. I love the class! I sure wish the posters on comment boards could show similar character!!