Utah

Win? No way! Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson efforts getting party on ballots

Comments

• sashabill Morgan Hill, CA
    Aug. 25, 2012 11:25 p.m.

Rocky can remain in the obscurity he deserves.

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Aug. 26, 2012 7:34 a.m.

ross. good luck. i see the foot bridge "over my dead body" not only looks great, but is very much used. thanks for your opposition. i believe that is what got it completed.

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Aug. 26, 2012 8:46 a.m.

The longer Rocky runs, the better. As long as it is away from Utah. He did quite enough moonbattery here already.

• cscot Santa Fe, NM
    Aug. 26, 2012 9:04 a.m.

I am thrilled about Rocky's frugality. Republicans and Democrats each get 18.2 million dollars of taxpayer's money to stage their conventions. In addition, Congress sets aside an addition $50 million dollars for security at each convention. (We're up to $136 MILLION taxpayer dollar for what?)
    Is this any indication of why we have a huge budget deficit? It doesn't matter if voters elect a Republican or a Democrat, the corporate funded duo spends, spends, SPENDS.
    I think Rocky is a hero for trying to run a campaign as inexpensively as possible. We should be voting for someone who can CONTROL spending and we should positively take away the funding for these party conventions or convention parties.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 26, 2012 1:41 p.m.

Mr. Ross (Rocky) Anderson, former attorney for the ACLU says ""I had no idea how absolutely undemocratic this country is when it comes to forming political parties ...". He probably has no idea how absolutely few votes he will harvest. Mr. Anderson almost makes me want to appreciate our current president.

• Rifleman Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 26, 2012 5:52 p.m.

Re: cscot Santa Fe, NM
    "I think Rocky is a hero ..."

I am reminded of Ross (Rocky) Anderson every time I see the Main Street Plaza or the Sky Bridge over Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City. He fought both projects tooth and nail, and fortunately for us he lost both fights.

I'd never feel comfortable with a former attorney for the ACLU elected President of our country.