BYU football: Mendenhall says team 'on the right track' following Thursday scrimmage

Comments

• Proud Ute ,
    Aug. 16, 2012 4:49 p.m.

All ribbing aside, good luck Cougars.
    Let's play football!

• southpride56 Saint George, UT
    Aug. 16, 2012 5:36 p.m.

How about region 9
    Hine
    Foote
    Sorenson
    Lark

• SoCalUtahFan Irvine, CA
    Aug. 16, 2012 9:13 p.m.

On the right track to where?
    --BCS game?
    --Poinsetta Bowl?
    --another 54-10 debacle in SLC?

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, UT
    Aug. 16, 2012 11:12 p.m.

"--another 54-10 debacle in SLC?"

I really, really hope that the Ute football team believes, as you do, that they won because they were much, much better than BYU. If you think BYU players will play the same way they did last year during the BYU-Utah game, you're in for some disappointment. I just hope your beloved Ute players think BYU will make the same blunders.

• dallas realist rockwall, texas
    Aug. 17, 2012 1:08 a.m.

Adam Hine used to be Adam Timo Correct?

• Duckhunted highland, utah
    Aug. 17, 2012 3:11 a.m.

mmmmm riverton,
    you are so going to cry about the refs or turnovers again...why can't you BYU fans be honest and just say we we pray the Big 12 want's us..

• DC Alexandria, VA
    Aug. 17, 2012 6:56 a.m.

Hey Utes, just keep your eyes on USC, no need to worry about BYU. They're not very good this year and it will probably be another debacle like last year. BYU's linemen are still fat and slow, and Alisa runs a 5.0 40. Actually, it may be better served for you to use the BYU game week to prepare for ASU and USC.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Aug. 17, 2012 10:43 a.m.

One question.

Is our running game really that good or has our defense just forgotten how to tackle under Bronco's "no contact" philosophy?

• UtahUte16 Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 17, 2012 1:49 p.m.

DC

"They're not very good this year and it will probably be another debacle like last year."

I'm glad we can agree on something.

• esodije ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    Aug. 17, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Leave it to Ute fans to "leave" BYU, but not to be able to "leave it alone."

• SoCalUtahFan Irvine, CA
    Aug. 17, 2012 8:06 p.m.

@riverton:

Heard that before.
    "We gave the game away!"
    "if we can take care of the ball, this game is different..."
    blah, blah, blah.
    Blame on everyone else except themselves.

• I Bleed Blue Las Vegas, NV
    Aug. 17, 2012 8:51 p.m.

I love the 'Everyday is Game Day' shirt. I would have added, 'Except Sundays.' Go cougars!

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, UT
    Aug. 17, 2012 11:59 p.m.

Duckhunted,

We'll see who's crying after Sept. 15th. Like I said, I really hope your football team is as naive as you.

SoCalUtahFan,

Who was I blaming? I was simply saying that BYU did not play their best game that day. Quite the opposite, in fact. Do you judge everybody by their worst performance, or just BYU?

• Amorphous Saint George, Utah
    Aug. 18, 2012 3:05 p.m.

Dallas,
    Yes. Adam now goes by his mother's maiden name, Hine, instead of his father's last name, Timo.

I hope the U represents the state well in the Pac 12 and that all you U fans will be overjoyed and become positive, productive contributors to society, leaving these blogs and going to those filled with great things about your team and adding to them. That would be nice...and a refreshing break.

• ogmson Mapleton, Utah
    Aug. 27, 2012 6:21 p.m.

SoCalPukeFan: Here is my best suggestion for your sad case of myopia; Since you judge the Mighty Cougars based on their worst performance in 10 years, (happily for you that it was against your boys in red from RES) how then, do you judge your same team after the Colorado debacle? Or the TCU debacle? Conclusion based on your standards is easy....the boys from RES are pathetic and can't win the meaningful one.

BTW, At least the BYU/Utah game was not witnessed by a prime time Saturday audience as was the TCU beat down. And, at least, my Cougars weren't ranked in the top 10. Happily for you, no network picked up the Colorado meltdown, but.... your PACthetic 10 + 2 peers are still laughing 9 months later....

Last is this: Playing in San Diego in December and filling a stadium with fans, will be more enjoyable for me than it will be for you to go to Vegas as the 4/5 place team from the PAC 10+2 conference, in a half filled stadium.....assuming, of course, you can even beat Colorado this year.