Utah Utes football notebook: Salt breaks foot, Leota undergoes appendectomy

Comments

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 10, 2012 7:39 p.m.

So Star's heir-apparent will have 2 years to anchor the line instead of 1.

• Wallbanger Spanish Fork, UT
    Aug. 10, 2012 9:18 p.m.

Well ,it's a good thing we are so deep at the line. Get well all that are down. I'm pretty bummed out, I was really looking forward to see what Salt was made of this year. These things happen, and we'll be looking forward to when all these guys return.

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    Aug. 10, 2012 11:54 p.m.

The Morris Trophy will reside in S.L.C. for at least 3 more years....We're DEEP here, fortunately....Get better all....Go UTES!!!!!!!!

• Proud Ute ,
    Aug. 11, 2012 7:36 a.m.

Best wishes to all for a speedy recovery.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 11, 2012 9:41 a.m.

Good point stg, wouldn't it be great if all of the backups got season ending injuries so they can redshirt and have one more year? There's nothing better than having all of your depth out for the season. Of course we all know that the starters never get major injuries so not having any depth behind them is never a concern.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Aug. 11, 2012 10:57 a.m.

"Good point stg, wouldn't it be great if all of the backups got season ending injuries so they can redshirt and have one more year?"

I guess from now on I should type "For Duckhunter's eyes" versions of comments. Only the basest of fans would actually wish for any player on any team to be injured. I'm sure anyone else would've recognized my comment as an attempt to find a silver lining in something seriously unfortunate.

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    Aug. 11, 2012 1:06 p.m.

@stg

Fair enough, there may be a "silver lining" to it as you say. I don't wish injury on anyone from any team, but I do have a hard time seeing this as a positive for utah and feel badly for this player.