BYU football: Freshman RB Jamaal Williams becomes a fan favorite at scrimmage

Comments

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Aug. 10, 2012 6:43 a.m.

I have to admit, I was a little worried about the depth at RB after Quezada's transfer. But after reading this article - I'm worried no more. I'm assuming Lasike's attempt to transition to football is over since he's not mentioned here. I know it's only scrimmage, but every RB averaging over 5 ypc is impressive.

• CT98 Saint George, UT
    Aug. 10, 2012 9:40 a.m.

How many fans showed up for the scrimmage? Just curious as I didn't see any fans in the stands in the picture set.

• cougarfan1 Cedar Hills, UT
    Aug. 10, 2012 10:14 a.m.

@CougFaninTX
    Lasike had some nice carries as well. He's not mentioned much in these reports mostly because Jamaal shined so much. I don't know that Lasike will get much time on the field this year but he should be a contributor definitely down the road

@CT98
    I don't know an exact number but most of the lower half of the West sidelines were filled. You probably won't see it in pictures because the pictures were taken from West to East and no one was allowed in the end zone stands or east stands due to the construction on the scoreboards and the stadium in general. Probably a 1-2 thousand people in attendance I'd guess.

• I Love Lamp Layton, UT
    Aug. 10, 2012 12:10 p.m.

What? A black guy on the BYU football team? Of course he's a novelty and fan-favorite for BYU faithful.

• BlueHusky Mission Viejo, CA
    Aug. 10, 2012 2:14 p.m.

@I Love Lamp
    Where have you been for the last 20 years?

• Rikitikitavi Cardston, Alberta
    Aug. 11, 2012 4:52 a.m.

@ILL
    You certainly have been doing the Rip Van Winkle impression thing (very badly I might add) for several decades now. There is not room on this site to begin to list all the "black guys" on the squad at BYU. "Novelty" is not even close to being appropriate, but many have indeed been fan favorites and again this list is far to long to bother with.