U.S. & World

Vice President Joe Biden faults Mitt Romney for not releasing tax returns

Comments

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    July 10, 2012 12:15 p.m.

Interesting - I guess Biden WANTS to be further embarassed by what a tight-wad he is compared to Romney in his charitable giving.

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    July 10, 2012 12:16 p.m.

Romney doesn't live up to the openness that his father represented when he ran for president 44 years ago. The vice president said Romney's father, George Romney, released 12 years of tax returns when he unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination in 1968.

I wonder how his father would have felt running against someone hiding offshore accounts?
    He must be turning in his grave.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    July 10, 2012 12:20 p.m.

I'd bet donald trump could get him to release them.

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    July 10, 2012 3:45 p.m.

Joe Biden is the biggest tight wad, self-righteous hypocrite of all - gives nothing to charity while Romney gave millions.

"Imagine what the Supreme Court will look like after four years of Governor Romney," Biden said, according to the excerpts. "Imagine what it will act like.... "

Hey Joe - you can thank the conservative John Roberts for upholding Obamacare. Too bad we didn't have another liberal in his place to help strike down that law.

• Furry1993 Clearfield, UT
    July 11, 2012 7:26 a.m.

Romney has already been caught omitting the existence of a business entity owned by him and Ann from his financial disclosure statements. That deliberate omission was caught through a review of the one tax return he has seen fit to release. I wonder how many others he "forgot" to include.

I don't care that Mitt has money. I do care, however, how he made it and how many people he hurt in the process. I care that he refuses to give us the information we need to evaluate his qualifications to be president. I care that he refuses to give more than just wide-ranging platitudes concerning what he will do as president.

We didn't have enough to completely evaluata Obama in 2008. I don't want the country to have the same problem this time with Romney. Romney says, in effect, "you can trust me" but refuses to provide evidence that his statement is believable. I don't want to buy (to use the old adage) a pig in a poke. That's what we have with Romney now. No, thanks.

• Gr8Dane Tremonton, UT
    July 11, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Can you say, "Red Herring?" Look it up.

Democrats are desperate. This is all they've got?

Show us the Fast and Furious Documents, then too, Joe. If you want to talk transparency. And throw in a Birth Certificate and College Transcripts while you're at it.