5 questions with Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor

Comments

• OrlandoJazzFan Winter Springs, FL
    July 8, 2012 5:54 a.m.

Does this article say anything? Is this time of year so slow that we ask such ridiculous questions and then publish O'Conner's meaningless answers. Hardly worth the space in the paper... Shame on you Rock. Ask some tough questions like - When are we going to trade for some outside shooting? Marvin and Mo are not going to do it for us.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    July 8, 2012 7:12 a.m.

@OrlandoJazzFan: I agree with your assessment of the questions, and KOC often gives sort of vague answers like he did here. I do think, though, that the Jazz have upgraded their outside shooting at both SF and PG with Marvin and Mo, and their draft pick Kevin Martin could turn out to be an outstanding shooter coming off the bench. Also, unlike a lot of contributors here, I think that the Jazz can overcome losing Jefferson offensively as their top four young players develop their shots. As for some supporting him as a defensive player, I can't believe what I read here sometimes.

• nothegame Saratoga Springs, UT
    July 8, 2012 10:27 a.m.

The Jazz would be fine without Jefferson. Everybody thinks that we need to make up the points without him but the ball would move better and other players would take up the slack. 2nd our D would improve also. That said there is a lot of time left. We don't need to trade him right now.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    July 8, 2012 2:30 p.m.

oops...I meant draft pick Kevin Murphy.

@nothegame, I agree with your comments, although if the Jazz wait until Jefferson's contract ends next summer, they might not get anything for him. The one thing I think must happen from day one of the coming season is for Favors to start. He deserves it, and so do we.

• fortydam OREM, UT
    July 8, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Murphy should be a great shooter! Jefferson needs to go! Millsap needs to stay! Burks needs to play!

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT