Utah

Poll: Mike Winder, Mark Crockett in tight race as GOP primary nears

Comments

• courthousesnitch Salt Lake City, UT
    June 24, 2012 1:12 a.m.

Poll certain explains why Winder saw it necessary to go negative this week. Interesting that many respondents brought up Burwash. Seems this issue will not die! Does Mark really fare better against McDreamy? That would be a fun race to watch. Crockett/McDreamy all the way!

• Tri Man South Jordan, UT, UT
    June 24, 2012 8:25 a.m.

Mike if you really think you can win in November, I'd check the expiration date on the milk your drinking, it's gone bad. Burwash is going to haunt you for a long time.

• watchman Salt Lake City, UT
    June 24, 2012 9:24 a.m.

According to the poll apparently many of the voters still do not know the truth about West Valley's budget problems and Winder's part in adding to them. His effect has been somewhat different than what he has expounded in the campaign.

• Utah_1 Salt Lake City, UT
    June 24, 2012 7:41 p.m.

Mel Nimer is someone I trust that has the knowledge, experience and ideas to tackle the Salt Lake County size of government, taxes, and budget.

• Lead Farmer OREM, UT
    June 24, 2012 8:12 p.m.

"Winder holds a 48 percent to 42 percent lead over Crockett."

It saddens me how many of my fellow Republicans refuse to do their homework on the candidates in every race. Too many people vote only on whose signs they've seen the most. Winder has clearly won the sign war.

I honestly don't know any informed Republicans who support Winder. He is dishonest, has a very liberal record, and is just a flat-out not nice guy. Crockett is the opposite of all those things.

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 24, 2012 8:23 p.m.

I trust Crockett. I do not trust Winder.

Enough said.

• watchman Salt Lake City, UT
    June 24, 2012 8:53 p.m.

Trust--Integrity--Principles

Three things that should be priorities in this election.

• Utah_1 Salt Lake City, UT
    June 25, 2012 6:38 a.m.

• Mark Reece
    June 26, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Due to a longstanding policy, a comment moratorium is in place on all election-related stories for 24 hours on the day of a planned election. Users will be able to resume comments on political stories beginning Wednesday, June 27, at 12:01 a.m. Thanks for reading, and for understanding our policy.