U.S. & World

May Day protesters demonstrate, try to close businesses

Threatening letters containing a white powder sent to banks, mayor

Comments

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    May 1, 2012 2:58 p.m.

take a close look at the clueless rabble in this photo - 90% of these fools couldn't pass a 5th grade history test or 9th grade economics class.

• esodije ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    May 1, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Wow--literally hundreds of protesters! The rest undoubtedly stayed home, puffed on a joint, and said, "Whatever, dude."

• Cats Somewhere in Time, UT
    May 1, 2012 4:41 p.m.

How approriate that they should chose May Day since it is the traditional day for the celebration of Communism around the world. They were probably singing "The International" too.

• annewandering oakley, idaho
    May 1, 2012 5:27 p.m.

Actually they were singing Occupy Wall Street but I never did hear anything about "The International". Of course I watch the Tim Pool's live stream which he has been doing for 12 hours straight today, not some quicky video from the major news networks..

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    May 1, 2012 7:09 p.m.

too bad obama was in afganistan and not with his followers. these guys are absolutely clueless, that why they want obama

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    May 1, 2012 8:19 p.m.

Hey Cats, the first May Day celebration was held in Chicago in defense of labor's rights, which you obviously have little regard for.

• Cats Somewhere in Time, UT
    May 1, 2012 8:30 p.m.

Dear Marxist: I have little regard for Communists!

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    May 1, 2012 11:12 p.m.

Cats, I am not much of a communist in that I don't want a repeat of Soviet style socialism. I favor the varieties of worker owned and managed enterprises which are growing in places like Spain (the Mondragon cooperatives) and Argentina (you can read about these in Wikipedia).

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    May 2, 2012 4:42 a.m.

And they are all voting for Obama and for dismantling Congress. Aren't these the ones who most posters said would go away with the first winter frost? Well guess what? It's spring time and warming up--just like the 99%ers. While you sat in your Lazy Boys and talked about their hair length, they spent the day moving a nation. I love these people. You who would rather stand on the side and criticize--"please get out of the new road if you can't lend a hand..." I would add, "you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, but looking at Obamas poll #'s, it appears that you're already sunk.