Weber State's Damian Lillard going pro after dominating Big Sky

Comments

• Fred T PHOENIX, AZ
    April 4, 2012 4:32 a.m.

Good luck to the kid. He is no Michael Richardson. I saw Richardson play and he absolutley dominated.

If Lillard makes it in the NBA he can thank the dilution of the league by college jumping after one or two years in college.

I hope he follows up and gets his degree.
    I'll watch for him in the DL next year.

• Louisiana Cougar Pineville, LA
    April 4, 2012 4:59 a.m.

I am a big Lillard fan and wish him well. . . but think he will end up in Europe. Unfortunately, he is "getting old" as a draft choice. Perhaps he will stick in the NBA, but there are just so many talented guards on squads that ride the pine.

Thanks, Damian, for an exciting career at Weber State!

• Wildcat O-town, UT
    April 4, 2012 7:40 a.m.

Thanks Lillard--it was fun watching you.

I think Lillard will do well. He plays a team concept, and last I checked, there are four other players on the court with the same jersey. He doesn't have to huck up 30 shots per game like the Fredette did. Look at where Fredette's over-zealousness to shoot the ball has landed him--in the coach's doghouse.

I think his overall skills, sharp play, and team focus will make him successful in the NBA. Best of luck!

• reggieaggie Logan, ut
    April 4, 2012 10:13 a.m.

First round draft pick. He is very good. Great all around player. I like him, coming from USU Aggie fan. He is legit NBA player.

• three11stu Saratoga Springs, UT
    April 4, 2012 10:26 a.m.

Well, seeing how he is projected to go anywhere from 8-20, he is making a pretty good choice.

• Wildfan Ogden, UT
    April 4, 2012 4:23 p.m.

Damian is a pleasure to watch, thanks for representing your team and university well. I look forward to watching you in the NBA for many years to come. Damian has NBA size, skills and intelligence. He may or may not end up an all-star, but he certainly has the tools and work ethic to have a successful career. Go Wildcats!