Utah

Now about that 'creek' running through City Creek...

Comments

• NedGrimley Brigham City, UT
    March 30, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Dang it.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    March 30, 2012 10:52 a.m.

I wonder how long those trout are expected to survive in a stream of flowing tap water? The city adds so many chemicals to it I'd be surprised if the trout can last long. I don't think trout need flouride in their water.

• PookyBear84010 KAYSVILLE, UT
    March 30, 2012 12:29 p.m.

When I kept goldfish, I used tap water. Pet stores sold an additive to neutralize the chlorine and make it livable for the fish. Perhaps there's something similar for this "creek."

• Drew1house PLEASANT GROVE, UT
    March 30, 2012 1:29 p.m.

Having had fish in my home for a very long time... I can tell you that if you set tap water out over night the Chlorine and Florine gas come out of the water and the fish are fine. If you tumble the water the water with water falls etc it makes this happen even faster. With the plants etc I bet they ran this for a week or 2 before they put the fish in it... adding 10% more water from the tap due to evaporation is no big deal at all. What might be a big deal is to continually add without totally draining as the hard water minerals build up. They should drain 50% of the water every couple of months to get rid of the concentrated minerals...

• trekker Salt Lake, UT
    March 30, 2012 2:54 p.m.

I hope people in Utah including my grandparents learn its pronounced creek not crick.

• RicoS Orem, UT
    April 1, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Actually, trekker, both pronunciations are correct. I share your preference for the first pronunciation (at least, that's how I hope I pronounce it), but I can't say that the second one is wrong. And I hardly think that "crick" is unique to Utah.

• Stenar Salt Lake City, UT
    April 2, 2012 1:16 a.m.

Anyone seriously believed this was the real creek???

• Kia Kaha St George, UT
    Dec. 22, 2012 8:02 a.m.

$140 million for the creek?