U.S. & World

Poll: Obama's a Muslim to many GOP voters

Comments

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    March 12, 2012 5:06 p.m.

Don't believe Utah folks would fair much different in this poll, judging by the weekly emails I get from the same people who want so badly to believe what they hear on the radio, that they don't care much for facts anymore.

Presidential elections have become "Reality TV" because of endless money to fund these contestants (GOP hopefuls.)

Gingrich on fox sunday morning has lost all reality.

• JWB Kaysville, UT
    March 12, 2012 8:38 p.m.

In listening to Newt over the years, Newt cares about Newt. He hasnÂt changed much on his own reality. It would be interesting to see him on a reality show as those people have to work with one another, to a point. That is not Newt.

• tabuno Clearfield, UT
    March 12, 2012 9:34 p.m.

I wonder how many Americans know what Romney's religion is? Why the discrimination? Is it racial? After three years in office half of the GOP voters don't know what the religion our President is and believe that he's a Muslim, says more about the voting public and who they elect into office than it is about Obama. Perhaps the people deserve who they get.

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    March 12, 2012 10:09 p.m.

And my question is why does it matter if he is a Muslim. The last time I checked, being a Muslim is not illegal. Does being a Muslim automatically exclude one from being President? I work side-by-side with an American citizen who happens to be Muslim. I'd stack his knowledge and love of this country up against any other American. Being Muslim doesn't mean being anti-American.

For the record, I don't think President Obama is a Muslim, but I wouldn't care if he was.

• Baccus0902 Leesburg, VA
    March 13, 2012 11:54 a.m.

"By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community"
    Oscar Wilde

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 13, 2012 12:45 p.m.

@tabuno
    I remember a few months ago there was a poll (I forget if it was national or for a state) and almost half couldn't identify that Romney was LDS. Maybe some of those were people who thought "I don't think he's LDS... isn't he Mormon?".