Utah Jazz 'Millslap' Nuggets for a 106-96 victory

Comments

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 15, 2012 8:34 p.m.

The games is over we win by 10, but a terrible game from the refs. It was as bad as it gets, one sided calls all night. Then our achilles heel showed again, can't make free throws, free throws, free throws, just terrible! The NBA needs to do something about these outragous refs. It's rotten

• Bluewombat8 Cedar Hills, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 8:37 p.m.

I agree the refs were terrible all game long, but for our young learning team to still rise above the officiating and win by 10 in a place just weeks ago we got ran off the court is amazing. I thought Corbin wouldn't be a good coach for our team but he is proving me so so wrong. Corbin has this team playing defense and hustling, keep it going Jazz!!!! I love it

• Veracity Morgan, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 8:53 p.m.

Just a while back, this Denver team took the jazz to the woodshed...my how things have turned.

The Trailblazer fan said the Jazz were done and the Blazers are on the move...he was right, the Blazers are headed down and the surging Jazz are headed up...sorry Trailblazer fan from Utah.

Congrats Jazz...your looking gooooood.

• Hugh G. Hater Swat Lake City, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:53 p.m.

Milsap stepped up and put this team in control.

• UkJazz W-Ton, Uk
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:54 p.m.

Oh Boy where to start ? Without doubt the best performance by a Ty Corbin coached Jazz team. Everybody did what they were supposed to n the Nuggets had no answer.

To win back to back & @ Denver is rare event for the Jazz, the offence is starting to click and EVERYBODY is trying so v hard on the defensive end.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm watching it "live" in the early hours here in the Uk. After watching games like tonight it's all worth while.....

Keep on evolving guys, because right now it's a joy to watch.....

• hoghead sandy, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Hate to say it, but Corbin has this team playing better defense in just a couple of months than any Sloan team played. Team chemistry is the key. Don't get selfish and let the ball go to whomever is hot at the time. How are those blazers doing? Honor code just had another b ball team he cheers for go down.

• Seven27 Ogden, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 10:10 p.m.

UKJazz, I'm right there with you! Staying up so late here in Scotland to watch the Jazz, and nights like tonight make it so very worth it. Millsap and Jefferson look really good.

String a few together, Jazz!

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    Jan. 15, 2012 10:41 p.m.

Great win for the Jazz. I am now a Coach Corbin fan as it takes coaching talent win with such a young team on a consistent basis. This bodes well for the future as long as they keep the team together.

• UkJazz W-Ton, Uk
    Jan. 15, 2012 10:42 p.m.

@ Seven27

glad I'm not the only one !!!!

Enjoy your single malt n battered Mars Bar !!!!

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    Jan. 15, 2012 11:04 p.m.

At least you guys can watch the games - hardly any coverage at all over here - only 3 games a week on tv here in Australia - So I get all info from the net!

I wonder if KOC is going to use the trade exception to get a starting 2 !

• UkJazz W-Ton, Uk
    Jan. 15, 2012 11:33 p.m.

@ Wombat1247

I pay for the NBA International League Pass.....

All in glorious HD :-)

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 12:27 a.m.

@ Portland dude, johnson 72, dukester and all the other Jazz haters and negative nellies out there, one thing I just want to tell ya: SCORE BOARD baby!!!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Jan. 16, 2012 1:03 a.m.

Wow! Great game and best of all ... the silence from the TrailBlazer fan is just deafening.

Silence is golden.

• B-ST-G2 Paris, France
    Jan. 16, 2012 6:00 a.m.

UK Jazz / Seven27 / Wombat1247

I'm in Paris and have purchased the NBA INtl League Pass for past several years. It's great!

• myvision7 Golden, CO
    Jan. 16, 2012 6:23 a.m.

Pretty sure that Millsap is the starting Power Forward and not Small Forward. Anyway I love the fact I get to shove it in the faces of all the guys at work here in Denver after getting it so bad the last game. The team is so young I hope Corbin can keep them focused through the season.

• fortydam OREM, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 7:06 a.m.

Well the Jazz went to bed last night a bottom dweller in the sports media word, as well as most of the NBA. As of this morning the sports media outlets are taking the Jazz seriously. They have become blue collar darling of sorts, void of any big obnoxious stars. Now teams will take them seriously. Their defense is starting to get a reputation! That's right a Jazz team known for defense.

To beat Denver at their place, without Howard and Favors shows you just how deep and interchangeable this players are. Even though I thought Jefferson was going to let them back in the game with his hands up, bailing away from the interior when a player go's up. Millsap carried the team playing like MJ, he was a monster on both ends of the floor. Hayward looks confident! If he gets his mojo back, we could be in for a treat. Bell is playing better, he and Howard have set the tone for this defense.

I think the Jazz sit on the player exception until the trade deadline. If they have a legit shot at a run in the playoffs, they may use it to bolster their lineup. If they are content to develop their younger guys, and take what ever record that course of action gets them. Then I think they use the trade exception this summer to fill any roster spot they loose. I think they need a huge upgrade at point guard. Harris can play the two some, he is better there than the point! Burks, and Hayward could fill the two also.

• JP Chandler, AZ
    Jan. 16, 2012 7:20 a.m.

Remember all the preseason chatter about trading Millsap and the continual talk of him being too small to play power forward? Somehow everyone always forgets in the off-season how awesome this guy is.

• louisiana jazz man Dubach, LA
    Jan. 16, 2012 7:34 a.m.

all i been reading is let's trade millsap for a shooter. he is to short' if he was 7 ' he couldn't move like he does. that is what sets him apart quick enough to go around but stout enough to bang.bad thing is if he does read these blogs that been saying let's trade millsap he may remember that and the gm talking to the media about wanting to trade him' when his contract is up.

• The Great Houdini Rye, CO
    Jan. 16, 2012 7:50 a.m.

cj another no-show,he`s alraedy had his game of the month

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 7:58 a.m.

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    Jan. 16, 2012 8:02 a.m.

Millsap is the "people's choice" and rightfully so. However, let's not get carried away about the rest of the squad. Over half the team is on notice. The "power pups" are not going away. Once the Jazz get a good young point guard, then it's time to celebrate.

• HugMe Logan, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 8:29 a.m.

This team is fun to watch. They were passing the ball so well. I even saw Jefferson pass the ball.

Right now this team has no egos. Nobody pouting because they don't get the number of shots they want. I hope this continues. Corbin is dong a great job.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 8:46 a.m.

Those who blasted me for predicting 30-35 wins this season seem to have disappeared. Where is the guy / girl who said "no way the Jazz win more than 15 games this year". I still think they will have some more bad games and might even lose 2 or 3 in a row at some time this season but I now believe they will be in the playoffs. Corbin is a good coach and the players are really playing well as a team. Every player has contributed to wins on the current streak. It is becomming more evident that Bell still has quite a bit to offer and even Miles has played well at times. This team will only get better.

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 9:22 a.m.

@ute alumni "chris andersen is such a role model. any wonder why interest in the nba is down?"

You mean Chris Andersen who overcame drug addiction to become a contributing member of society?

Yeah, with our prisons full of people convicted of drug offenses, we don't want any more stories of recovery and redemption.

"However, Chris Andersen (aka the Birdman) hasnt always had such a successful life and career as he has recently. His story is an inspiration to anyone in recovery. See, the Birdman grew up in Texas, where by 11 years-old, his father had placed him and his sister in a childrens home. They spent almost 3 ½ years there before there mom was able to regain custody. Nonetheless, when looking back on it, Chris Andersen has always said he made the best of that time."

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 9:36 a.m.

@UA

"When people think of Andersen, theyll likely label him a druggie and say he threw away a 4-year, $14 million contract because he couldnt resist the party scene. Theyll ignore the fact that the termination of a long-term relationship with a Denver woman sank him deep into depression after moving to New Orleans and that he lost his house to Hurricane Katrina."

"Although Andersen was certainly a personality, he helped with charity work, gave back to his community by working often with local schools. He probably should have been working on his free throws, he often spent time during warm-ups handing out t-shirts and playfully interacting with young fans. Before he knew it, Denver, New Orleans and Oklahoma City had all fallen in love with him."

Bad things happen to good people, rich people, too. It seems Andersen has turned his life around. Good for him. That's what many see when they look at the Bird Man, not the tats.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," or "The LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart, apply.

• The Great Houdini Rye, CO
    Jan. 16, 2012 9:48 a.m.

If Anderson really is clean good for him,but 99% go back to using,I know that personally,I`m rooting for him

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 10:00 a.m.

The nugs will never get any blessings with so many tattoos.

• Millsap fan Taylorsville, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 10:10 a.m.

Jp,
    You said it! I've had people tell me hes a dime a dozen and there are plenty of hard working undersized bigs in the nba who have heart! anyone with half a brain knows millsap is one of a kind! They say he can't compete against true bigs in the league.... How about 26 points and 12 rebounds against nene! Or 29 against gasol. Last season he had his career best against the likes of the big three in miami, known as one of the best defenses in the nba. The next night, he schooled dwight howard!

Millsap doesn't just compete against tough defenses, he thrives in them and thats when he plays his best ball! Millsap fan for life!

• blauch Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 10:13 a.m.

Millsap and Jefferson are finally playing well together. On NBA TV last night they interviewed Millsap and when they asked about Jefferson, Millsap was quite frank saying they did not get along very well last year and they did not mesh on the court. Too bad we traded Williams because if he was able to mesh with Jefferson and Millsap this team would be elite. Add in Matthews (who the Jazz never should have let go) and we would be one of the best 2 young teams in the West (with OK City).

• NYJazzFan East Elmhurst, NY
    Jan. 16, 2012 10:47 a.m.

You can be the best X and O's guy in the business but if your team doesn't believe in you then you as a coach will fail. Seems like the players believe in Corbin because Corbin believes in his players. Sorta like Rex Ryan without the big mouth. Good job coach!! Go Jazz!!!

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 12:31 p.m.

irrational::
    so having idiotic tats all over his body with the big pierced eyes is what I want my kids to emulate. guess you feel the same ways. I'm glad tats and drug users go hand in hand.

• LAJazzFan Los Angeles, CA
    Jan. 16, 2012 2:21 p.m.

Well, I have to admit that I was one of those guys who thought Millsap should be traded for a wing/shooter at the beginning of the season. I also thought Big Al was a black hole with uninspiring defense. Glad I'm not the GM.

Very impressive win, with Howard not playing and Favors going out early. Sap, Hayward and Harris all elevated their game.

I predicted to a friend at the beginning of the season that the Jazz would only win 20-25 games this season. At the end of Dec, I wondered if I was too optimistic. Although the Jazz still need a consistent outside shooter, I now am thinking 40 plus wins is a possibility.

Shelve the talk about draft picks in June.

• Wombat1247 Mount Beauty, VIC
    Jan. 16, 2012 3:52 p.m.

Draft picks in June - at the moment we lose our pick to the T'Wolves & will be lucky to get the Warriors pick. The West though is very even & tough - lose a few and could be the difference of being 3/4 or 9/10 in the West!

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Jan. 16, 2012 4:39 p.m.

For all the Sap doubters a saying when i was young "It is not the size of the dog in the fight is is the size of the fight in the dog.." If he is too small to be a power forward look at last nights stats..

• Dustin Idaho Falls, ID
    Jan. 16, 2012 6:47 p.m.

Milsap is one player who I have seen improve his game every season. He is the only player we have who should be completely untouchable in trade talks. I think the reason Milsap and Big Al didn't mesh last year is because they both played the same position. Milsap was used to being down low because Boozer was a high post guy. Credit again goes to Milsap for learning to play away from the basket. Right now, this team reminds me of the Pistons during their most recent championship season. There didn't appear to be one set leader on the team. Someone would come out every night and be that guy whether it was Rasheed, Prince, Billups, Hamilton.

I agree with what has been said before about defense. I've watched Sloan's teams for years, and I never saw this kind of team defense going on. This is great because even on off nights, we can still rely on our defense to keep us close.

Not sure I want to see any trades right now. Even with a few weaknesses, this is a vital time for our young guys to develop. We don't need someone new to teach everything to.