Jazz lose overtime heartbreaker to Lakers, 90-87

Comments

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    Jan. 11, 2012 10:23 p.m.

This was a tough loss of a very winable game. Milsap gave a valliant effort to try and win this game, but could have used more help from his supporting cast. Josh Howard provided some spark though.

Our guards were seriously outplayed especially Harris. Point guard is a major weakness on this team and I hope we see a change there soon.

Many of us have reconized that we need a big 7' defensive stopper in the middle for teams like Dallas and the Lakers. Tonight you could see why. Maybe Favors being on the floor more than just 10 minutes would have helped.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    Jan. 11, 2012 10:29 p.m.

Great game by Milsap. He is so good around the basket, unlike his teammate Jefferson, who is a non-factor when the paint gets packed in. Favors plays taller than Jefferson and when Favors and Kanter were in the game, Bynum and Gasol had all kinds of problems on offense. I think coach should have let Favors and Kanter play more...and Hayward should have played more in the second half. Even though his shot was off, he is so good at keeping the offense moving. Watson's play at point definitely superior to Harris's in this game. All in all, fun game to watch. Go Jazz.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Jan. 11, 2012 10:32 p.m.

Coming into the season, I was looking forward to watching the young talent develop. My expectations were that of hard work and positive growth. I did not put stock into playoff berths or championship contention.

I have enjoyed watching the Jazz and the winning streak has peaked my interest a little more. That said, I have been confident I would not get worked up over losses this year. That all changes with the Lakers. Why? because I can't stand them and the Jazz never beat them. Just one time please!

• Tyler Ray Taylorsville, UT
    Jan. 11, 2012 10:49 p.m.

Excellent effort despite the loss, but the true colors of Devin Harris and CJ Miles showed brightly tonight. GET 'EM BOTH OUT OF UTAH!

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    Jan. 11, 2012 10:50 p.m.

i think...during clutch...the Jazz should look for Hayward...i think he could be a clutch performer for us...right now...its hard to look for a guy who can consistently score on mid range for us...maybe josh Howard for this game should have taken the final shot...i think overall it was a very good game...we held them just 90 points...we just had a rough night shooting the ball...

• Draft dumbie Farmington, UT
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:31 p.m.

I love the way the Jazz are playing right now.

My only disappointment is that Gordon Hayward has become too scared to take almost any shot whatsover--quite the opposite of who he was in college, and at the end of last season. What happened to that confident kid who almost led Butler to a national title upset over Duke? Multiple times over the past several games, Hayward has driven past his man, creating the opportunity for a good shot in the paint, but then has passed up the shot under the guise of being unselfish and attempting an assist.

Case in point--with about 11 seconds left in overtime tonight, with the Jazz down by one, Hayward drove by his man to the basket. But, rather than taking the ball up strong for a dunk or to draw a foul, he passed off last minute to Jefferson who was standing only about two feet away (Jefferson was lucky to field the pass, and then got his shot blocked).

I was expecting Hayward to be a leader on this team, which requires a willingness to take big shots, but lately, he seems to have lost his "mojo."

• Dukester VANCOUVER, WA
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:40 p.m.

Great shooting...

Harris 1 - 6
    Hayward 1 - 7
    Watson 0 - 4
    Burk 1 - 4

East High School does better than that.

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:42 p.m.

My thoughts;

1- Great effort, the Jazz did not back down, and I think we just saw how good our team is

2- The Jazz look SO much better defensively this year.

3- Kobe is still the best in the game, whoever said he was 7th is not very smart. LeBron does not have a clutch gene is his body. I hate Kobe, but he is the best, plain and simple.

4- The Jazz are a good team, they play hard defense, and mostly everyone contributes

5- The Lakers no longer have the big height advantage over the Jazz.

6- It took Pau Gasol hitting a 3 to beat the Jazz. I gues you got to live with that.

7- The Lakers got worse this year. They lost Odom, they are older. Steve Blake and Derek Fisher are not going to cut it.

8- Josh Howard was a great pick up and the Jazz need to lock him up for a couple years by offering a contract soon.

9- The Jazz still need a go to guy in the clutch, Howard was great tonight

10- Devin Harris? Anyone seen him? Some help tonight would have been nice.

• Dukester VANCOUVER, WA
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:43 p.m.

Terrible shooting from Harris, Hayward, Watson, and Burke. Terrible...terrible...terrible

• Dukester VANCOUVER, WA
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:48 p.m.

Jody,

Do you relly believe that there was "gutzy defense" from Bell? His man got 40 tonight and a couple of nights ago his man was held to a 32 point effort. Not gutzy defense...no defense!

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:56 p.m.

@Dukester

Yes, it absolutely was gutsy defense. Did you watch the end of regulation? Raja fought him hard. Show me one player who can "D" up Kobe.

• Dukester VANCOUVER, WA
    Jan. 11, 2012 11:59 p.m.

Good defense cannot be considered by one or two plays in a game. Its overall performance for the entire game. Not just tonight but every night.

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:00 a.m.

@Dukester

I will agree though, I have been disappointed in Devin Harris pretty much since he got to Utah. He was worthless tonight and should have had a field day with 97 year old Derek Fisher on him.....

• Carnak Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:03 a.m.

I think that Hayward will some day be a fine player. However, someone needs to tell him what my dad taught me when I was 5. When you drive to the basket you are taking the man guarding you with you. Therefore when you get to the hoop, you must either shoot it or draw the defense TO YOU and THEN dish. Loved how Hayward drove the lane on the last Jazz possession and then handed the ball to Jefferson. What was he supposed to do with it? at that point he was guarded by Bynum (7 foot) and Gasol was in the lane (7 foot) and now Hayward's man was also standing right next to Jefferson curtesy of Hayward taking his man to Jefferson.

Also next time Hayward drives to the basket and then throws the ball back out past the three point line, I'm going to lose it. Again when I was 5 dad tells me " when you drive and leave your feet, you better know what you are going to do with the ball BEFORE you jump."

• chiefbrady Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:23 a.m.

Much better effort tonight than when we first played the Lakers. I think we're getting better though - and for a young team like we have, that's great!

Grades:
    Millsap = A+ (really wish we had three of him)
    Howard = A (still don't like him personally but he played huge tonight)
    Jefferson = C- ($212,000 per game? Really?)
    Hayward = D- (two pts and passed on too many shots - i.e., the potential game winner???)
    Bell = C- (Woulda been an F but he came out strong. Refs limited him too)
    Harris = D+ (1-7 shooting sucks but five dimes in 31 mins)
    Watson = D+ (why did we let Ronnie Price go again?)
    Miles = D+ (he needs an "airball" penalty clause in his contract)
    Favors = C+ (five rebounds and four pts in only 12 mins? c'mon coach!)
    Burks = D+ (four shots in three mins of play? really?)
    Kanter = C- (four boards, three points and a block in 10 mins)

Corbin - D+ (why didn't Evans play??? why not call a time out with 11 seconds? why don't you look at your bench during the game sometime?)

Overall, big improvement from last Laker game but lots to work on guys.

Go Jazz!!!

• Americanvet Ivins, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:26 a.m.

@ dukester

The Jazz are a very young team that will experience some growing pains this year but on an off shooting night they took one of the best teams in the league into overtime. Maybe that's hard for you to see because you're so busy looking over the stat sheet to find the worst shooting numbers on the team tonight to try to discredit the Jazz for a great effort.

Kobe scored his points but nobody in the world can guard him one on one. I thought Bell did a nice job forcing him to make some tough shots. This was a winnable game for the Jazz and when they are more experienced they will win these games.

Sounds like East High must have a great team though this year:)

• SnipeHookyoFace Farmington, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:52 a.m.

11 min for Favors and 9 for Kanter? Aren't we supposed to use our bigs against other bigs?!?!?

• Hugh G. Hater SLC, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 6:59 a.m.

How much longer will the poor guard play be ignored by the coaching staff?
    This game was winnable. Bell, Harris, and Hayward are black holes on this team. Time to start Watson and Howard!

• as186451 Bellevue, WA
    Jan. 12, 2012 7:13 a.m.

Until the Jazz get a true 7' center to start, they will have continue to have issues with the same teams (Lakers, Spurs, etc...). Jefferson is not the answer here (Mark Gasol gave him fits inside the other night. I know some folks will say "but he does score a lot of points for the Jazz" How many does he give up on "D" when he is asked to guard a true center? How many points does he lose out on because he cannot score on a decent 7' and will not pass the ball back out?

• fortydam OREM, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 7:22 a.m.

I agree we should have left our biggest lineup in the game that second half. Corbin should have used Millsap at the three where he dominates Barnes and Artest all night. Kanters small stint,derailed there twin towers the entire time he was in there. His rotation on the pick and roll shut down the mid range game also. This kid is ready for big minutes! ChiefBrady giving him a C- is absurd! What he pulled off in 10 minutes against those guys was a solid A+ performance. We can still point the same glaring problems.

Jefferson's inability to pass and his weak defensive effort on the pick and roll. Haywards lack of confidence, and inability to shoot his way out of this slump. This kid is better than this! Weak play from our point guards! Confidence from anyone shooting the ball from outside! And for those of you who don't care for Howard, you must have a short memory. This guy was an all star, and could be one of the best players on the roster.

• Unlucky HEBER CITY, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 7:39 a.m.

Jazz fans make me laugh. I follow them mostly to get a chuckle out of fans when they play. I have never seen so much changing of opinion from one game to the next.

Burks is going to be only a slight upgrade over CJ, both love to shoot and aren't that good at it.

Hayward gets way more credit from you fans than he deserves. He is never going to be a star. Mike Dunleavy Jr at best.

Favors also isn't as good as the fans think. Coaches see the players every day and know who will give what. Favors will never be any better than Drew Gooden.

The Jazz will never be a serious contender until the coaches, team, management and fans quit thinking moral victories. There is never such a thing as a good loss or a bad win.

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:21 a.m.

Last nights game is now history. But if our coaching staff and fans reflect back to the stat sheets it makes one wonder where the game mindset was. Kobe played 43 min, Bynum 40 min, Gasol 47 min & Fisher 36 min, our main guys were Milsap 41 min, Jefferson 43 min, Bell 34 min, Howard 34 min, & Harris 31 min. The point here is only 2 of those players were really effective with min played, Kobe(40pts) & Milsap(29pts). I can't see why Burks, Kanter, Favors, and even Evans who never gets any minutes all didn't get more playing time, because quite frankly Big Al, and Bell did not deserve or play well enough to get that much PT.
    Give the young fella's a chance to measure up and see what they can do or need to improve on Ty! This game wasn't for any championship or anything, what we need is development of our youth, and playing against these Laker players was a good place to get that. Against lower level competition improves conditioning but doesn't let them know where they need to be in this league. Play them more mins Ty!

• CJ Murray, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:21 a.m.

The game was great, the behavior of Lakers fans after the game was beyond despicable. They have no class at all and they are an embarrassment to their team. What did any of these guys do to win the game? They stand around taunting, swearing, and acting like a bunch of unruly two year old kids. They need to go back to L.A. where they truly fit in.

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:33 a.m.

To much detail probaly in that first post but here is a very important stat I believe that should be looked at. In approx 24 total minutes by Kanter, Favors and Burks they got 12 rebounds. Our team total for 265 minutes was 46. In other words the 3 mentioned players got just over 25% of the total team rebounds with 11% of the total team minutes played. Go figure?

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Come one Jazz fans, how can you rag on Corbin? Fortydam and chiefbrady. What are you guys watching?

-The Jazz are not turning the ball over this year much, they have one of the best rates in the league for that

-The Jazz are looking good on defense. Remember in past year? Jam the middle and give stand up 3 pointers all game? The one Gasol hit was garbage, I will take Gasol shooting a 3 to take the ball out of Kobe's hands any day. It was a fluke that he hit that.

-The Jazz are playing with energy, and looking good as a team. This is with really no pre season or training camp. The first few games were brutal with no camp and tough opponents.

-Why should they have played Jeremy Evans?? I like the guy, but he cannot shoot and he is a liability on defense. I like his potential but are you going to take minutes away from your best players to put him in against the Lakers? I think not.

Good job Ty, keep up the good work. The Jazz will have ups and downs as a young team, so far so good.

• Brahmabull sandy, ut
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Unlucky - sounds like you have a little too much time on your hands if you only follow these articles to see how the fans react...

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Dukester.
    Late in the 4th quarter, Kobe was 6 for 16 while being guarded by Bell. Yes, it was a gutsy defense. As usual, every questionable call was in favor of mr. superstar.
    This game shows how far the Jazz have come in the past 16 days. My guess is they will continue to improve and will finish the season with 30-35 wins with a chance at a playoff spot.

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 8:58 a.m.

Not sure why everyone is calling for Jeremy Evans? I would rather have Al, Millsap, Favors and Kanter in people, and Josh Howard at the 3. Who do you suggest we take minutes from to put Evans in for. And let's give Raja some credit, he played Kobe as well as you can. The fact that Kobe had 40 does not mean Raja did not play well. Kobe is the definition of unguardable. The Jazz are playing well.

@Unlucky

It is not a moral victory. I do not believe in that. However, I am more encouraged that it took Pau Gasol hitting a fluke 3 to get past the Jazz then the Jazz getting blown out at home. By the way, Favors is the real deal, he is only 20 though. I am not that high on Burks though, we do not need another Ronnie Brewer. I like his athleticism, but I hope he develops a shot.

• Nevada fan Washoe Valley, NV
    Jan. 12, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Whoa everybody. This was a playoff type of game! Outside shooting has been bad for a long time so who do you blame players or Hornacek? I heard Shack commenting on Kobe and he said "most guys will practice 2 to 3 hrs, but Kobe is in the gym 6 to 7 hrs and doesn't drink it's all about b-ball. They are young for the most part, and hopefully DWill we see what every body else does in this team and comes back. He and his family likes it here and he is just what this team needs plus a 3 point specialist.

• HugMe Logan, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 9:23 a.m.

My takes:

Jefferson, just like Boozer, can't play against the Lakers.

Hayward needed to pull up and shoot a 10 footer on that last possession. I love that he seems to be pass first, but he needs to start taking some shots with confidence.

Some Jazz players seemed to play timid against the Lakers. Millsap wasn't one of them. I loved his game last night. Kanter also wasn't one of them. He needed more minutes last night.

The Jazz still need a threat from outside.

I can't stand the Lakers, but they play really good defense.

Kobe, and all the all-star treatment he receives drives me crazy. I love the NBA, but the all-star treatment that has existed for as long as I can remember drives me nuts. If they are super-stars, they shouldn't need help from the refs.

Kobe knows he irritates Bell and he seems to enjoy that.

Great game to watch. The Jazz are improving. They are so far exceeding expectations this year. If we can get a good shooter, this can be a very good team.

• dave22 SOUTH SALT LAKE, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 9:52 a.m.

I like Corbin but... rookie coach last nite. Going to Jefferson against Bynum over and over in crunch time was stupid. We had no advantage there and it was obvious from the is game (5-17) and last game (2-16) come on corbin!!

Milsap had the best advantage and we didn't go to him enough down the stretch.

• Noodlekaboodle Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 9:55 a.m.

I don't understand the people knocking the Jazz interior D. They stopped Bynum and Gasol in their tracks. Literally the only guy who could score for LA was Kobe. 78 points in regulation, Jazz D hasn't been this good in 10 years.

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 10:12 a.m.

I would say the team is young playing together and so is Corbin young as head coach.

However inserting Hayward in the last minute was not a good decision. He had struggled for the entire game, not just with his shot but also he got beat repeatedly by his man.

I am hoping this is a rookie coaching error. As pointed out in earlier remarks the guards were off in their shooting, as were most of the forwards, the only thing consistent is their shooting coach..any thoughts about a replacement there? The team really needs help shooting.

Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson were fabulous players yet it is hard to find worse coaches. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you can teach it, perhaps the Jazz need to reconsider their shooting coach as the team stinks at shooting, with exception of Millsap and Howard. The majority of them shot much better before coming to the Jazz.

• JBQ Saint Louis, MO
    Jan. 12, 2012 10:31 a.m.

Strange to say but Feshenko played well against one team. That was the Lakers. The reason comes from a previous comment. He was a "stopper in the middle" who clogged the lane against the Laker "trees". Favors and Kanter are the future "trees" but they still need someone to clog the middle. Jefferson doesn't do that and he plays miserably against the Lakers. Fesenko is a sad story. He was coachable with plenty of raw talent and no one did. It is obvious that Hayward has the same "disease". For any well educated person who played a lot of basketball on the playground, as I, then you know right away what is wrong with Hayward. A previous comment also graded the guards with D+. This is a major issue that needs correction. Progressing in the right direction but needs periodic tuning.

• Millsap fan Taylorsville, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Great game,

Especially for a young team. The Jazz are #1 in shot blocking, have the sixth best bench and are taking better care of the ball then they have in years!

Jefferson has been shooting well, but he's gotta pass more when he's up against tough defenders like Gasol. Nobody can make a high percentage of push shots on that sort of defense! That being said, all of our bigs are doing great on defense!

Corbin is proving he's the real deal! Nobody expected this team to do this well! Go Jazz!

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 11:14 a.m.

@Doug 10

We are all experts after the fact, and sitting at home on the couch. Who should he have in instead of Hayward? Certainly not Miles or Burks. I am not a huge Hayward fan yet, but who else should have been in. Hayward is one of the few that can create space and make his own shot. He just needs to be more aggressive and gutsy, but that will come with time. Or maybe it never will come, we will see how he develops.

• J-TX Allen, TX
    Jan. 12, 2012 11:14 a.m.

Yes, the Jazz shot poorly. Credit where credit is due, the Lakers' defense is stifling at times. Good effort, Jazz, much better than the opener.

Looking forward to Feb 4th.

-Laker Fan in Dallas

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Jan. 12, 2012 11:15 a.m.

When you have a young team, you call time out to set up a play so Hayward understands he needs to shoot the ball when that close to the basket.

CJ haters all out today yet while on the the floor the Jazz were a +7. It is evident that the couch coaches on here do not understand the game.

Bell a defensive stopper? Come on...Kobe went for 40 and had a wide open look at the end of regulation to win it.

Why play Jefferson when he is so bad last night and keep Favors on the bench all night? Come on Corbin.

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:16 p.m.

1st home loss! Lakers 1st road win? You gotta love it baby!

• Jazzledazzle Provo, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 12:33 p.m.

If we listened to some of the fans on here, our lineup would include:

Evans, Fesenko, Tinsley. What is next bringing Ostertag and Adam Keefe out of retirement. The coaching was good, the Jazz played well. They lost a tough game to a team that at this time is better. So quit whining and gear up for the next game.

• ouisc Farmington, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 1:51 p.m.

In the height of the Stockton/Malone era, the Jazz were the second best team in the NBA. We just have to live with that.

In the current era, we just have to accept that the Lakers are a better team than the Jazz. They have been for years, and until we as players and fans decide that is not acceptable, then the Lakers will continue to be a better team than the Jazz. We just have to accept that.

The Jazz played as well as we can expect last night. There aren't many teams in the league Kobe can defeat by himself, but he continues to defeat the Jazz with little help.

The more I watch Kobe play, the more I respect his game. He has a killer instinct. He does not accept losing to the Utah Jazz. The guy had 40 points shooting nearly 50% from the field. Nice game, Kobe.

(By the way, I'm pretty sure Raja Bell would not score 40 points if he took 30 shots in an NBA game.)

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Jan. 12, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Lets see....Harris and Hayward go 2 - 14. Score a mere five points between them while playing 51 combined minutes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the problem was last night. Bell gives up 40 points. Geez, it was a miracle the game went to overtime. The rest of the players must have been fabulous. CJ was the least of the problem at the wing last night. +7 while are the starters were in the negative. We know who should be starting now!!

• LAJazzFan Los Angeles, CA
    Jan. 12, 2012 2:29 p.m.

Fun game to watch, and encouraging that the Jazz held their own this time after getting embarrased a couple of weeks ago by the Lakers (yes, I'll take the moral victory/progress with this team at this juncture).

I've been down on Devin Harris, perhaps justifiably so. However, what is becoming clear is that the Jazz (outside the bigs) are a really bad shooting team. FT% 84% Lakers v 69% JAzz, 3pt% 44 v 28%, and FG% 43 v 39% (the Jazz D gave the Lakers fewer shots, but they couldn't take advantage of it due to their poor shooting/free throw percentage).

Of the PGs, SGs and SFs (7 total), 5 are shooting between 18%-25% 3pts; the other two (Harris and CJ) are only at 33%- rangning from bad to embarrasing. Nearly all of them shoot less than 40% overall. Even FT% from this group hasn't been impressive.

Harris might get a higher assist rate (his turnover rate is great) if the team could make consistent shots outside of 15 feet! Maybe instead of trading HArris, the JAzz should pick up a reliable outside shooter.

• Bacapo Delta, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 3:14 p.m.

Great job by the Jazz!! i saw a lot of good things last night. Ive read some of these comments and all i see is complaining about the shooting, personnel etc. stop whining! this team has come a long way, and is going to continue to progress! its true we did shoot terrible, but we still took the lakers to ot. sometimes players have off nights, why not talk about the MEN we have playin down low? Millsap is a beast! and he let gasol know it. i never saw boozer do that to gasol. Id take Jefferson over boozer and okur any day of the week, and Kanter and Favors over all the dead weight we've had on the bench for the past few years(fesenko, koufas, collins, i can keep going if ya want me to) we will figure things out at PG. they will be fine, this team is moving forward. (bytheway D wills nets are 2-9, great trade eh?) and we still have a lottery pick from the williams trade. this team has a future. lets be a little more positive shall we?

• fortydam OREM, UT
    Jan. 12, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Jazzledazzle.... When did I jump on Corbin? When did I say play Evans? Did you read my post? I was blogging yesterday at how much I loved Corbin playing the hot hand! I said I wished he would have played Millsap at the three more, because that is exactly when we pulled ahead... Both times! If you are playing against that tall of team, you can put Sap there. Corbin tried it and it worked. I think they are playing great.. I like Corbin much better than Sloan!

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 12, 2012 7:05 p.m.

Just find more than 10 minutes or less for Favors, Kanter and Burks Ty, especially when against tall timber like the lakers. I also think that Evans needs to play himself onto the bench rather than just be placed there. My other concern is with this ridiculous cramming of games into such a short time frame the good possiblities of player injuries. Spreading the minutes now would be wise to make sure we stay away from that problem, all the while giving the young men experience that they need against these good teams.
    Jefferson and Milsap are logging too many in my opinion, and there are alot of back to backs and a three set coming up. Wearing down does cause these injuries were seeing now with other teams, too many games a week, bodies can't stand it.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    Jan. 13, 2012 3:15 a.m.

@JBQ

years in the playground? really? i know people who played their entire life on the playground and still cant play ball...i played on my HS and college teams...and played the point...the only habit that i think Hayward should lose...is when he drives...he should not kick it out so often...either take it...or know where the bigs would go...so you'll just have to drop it to them...im not sure...why he doesnt assert himself to score...someone needs to talk to him...fast...he has a lot of upside...but its only his second year...CJ has already played more than 6 and he is still the same...